Page 257 of 366 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 5480

Re: The Great Global Warming Thread (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    And on the subject of Arizona my freakn' water pipe froze. I've lived here 5 years and this is the first time that has happened. The only other time I had a frozen water pipe was several decades ago when I lived in Vermont up by the Canadian Border. Global warming my *ss!
    Yesterday was the coldest day I can ever remember here in Colorado Springs, and I've lived here since '86. -20F for a low last night, but the wind chills hit -40F!!! for a lot of the day yesterday. Snowfall? No way. We picked up a whopping .02 inches out of this huge storm. We've now only had 5.8 inches so far this snow season where 21.9" is normal.

Sigh, I only wish the MMGW morons were right. If C02 was causing temps to rise, I'd put a V8 on my lawnmower, run racing fuel in my car, and burn coal in my fireplace.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

It was 34 here this morning. It might not sound that cold but as ive said before

I live 10 feet from the beach on a barrier island!

This is why its so crazy how cold it is here. i just leaned out my back door and snapped a quick pic on my cell so terrible quality. But As you can see, the gulf of mexico is right there.

And its this cold???

^^^^ Place yer bets. How will the snake oil salesmen pitch their wares next??

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Disaster-

Arizona without golf ...

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — The start of play in the Phoenix Open has been delayed because of heavy frost at TPC Scottsdale.

After frost and frozen turf wiped out the pro-am round Wednesday, temperatures were in the mid 20s Thursday morning when the first groups were scheduled to tee off.

Read more: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...#ixzz1Cv7GCcMH
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

^^^ I don't see the problem. One of my longest drives was onto a frozen fairway. Great after the landing bounce and roll.

I keep telling you guys The Goracle has explained this.

The warm air and moisture part makes sense, what he dodges is the coldassed weather itself.......

Gore said that "increased moisture in the air - a result of global warming - can lead to increased snowfalls".

^^^ Among many other things global warming is also the cause of acne, gout, common cold, diarrhea, athlete’s foot, premature puberty, menopause, irregular menstruation, hay fever, ingrown toe nails, hang nails, flatulence, halitosis, ringworms, tape worms and whatever else ails you…

If there’s any doubt in your mind check with Dr. Mercola for verification…

We've got one of those MMGW "Warm air based" snow storms going in Fort Worth right now........it's 21 defrees F and snowing like a MF - on top of last Monday's snow and ice that hadn't melted all week......the coldest winter in the past 15 years and dropping.......

FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

^^^^^ That's what I'm talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^^ Among many other things global warming is also the cause of acne, gout, common cold, diarrhea, athlete’s foot, premature puberty, menopause, irregular menstruation, hay fever, ingrown toe nails, hang nails, flatulence, halitosis, ringworms, tape worms and whatever else ails you… ....
    I didn't know that Al Gore could do all that ....
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^^ Among many other things global warming is also the cause of acne, gout, common cold, diarrhea, athlete’s foot, premature puberty, menopause, irregular menstruation, hay fever, ingrown toe nails, hang nails, flatulence, halitosis, ringworms, tape worms and whatever else ails you…

If there’s any doubt in your mind check with Dr. Mercola for verification…
    Add to that: Insanity in Politicians, Bumbling Stupidity in Scientists and overwhelming feelings of Planetary Altruism in most Liberals.......
    Last edited by SteveW; 02-05-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroSim View Post
    I didn't know that Al Gore could do all that ....
    He single handily invented the internet. There shouldnt be much the man cant accomplish.

Had someone spent the time with it, they might have at least understood this science. Piers Corbyn on Alex Jones gives a pretty good layman's description of what he does and how he does it.

However, people do not know how close the US came to being like England with Global Warming. Listen carefully and you will understand how the government there has used the weather for thought control.

Funny how Airstrip One has hot = warming AND cold = warming and how the economic and political machine refuses to admit that they made a mistake in both the forecast and the agenda. They set themselves up for this moral hazard and this is waht happens when government and political image is your largest industry-

Perhaps one of the most appalling things that can happen to an engineer or scientist who are innovative is having their work basically stolen from them and having someone else take credit for it. This is one way of silencing both opposition and genius. My hope is that Piers is not so co-opted and that the UK will start shrinking their government by putting a good chunk of this group "out in the cold".
    Last edited by AeroSim; 02-06-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: caps ed

William Jennings Bryan.