Exclamation DS3 Frozen BIOS Screen (dead CPU?)- please help

I had to RMA my old 965P-DS3 MB (rev 3.3), i was overclocking my D805 and it eventually would not post at. So I received my new board and installed it last night, I went to turn on the system and the video card bios comes up then it goes to the LOGO of Gigabyte, and it is frozen there. My question is, is this a bad motherboard, or did I fry both my MB and D805 on my overclock and its actually my CPU now? Is there anyway to test the CPU or know it is the CPU?

My setup:

OCZ GameXstream 700W PSU
    Pentium D805
    Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev3.3
    Corsair 2gb DDR800 4-4-4-12
    2 x Seagate 320 GB HD
    XFX 7900GS video card
    X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card

The power supply is brand new as well. But I highly doubt that is the problem.

Thanks

Re: DS3 Frozen BIOS Screen (dead CPU?)- please help

unplug the psu, remove the bios battery and set the bios/cmos jumper to clear for a few minutes.

ud

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post
    unplug the psu, remove the bios battery and set the bios/cmos jumper to clear for a few minutes.

ud
    no success. Any other ideas? Thanks

Any other ideas?
    i was hoping we could get a cheap thrill and get it running before the other showed up. darn. i hate those mb logo screens.

try tapping the delete key at one second intervals once you hit the case power button. experiment, ie. vid card bios screen, etc.

are you using ps2 or usb key board?

at some point you can pull the board and try booting it outside the case. check for stand offs that don't belong.

and patience, there are some good guys with the board that will show up and help.

ud

It let me into the BIOS for about 20 seconds, I went into the PC Health status and was there for about 10 seconds then it froze and now its frozen each time i boot up. I really think its the CPU, but could it be the new MB or something else? Thanks for your help ud.

Also, sometimes it won't get past the Video Card Bios screen, this is usually on a cold boot. Does this mean it could be the video card? I still think its the CPU. I wish I had another one to test it.
    Last edited by rossel21; 03-10-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Try switching your memory around.

Boot with one stick. Hard to Fry a CPU. Is the CPU fan turning?
    "Angels on the sideline, Puzzled and amused.
    Why did Father give these humans free will?
    Now they’re all confused."

6600K@4.2 MSI Z170A GAMING G5- Gskill DDR4 @2400-Creative Soundblaster Z-MyDigitalSSD BPX (240GB)-Plus Various other SSD&HHD-Sapphire RX480-Win10

A whole mess of other computers-Tablets-Tech Toys