Page 308 of 366 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5480

Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Solar power is great for places where other power is not available.

If you want a laugh... check out the fancy homes around California reservoirs getting tax subsidies for solar panels.

The laugh, of course, is that those reservoirs are used to generate hydro power (renewable) and the state pays the folks to strap solar panels on the roof and forces PG&E to pay them back for the power they generate at a higher rate than the electricity they use from the hydro powered generators.

There are no fossil fueled power plants in the area.

These are my clients. They look at me straight faced when proclaiming they're doing their part for "climate change". Tax rebates, back-charges to the power company = living green.

Like most everything else these days... just follow the money.

Or pontificate about how much you care and how you're doing your part and how you sleep well (when your impact is that of a flea).
    But dams are bad Dutch! They make life impossible for the Delta Smelt! There really shouldn't be a reservoir there at all. Only lakes that formed naturally should be in California...and Colorafornia for that matter! No, we all just need to learn to live with less. Shower less, smell more. Electric power is just another way for the patriarchy to keep us down.

Sorry, just had to regurgitate some of the stupidity that's so prevalent in our two states now.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

50 shades of otoc. I was thinking the familiar stench of TicToc was in the air as well.

And all you got is to attack me and attack people that are trying to ease the burden on those plants and others. Real cute

Guideline #2:
    Treat all other members with more respect than they deserve. Further than not using personal insults, or attacking members in print, Avoid the habit of dismissing them because you feel they are wrong. If you believe they are incorrect, use sound reasoning to explain why, and extend them the courtesy of being polite about it.

Guideline #5:
    Trolling will not be tolerated. That is, please do not post an inflammatory statement and disappear. If you have a strong opinion, explain why you hold that opinion. Insults posted merely to create angry rebuttals will be summarily closed.

That went out the window in a hurry.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-16-2015 at 08:44 PM.

^ The old Passive/Aggressive "Spin and Whine" maneuver! Haven't seen that one in a while!!!! Now the victim!!!!! WooHoo!

My vote = TicToc. Knew he couldn't stay away.

Welcome back TicToc!!!!

How is a reference to our friend otoc anything but a compliment to a person so entrenched in liberal thinkology?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    How is a reference to our friend otoc anything but a compliment to a person so entrenched in liberal thinkology?
    A heartfelt compliment of the highest order!

Welcome back TicToc!!!!

Guideline #5:
    Trolling will not be tolerated. That is, please do not post an inflammatory statement and disappear. If you have a strong opinion, explain why you hold that opinion. Insults posted merely to create angry rebuttals will be summarily closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post
    Welcome back TicToc!!!!

Guideline #5:
    Glad you adhered to Guideline #5 - most of us thought you had disappeared. Good to have you back, it was a bit mundane around these parts during your absence!

Glad you adhered to Guideline #5 - most of us thought you had disappeared. Good to have you back, it was a bit mundane around these parts during your absence!

When are going to adhere to #5, don't know who TicToc is and in no way associated with TicToc, again #5 and #2 applies here. You are trying to provoke a strong response from me and I am much better than play that kind of game. You two can't stay on subject without attacking people that put up factual content that dispute what you think and have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post

When are going to adhere to #5, don't know who TicToc is and in no way associated with TicToc, again #5 and #2 applies here. You are trying to provoke a strong response from me and I am much better than play that kind of game. You two can't stay on subject without attacking people that put up factual content that dispute what you think and have said.
    Well, you certainly whine like TicToc and share a few other fine attributes. Like for instance posting "Off Topic" in a pathetic attempt to point out Off Topic.

Phuleezeee.....
    Last edited by SteveW; 07-17-2015 at 08:47 AM.

My thinking here is that rising CO2 levels must have somehow played a part in this. Perhaps our new Scholar can once again enlighten us.

Guidelines? An ancient relic from the past. they might have been rules to live by in 2005 but in 2015 they don't reflect todays real world of slime and cutthroat politics brought forth by our radical left brethren.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Well, you certainly whine like TicToc and share a few other fine attributes. Like for instance posting "Off Topic" in a pathetic attempt to point out Off Topic.

Phuleezeee.....

Who first started off topics by attacking me? I wasn't the topic..But you and Dutch decided to make me the topic.

Tucker, if guidelines are relics and don't apply now have Dutch say so.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-17-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Guidelines are applicable and enforced by the hall monitor.

Reporting guideline abuse in the forum by non-hall monitor members is an abuse of the guidelines and forum rules and can be enforced by hall monitors in any number of ways like infractions, giving the boot and any number of painful things in between.

If you have any further complaints please report them according to the guidelines.

This post was not researched... relying solely on memory from 2005 when I'm pretty sure we all read and re-read the guidelines.

In short... cut the rule crap. Its boring.

And lets not forget the Sierra Club and it's minions pride themselves on tearing down dams.. you know.. hydro. Well all dams but the Hetch Hechy setup that supplies SF. Die hard left will not be happy till we are all living in mud huts. And I do mean "we".. cuz they dun want no part of what they desire to curse the rest of us with.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Speaking of.

1/00 of 1 degree C.

http://www.thepiratescove.us/2015/07...ct-on-climate/

Costs to the American public be damned, they have a cult to push. This comes to us from a July 9th U.S House Science Committee meeting (via Climate Depot)

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Verdana">https://youtu.be/hkkeLpbz0-Y

Via: The HARRY READ ME File: Testifying before Congress, EPA’s McCarthy defends the Agency’s climate regs as ‘enormously beneficial’ when asked about the rules climate benefit of reducing global temps by just one one-hundredth of a single degree Celsius.

CHAIRMAN LAMAR SMITH: “On the Clean Power Plan, former Obama Administration Assistant Secretary Charles McConnell said at best it will reduce global temperature by only one one-hundredth of a degree Celsius. At the same time it’s going to increase the cost of electricity. That’s going to hurt the lowest income Americans the most. How do you justify such an expensive, burdensome, onerous rule that’s really not going to do much good and isn’t this all pain and no gain.

ADMINISTRATOR GINA MCCARTHY: “No sir, I don’t agree with you. If you look at the RIA we did, the Regulatory Impact Analysis you would see it’s enormously beneficial.

CHAIRMAN SMITH: “Do you consider one one-hundredth of a degree to be enormously beneficial?”

ADMINISTRATOR MCCARTHY: “The value of this rule is not measured in that way. It is measured in showing strong domestic action which can actually trigger global action to address what’s a necessary action to protect…”

CHAIRMAN SMITH: “Do you disagree with my one one-hundredth of a degree figure? Do you disagree with the one one-hundredth of a degree?”

ADMINISTRATOR MCCARTHY: “I’m not disagreeing that this action in and of itself will not make all the difference we need to address climate action, but what I’m saying is that if we don’t take action domestically we will never get started and we’ll never…”

CHAIRMAN SMITH: “But if you are looking at the results, the results can’t justify the cost and the burden that you’re imposing on the American people in my judgement.”
    Go that? The fact that the rules will make no difference in the temperature, but will increase the cost of living, is immaterial. It’s all about Doing Something.

You see.. we need to start take "action" domestically. If we don't f*k over our citizens in the name of the non existent thermogeddon, how are we gunna get other gubberments to do likewise?

They measure success by degree... of misery.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper