Page 222 of 306 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4577

Re: The Great Global Warming Thread (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Look, we were promised warmer weather if we drove SUV's. I think we've been lied to.
    Yup, I have dutifully driven my suv and yet had to cancel a planned trip to CA this weekend because of the snow and frigid temps. Went down to -1 a couple of nights ago and Sea-Tac hit an all time low of 14 which is unheard of for Seattle.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    Yes, I had to defrost the car this morning.

Like the froggie.

No snow where I am, but other parts of the country have had quite a bit already. It's supposed to be the most widespread heavy November snow for 17 years.

Some Piccies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...=feeds-newsxml
    So you and Dutch are the ones that made off with all of our snow 'eh? Amazingly enough we haven't had ANY snow yet here in Colorado Springs. The mountains by us have of course gotten the snow, though I'm not sure as much as normal. I just put my winter tires on last night because I got a leak in one of my summer's and didn't feel like repairing it. This is the latest I've ever remembered the snow getting here. It's not like it hasn't been cold enough either. Yesterday we had a high of 25 and a low of 2.

How to paint your way out of a corner:

[Insert stock library pics of a chimney & some polar bears here]

But in a new report the Met Office said the reduced rate of warming can be easily explained by a number of factors. And indeed the true rate of warming caused by man made greenhouse gases could be greater than ever.

One of the major factors is pollution over Asia, where the huge growth in coal-fired power stations mean aerosols like sulphur are being pumped into the air. This reflects sunlight, cooling the land surface temperature.

Dr Vicky Pope, Head of Climate Change Advice [Met Office computer modelling], said pollution may be causing a cooling effect.
    ...and yet still blame mankind.

Genius!

No really, Bravo. This will presumably be the new tactic from now on. Gotta safeguard that gravy train come what may.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...pollution.html
    Last edited by Enmore; 11-27-2010 at 09:16 PM.

^^^ With heavy emphasis on another picture of stranded Polar Bears.

It's the UK's coldest November for 25 years, with more snow on the way.

I bet our climate change secretary is glad he's off the his luxury golf and spa Resort in Cancun. He better get going or the airport may be closed.

You know, it's been pretty cold up where my daughter goes to school all year as it is- but often a first snow wouldn't happen until much later in the winter.

Nov 22-

Seems to be pandemic.

What we do need is an extinction level event. One that affects lying, voodoo priest, thieves who push themselves off as global warming proponents and scientists.

Global warming is NOT the threat we should be spending any resources on.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 11-28-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Where better for eco-moonbats and their pet idiot politicians to congregate in Cancun than at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort.

LOL, honestly I'm not making that up. It's where the 'talks' are being held and all the official delegations are staying.

Also 'Cancun' means ‘nest of serpents’ in the old native language.

^^^ Snakes at the Moon Palace.

Pretty much describes the entire man made global warming thing in five words or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Snakes at the Moon Palace.

Pretty much describes the entire man made global warming thing in five words or less.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

^^^

Sweden braces for record freeze

Stockholm is forecast to experience its coldest seasonal temperatures for over 100 years this week as winter weather takes hold of the country, according to the Swedish Meteorological Institute (SMHI).

Temperatures across the country are expected to drop to record lows for the first week of December, with the exception of the far north, with averages coming in 7-10 degrees Celsius below normal.

Stockholm registered -11 degrees Celsius at the weekend, the coldest November temperature since 1965 and the mercury is set to plunge further on Wednesday and Thursday, dropping as low as -15.

"It is far below average temperatures, which usually oscillate around zero at this time of the year," said Alexandra Ohlsson, a meteorologist with SMHI.

Dalarna and Jämtland in northern Sweden will also be hit with the harsh weather. The Storsjön lake in the heart of Jämtland's main city Östersund has already frozen over in most parts.
    http://www.thelocal.se/30516/20101130/

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/at-...9?pagenumber=1

Nearly 200 delegates from around the world will gather Monday in Cancun in hopes of reaching consensus on how to address current global climate challenges, which include rapidly rising ocean levels and a deteriorating ozone layer.

One key category that is likely to be addressed in the Cancun talks is how to strengthen support for developing nations. On the financial front, this means agreeing on some form of a “multilateral climate fund” to provide aid for developing countries to enable their implementation of greener technology practices and adaptation to changing climate forces.

The climate fund would encompass the goal of raising $100 billion a year by 2020 for developing countries, which was discussed last year in Copenhagen.
    { Hint: It's not about the Global Warming. It's about who pays for next year's partyconference. }
    Shades of AIG....

I suggest Mogadishu.
    Last edited by AeroSim; 11-30-2010 at 05:56 PM.

William Jennings Bryan.

Now c'mon guys. It's not global warming anymore remember? It's "climate change" now. This way when the graphs don't move in the direction the "scientists" would like, they only need to say that the direction it's moving in is brought about by "climate change". Hmmm, didn't we used to refer to this as....weather?

Mark my words, they will use this recent cold spell in Europe to their advantage, claiming of course that they knew all along this would happen and that the only way we can stop it is to buy electric cars and stop eating beef.

It's amusing how the Cancun climate BS is getting zero airplay over here. Even the main global warming cheerleaders like the BBC are silent. And yet they were all over the Copenhagen farce like a rash last December.

I guess even they find it hard to sell something in the midst of widespread snow, freezing temperatures & traffic disruption. London Gatwick, Edinburgh and various other airports were shut all day today, there's literally thousands of closed schools across the country. Heck, it's even snowing where I am now and we haven't had any since January.

Meanwhile it's a balmy 84 degrees in Cancun.

It seems somebody up there really doesn't like smelly hippies and bent 'scientists'.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmore View Post
    It's amusing how the Cancun climate BS is getting zero airplay over here. Even the main global warming cheerleaders like the BBC are silent. And yet they were all over the Copenhagen farce like a rash last December.

I guess even they find it hard to sell something in the midst of widespread snow, freezing temperatures & traffic disruption. London Gatwick, Edinburgh and various other airports were shut all day today, there's literally thousands of closed schools across the country. Heck, it's even snowing where I am now and we haven't had any since January.

Meanwhile it's a balmy 84 degrees in Cancun.

It seems somebody up there really doesn't like smelly hippies and bent 'scientists'.
    Not a peep over here either.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS CROSSHAIR Atholn 64 X2 6400+ - Liquid Cooled
    A/V Mastering & Processing - ASUS A8N32-SLI Opteron 180
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications