Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Intel's Q3 07 Lineup - The killing blow on AMD?

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6484
    3ghz Conroe for 266$

Conroes as cheap as 74$

I think the E6750 is the best priced for gamers. Im confused as to whether or not this lineup and pricecut are coming out at once or the processors are gonna roll out before the price cut.

Re: Intel's Q3 07 Lineup - The killing blow on AMD?

it looks bad indeed. from the moment i read that quad cores will be sub 300 buckers
    amd betetr move tehre arses very very fast

ps i say this one is the best priced, unless the 2mb cache ones dont differ much performance wise.folders rejoy

E6540 2.33 GHz 4MB 1333 MHz
    $163
    Last edited by _dangtx_; 03-15-2007 at 02:50 AM.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Hio

Sorry to barge in here but has the price cut happend? I bought an MSI P6N this last weekend. But I didnt buy a processor yet cuz I'd heard of price cuts on the way.

Anyway .. is it time ..? Do I buy one now? Should I buy a low end quad core or a high end dual core?

Sorry .. im just a bit excited....

wait.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

That's pretty aggressive pricing on the dual cores. Intel obviously view them as entry level now and will no doubt be pushing their quad cores higher up.

Me thinks AMD are gonna have to significantly undercut them to gain back the market share they are currently losing.

~ Want to try Linux - check out the PC Perspective Linux FAQ ~
    ~ Please take some time to read the Forum Rules ~
    ~ Feed the spamb0tz, don't mail me here: B7Trz4568254@nirvana.admins.ws ~

I am patiently waiting for AMD's response.

I have been a loyal customer of AMD for many many years...even when they were the budget underdog, and while they where the high priced overlord.

i will probably remain loyal, if for nothing else but building a AMD based sytem is simpler for me to understand than Intel's setups, but most of that is because i have not took the time to keep up with the chipsets and such

here AMD next new K10: http://www.techpowerup.com/ and scroll down and read "Let about the K10" section page

Well, we know AMD is cooking up something, but whether or not it can dethrone Conroe is a different story. I wonder why there was nothing about new quad cores... like a more entry level version. Either way, it looks like Intel really wants to kick AMD while they are down.

Sorta reminds me of Gears of War.
    Last edited by fatlazyhomer; 03-15-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Yeah the new pricing is looking killer especially for those that don't intend to OC at all, 3ghz for $266!

It also looks like they've resigned the use of the pentium name to low end budget chips, which I guess matches up with the current pentium lineup.

The addition of the lower end chips is really going to start bringing more pressure to the low end and mainstream markets.

2007, tis a good year to be geekish!
    i7 Beast: Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel i7 920 21x191 (4000) HT on 1.3875v, Swiftech GTZ/D5/BIX2
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill pi Black DDR3 1600, ECS 9600GT
    CM STACKER 810, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

i7 Game: Asus P6T, Intel i7 920 20x180 (3600) HT on 1.275v, TRU-120
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill DDR3 1333 7-7-7-18, MSI GTX260 OCv2, Dell 3007WFP LCD
    CM STACKER 830, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

AMD: Biostar 790GX A2+, PII X4 940BE 17x200, Freezer 64 Pro
    4GB (4x1GB) Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800, Powercolor 4850
    Corsair VX450

those are per 1000 unit orders. Whats the markup going to be?
    "The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church"[Ferdinand Magellan]
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." [Albert Einstein]
    "With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."[Physicist and Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg]

Two for Intel:
    http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=6493

Quad cores... dear god

mines oc'ed to 3.4..mabye ill get one in winter, and oc that to 4ghz.

But right now if you're above 3.0ghz cpu speed is the last thing on your mind its all about the video card you want to fuel.
    Last edited by sashasmola; 03-19-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Look up Supreme commander reviews. CPU Matters

well, it looks to me like intel has given up the elitist "we rule the world at any price" attitude and have decided it's fight fire with fire..looking at the desktop processor prices reminds me of....amd, not so many years ago.

i would be curious what intels marketing budget and strategy is..we know they had way more marketing overhead then amd..and learned a few tricks..like bringing cpus to the grass roots level, to enthusiast shows..something they never used to do, right? the only intel tv i see these days is cross branding with other products, versus a traditional 30 or 60 second tv spot..why? because it's cheaper..far cheaper to go that route..and given intel still has a pedigree, they get the "intel inside" pedigree added for free on the crossbranding spots to help elevate the product promoted. intel has simply finally got off their lazy butts, come up with some great products..and are understanding what amd did for a long time..give people great product at a great price, and they'll buy it!