Page 313 of 366 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5480
  1. #4681
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    ^^^ There's a strawman for ya: Your claim is invalid because your numbers aren't from a legitimate source. In the meantime, we have no numbers to back the population demise, but don't hold that against us scientists.

    In the past, their numbers were threatened by hunters. The hunting was stopped for the most part. The numbers climbed. The global warmers claim was that our burning fossil fuel threatened them and out came their predictions, but like the rising ocean claims and increased hurricane claims, it didn't happen. So now its a joke. Now we have memes... about the global warmers poster boy and false numbers. But of course, the otocs of the world continue to defend the myths, even in the face of truth, because their narrative must go on. For many, its their livelihood and for others its their faith, cult, whatever.

    Even the WWF has begun to get real:

    Today
    Today, polar bears are among the few large carnivores that are still found in roughly their original habitat and range--and in some places, in roughly their natural numbers.
    Although most of the world's 19 populations have returned to healthy numbers, there are differences between them. Some are stable, some seem to be increasing, and some are decreasing due to various pressures.

    Status of the polar bear populations in 2014
    3 populations were in decline
    1 population was increasing
    6 populations were stable
    9 populations were data-deficient (information missing or outdated)


  2. #4682
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,594

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    The only thing I see a change in is the global warming lies.

    I think about the poor polar bears when I watch the ice melt in my ice tea. Polar Bear Paranoid, that's me.
    Last edited by tucker; 09-11-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

    AOC... New Leader DNC ....

  3. #4683
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    An indicator of why selling the public on the Global Warming Swindle is so easy.

  4. #4684
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    12,925

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    What I like about TicTocs "Scientific Facts Based Argument" about Polar Bear populations in the 60's is nothing. "Mr. Scientist" he quotes simply states there is no tangible evidence of numbers of bears in the 60's. Well, doesn't that substantiate the argument that "Populations are Dwindling" as s result of MMGW is pure fabricated BS?

  5. #4685
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    433

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Yup, Clearwater, the only swindle going on here is the constant posting by members using sources that are the conservative versions of Al Gore. Never scientists who've actually written a paper, just plain ol' folks with a drum to beat by selectively grabbing data to serve their cause of keeping carbon based companies in the red. lol, they never follow the money in that direction.

    Here's what the arctic ice looked like at the end of August, complete with a median border showing past coverage.

    Steady decline, seasonal minimum approaching
    September 2, 2015
    August saw a remarkably steady decline in Arctic sea ice extent, at a rate slightly faster than the long-term average. Forecasts show that this year’s minimum sea ice extent, which typically occurs in mid to late September, is likely to be the third or fourth lowest in the satellite record. All four of the lowest extents have occurred since 2007. In mid-August, Antarctic sea ice extent began to trend below the 1981 to 2010 average for the first time since November 2011.
    http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

    Then there's Dumbcedar, posting funny pics that have no basis in reality other than "Someone said this once".

    http://www.polarbearsinternational.o...ations-booming



    Yup, there's no science being posted by the guys try'n to rebut science here, moving' on...
    I could play the same game that global warming isn't happening. I could post a picture of me that was taking back in 1978 in front of my garage doors standing on top of a snow drift that reached the top of both doors, and then a picture take these past winter of snow storms because I am not a legitimate source and the loss of habitat never has threatened any species. But that would be kool-aid.

    These global warming deniers are going to have a hay day when a huge amount permafrost thaws and all that carbon is released, it is nature not man, with all the I told you so, it will truly be comical.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 09-11-2015 at 01:07 PM.

  6. #4686
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,823

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post
    I could play the same game that global warming isn't happening. I could post a picture of me that was taking back in 1978 in front of my garage doors standing on top of a snow drift that reached the top of both doors, and then a picture take these past winter of snow storms because I am not a legitimate source and the loss of habitat never has threatened any species. But that would be kool-aid.

    These global warming deniers are going to have a hay day when a huge amount permafrost thaws and all that carbon is released, it is nature not man, with all the I told you so, it will truly be comical.
    Sigh. For the 100th time, I don't think there are too many people that completely deny GW may be happening, we just aren't convinced it's humans fault. As I've stated before, the Earth has gone through countless heating and cooling cycles for billions of years, long before the industrialization of the planet.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

    Edmund Burke

    RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

  7. #4687
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Sigh. For the 100th time, I don't think there are too many people that completely deny GW may be happening, we just aren't convinced it's humans fault. As I've stated before, the Earth has gone through countless heating and cooling cycles for billions of years, long before the industrialization of the planet.
    Yep. And a warmer planet also works way more for a big population than one that is mostly covered with glaciers.

    All this does is create a tax based on a Chicken Little fairy tale.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  8. #4688
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    433

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Sigh. For the 100th time, I don't think there are too many people that completely deny GW may be happening, we just aren't convinced it's humans fault. As I've stated before, the Earth has gone through countless heating and cooling cycles for billions of years, long before the industrialization of the planet.
    I know, there are sill those that think our world is flat, the sun revolves around the earth and by a very large percentage more than 50% thinks our area is stationary in the universe.

    When the a large amount of permafrost thaws and more continues to thaw there is no turning back, we are toast. Even by your own standards plants won't be able to absorb that much carbon for a very long time and by then you will be 110% right.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 09-11-2015 at 05:27 PM.

  9. #4689
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post
    I could play the same game that global warming isn't happening. I could post a picture of me that was taking back in 1978 in front of my garage doors standing on top of a snow drift that reached the top of both doors, and then a picture take these past winter of snow storms because I am not a legitimate source and the loss of habitat never has threatened any species. But that would be kool-aid.

    These global warming deniers are going to have a hay day when a huge amount permafrost thaws and all that carbon is released, it is nature not man, with all the I told you so, it will truly be comical.
    Yup, they play the denial game well here.

    From Dumbcedar calling a response to his viral pic that had no basis in reality, being repeatedly refuted over the years , a Strawman, to his posting of a Polar Bear article with 3 zones in critical status being in those areas that don't have historical ice coverage, along with numerous zones with, ahem, insufficient data thus proving my point that his pic was f'd in the first place. Of course ol' Cedar gave us a real straw man saying' the LA Time Article was somehow a reason why people believe Climate Change is a problem, and seemed to miss their link in the article another showing CA Wild Flower relations to, ahem, Climate Change.

    Other than that, you can see all the other attempts to counter science here. From the "been there many more times before" so it's not convincing even though climate scientists have learned from and explained the differences, to the typical lies, deceit and taxation conspiracies. Yup, it's a swindle being fed by the same folks who argued tobacco wasn't bad to Exxon being caught with a memo that stated they needed to support voices that gave people a reason to question.

    But like any other item that extremists grab onto it became amplified to the level of political polarization so that Republicans became anti-science, and somehow Democrats are pro-science. Go figure. Seems like a losing proposition to me, and I'm not a Democrat. I simply don't get that twisted logic.

    Reading back a few pages here, I see the deniers new argument is that science is done by science and not by consensus even though that consensus was driven by science and not opinion. lol, that and a few more mentions that you are me by dogbreathW, while AMDpooper totally denies the issue as a scam with no rebuttal by kb.

    Gotta love this place as one where little time should be spent because it's like dealing with contards who say they don't read what is posted but spend a lot of time bloviating in response to whomever posts something they refuse to acknowledge.

    The bottom line is every major science organization has published a position paper saying a simple thing: The climate is warming and humans are believed to be the cause. What are we given in rebuttal? Blog postings and pictures.

    Still waiting for those bloggers to write a scientific paper that actually gets peer reviewed like Climate Scientists are doing. But don't ya know from reading here, it's all a scam, a conspiracy, and a swindle.

    Ocean levels aren't rising even though they are, the Arctic and glaciers aren't melting even though they are, models aren't working even though they are, and the list goes on...

    The issue with Perma Frost melting isn't CO2 being released, it's Methane, a gas many more times potent as a greenhouse gas. That's the real gorilla in the equation.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  10. #4690
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Yep. And a warmer planet also works way more for a big population than one that is mostly covered with glaciers.

    All this does is create a tax based on a Chicken Little fairy tale.
    My God, this is so ignorant on many levels. Wonder why the military has devoted resources to studying climate change and it's effect on destabilizing geo-political regions as a national threat? A warmer world is good for a big population? Sure, until people don't have water and as such can't make food. Just look at how people in California are dealing with change as a glance into the future.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  11. #4691
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    My God, this is so ignorant on many levels. Wonder why the military has devoted resources to studying climate change and it's effect on destabilizing geo-political regions as a national threat? A warmer world is good for a big population? Sure, until people don't have water and as such can't make food. Just look at how people in California are dealing with change as a glance into the future.
    Ignorance is watching Oprah all day, worrying about Tom Brady's deflated balls, blaming every storm that causes a flood on automobiles and everyone else's breathing.
    Ignorance is the refusal to admit that people have a helluva a lot more to worry about than rattle sabers at windmills, water and CO2.
    Ignorance is failing to admit that the storms of doom haven't mushroomed to punish the world for it's CO2 crimes.
    Ignorance is believing that melting ice caps is the end of the world- despite that has not been true in the past or today.
    Ignorance is thinking that self-interest politicians and corporations are going to fix it.
    Ignorance is following any agenda because you're afraid of bad weather.
    Ignorance is never challenging the status quo and having the guts to tell it to go fuk off.
    Ignorance is sitting behind a PC and writing narrative drivel and never accepting the challenge of taking advantage of the world as it is ... and as it changes.
    Ignorance is to watch places dry up and not do something with more available water on the planet.
    Ignorance is dismissing common sense and nature and swallowing fraudulent spin-doctored, imaginary and manufactured crises.
    Ignorance is never believing that you are being played for a fool by those you trust.
    Ignorance is believing shit without a shred of proof. You have yet to pony it up and SHOW us.

    Ignorance is your strength. Enjoy the fruits of sucking up to Big Brother as he sucks you dry.

    So while you convince yourself to do nothing about anything worth a dam, reality has a tendency to consume those who refuse to deal with it.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  12. #4692
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Ignorance is watching Oprah all day, worrying about Tom Brady's deflated balls, blaming every storm that causes a flood on automobiles and everyone else's breathing.
    Ignorance is the refusal to admit that people have a helluva a lot more to worry about than rattle sabers at windmills, water and CO2.
    Ignorance is failing to admit that the storms of doom haven't mushroomed to punish the world for it's CO2 crimes.
    Ignorance is believing that melting ice caps is the end of the world- despite that has not been true in the past or today.
    Ignorance is thinking that self-interest politicians and corporations are going to fix it.
    Ignorance is following any agenda because you're afraid of bad weather.
    Ignorance is never challenging the status quo and having the guts to tell it to go fuk off.
    Ignorance is sitting behind a PC and writing narrative drivel and never accepting the challenge of taking advantage of the world as it is ... and as it changes.
    Ignorance is to watch places dry up and not do something with more available water on the planet.
    Ignorance is dismissing common sense and nature and swallowing fraudulent spin-doctored, imaginary and manufactured crises.
    Ignorance is never believing that you are being played for a fool by those you trust.
    Ignorance is believing shit without a shred of proof. You have yet to pony it up and SHOW us.

    Ignorance is your strength. Enjoy the fruits of sucking up to Big Brother as he sucks you dry.

    So while you convince yourself to do nothing about anything worth a dam, reality has a tendency to consume those who refuse to deal with it.
    Lol, sure. I'll add one for you. Ignorance is ranting on and on about anything other than what was written.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  13. #4693
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Lol, sure. I'll add one for you. Ignorance is ranting on and on about anything other than what was written.
    Ignorance is believing shit without a shred of proof. You have yet to pony it up and SHOW us.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  14. #4694
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,810

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Ignorance is believing shit without a shred of proof. You have yet to pony it up and SHOW us.
    Just read through years of my posts in this thread noob.
    Last edited by otoc; 09-11-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Added quote for poster I responded to who has never backed up points in this thread.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  15. #4695
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: The Great Global Warming Swindle

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Lol, sure. I'll add one for you. Ignorance is ranting on and on about anything other than what was written.
    Projection 101.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •