Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: Another candidate for the wood chipper..

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/a-689878~Nurse_Guilty_of_Dismembering_Husband.html

I really appreciate the name drop.

The body parts of William McGuire, 39, a computer programmer, were found in matching Kenneth Cole luggage that washed ashore in Virginia in May 2004.

Kenneth Cole Luggage: The Murderer's Choice

Suitable for torso or legs...why struggle....save time and energy with our "wheeled" selections.

http://www.luggagesource.com/IBS/Sim...id/307930.html

Head "separates" available at our catalog....

"Remember when you Dismember... with Kenneth Cole...tote those body parts with style"
    Here's the best part of the whole crime:

"Prosecutors also highlighted Internet searches made from the couple's apartment on topics such as "undetectable poisons" and "ways to kill people."

I mean DUH! It's amazing to me that people can be this stupid. If it were me I'd have a freshly installed hard drive in there with XP on it. I guess they never think anyone will ever think to check the computer.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Or just install Vista. Make the forensics guys really lost in space.

"...computer forensics experts driven to mass suicide....News at 11"

Todays entry for the ripper. I no longer can justify the continued existance.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/todayspaper/index.html

Fire up the wood chipper again....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/30/sc...ase/index.html

How the h*ll can you consider suing the police department for using excessive force to stop you from fleeing them when going speeds exceeding 100 mph? So the cops are the bad guys because you don't want to pull over for them?

Another gem.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...72044120070427

This idiot is so stupid hed probably ask how where the "ON" button was on old ripper.

This guy today. Hes beginning to irritate me. Mr "lets steal someones speech and say I said it". Petty criminal. See ya.[1]

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...is_throat.html

[1]
    Senator Joseph Biden

• Biden was forced to withdraw from the 1988 Democratic Presidential nominations when it was alleged that he had failed a 1965 introductory law school course on legal methodology due to plagiarism. "Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., fighting to salvage his Presidential campaign . . . acknowledged 'a mistake' in his youth, when he plagiarized a law review article for a paper he wrote in his first year at law school. Mr. Biden insisted, however, that he had done nothing 'malevolent,' that he had simply misunderstood the need to cite sources carefully."[33] Biden withdrew from the race September 23, 1987, and reported the law school incident to the Delaware Supreme Court. The court's Board of Professional Responsibility cleared him of any allegations.[34]
    • Biden was also accused of plagiarizing portions of his speeches, and that he had copied several campaign speeches, notably those of British Labour leader Neil Kinnock and Senator Robert F. Kennedy. He denied those charges. "And he asserted that another controversy, concerning recent reports of his using material from others' speeches without attribution, was 'much ado about nothing.'"[35]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 05-01-2007 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 'K- View Post
    Fire up the wood chipper again....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/30/sc...ase/index.html

How the h*ll can you consider suing the police department for using excessive force to stop you from fleeing them when going speeds exceeding 100 mph? So the cops are the bad guys because you don't want to pull over for them?

That's interesting that you post that. I believe SCOTUS just ruled that Police
    are NOT held responsible for injuries to those fleeing in vehicles. I think I
    read about this on the 30th of Apr. I think the case is Scott v Harris.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...&invol=05-1631

The opinion by Justice Scailia..[extremley short version]
    Second, we are loath to lay down a rule requiring the police to allow fleeing suspects to get away whenever they drive so recklessly that they put other people's lives in danger. It is obvious the perverse incentives such a rule would create: Every fleeing motorist would know that escape is within his grasp, if only he accelerates to 90 miles per hour, crosses the double-yellow line a few times, and runs a few red lights. The Constitution assuredly does not impose this invitation to impunity-earned-by-recklessness. Instead, we lay down a more sensible rule: A police officer's attempt to terminate a dangerous high-speed car chase that threatens the lives of innocent bystanders does not violate the Fourth Amendment, even when it places the fleeing motorist at risk of serious injury or death.

The car chase that respondent initiated in this case posed a substantial and immediate risk of serious physical injury to others; no reasonable jury could conclude otherwise. Scott's attempt to terminate the chase by forcing respondent off the road was reasonable, and Scott is entitled to summary judgment. The Court of Appeals' decision to the contrary is reversed.
    Bad guys lose.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 05-01-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Another gem.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...72044120070427

This idiot is so stupid hed probably ask how where the "ON" button was on old ripper.
    Ha, ha..You know Jimz, that's like the scam the Police pull here in SoCal.
    They call those who are on their wanted lists when they can locate them
    and tell em they've won a possible trip or money, etc and in order to
    collect all they have to do is come down to some address. More times
    than not it's a vacant storefront in L.A city. The bad guys see these
    people standing around talking about their "winnings", get excited
    and ask where to go in order to pick up their "rewards"...

As soon as they walk into the room, there's people in there verifying they
    are the "winners" and instead of getting any gifts, they get handcuffs !

I've seen in on TV a number of times, yet the bad guys STILL fall for it.

As Red would say.."Dumba$$" !

Again. Im begging. The New York Times for this nonsense.

NY Times Sees 'Foul' Racial Bias on the Basketball Court

Posted by Clay Waters on May 2, 2007 - 12:56. The New York Times' quest for social justice knows no out-of-bounds, judging by the front-page placement Wednesday of "Study of N.B.A. Sees Racial Bias in Calling Fouls" by sportswriter Alan Schwarz. Years after failing to secure Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor the right to golf at Augusta National Golf Club, the Times has now turned to the plight of multimillionaire NBA players who get bad foul calls.
    "An academic study of the National Basketball Association, whose playoffs continue tonight, suggests that a racial bias found in other parts of American society has existed on the basketball court as well.
    "A coming paper by a University of Pennsylvania professor and a Cornell University graduate student says that, during the 13 seasons from 1991 through 2004, white referees called fouls at a greater rate against black players than against white players.
    As intriguing as the findings may turn out to be, the Times has often embarrassed itself when venturing into the crossroads of social justice and sports -- most recently with its shoddy coverage of the Duke "rape" case. A more amusing instance was the paper's embarrassing and ultimately fruitless crusade against Augusta National Golf Club for not admitting women, led by then-Executive Editor Howell Raines.
    Visit Times Watch for the full story on racism on the court.

Gang way, get the woodchipper ready, we got another lucky winner...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...705030498/1003

^^ Fire up old ripper. Ive heard one two many stories about the "postpartum depression" song and dance. Its become code for "nuts and no real excuse"

I'd like to include the creeps behind this while wounded warriors are suffering
    as well as so many homeless Vets who are again left for bureaucratic cannon fodder.
    http://www.yahoo.com/s/572566

WASHINGTON - Congressional leaders on Thursday demanded that the Veterans Affairs secretary explain hefty bonuses for senior department officials involved in crafting a budget that came up $1 billion short and jeopardized veterans' health care.

Rep. Harry Mitchell (news, bio, voting record), chairman of the House Veterans' Affairs subcommittee on oversight, said he would hold hearings to investigate after The Associated Press reported that budget officials at the Veterans Affairs Department received bonuses ranging up to $33,000.

Sen. Daniel Akaka (news, bio, voting record), who heads the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee, said the payments pointed to an improper "entitlement for the most centrally placed or well-connected staff." He has sent a letter to VA chief Jim Nicholson asking what the department plans to do to eliminate any bonuses based on favoritism.

"These reports point to an apparent gross injustice at the VA that we have a responsibility to investigate," said Mitchell, D-Ariz. "No government official should ever be rewarded for misleading taxpayers, and the VA should not be handing out the most lucrative bonuses in government as veterans are waiting months and months to see a doctor."

One member of the House committee, Rep. Phil Hare (news, bio, voting record), D-Ill., called for Nicholson to resign.

A list obtained by the AP of bonuses to senior career officials in 2006 documents a generous package of more than $3.8 million in payments by a financially strapped agency straining to help care for thousands of injured veterans returning home from
    Iraq and
    Afghanistan.

Among those receiving payments were a deputy assistant secretary and several regional directors who crafted the VA's flawed budget for 2005 based on misleading accounting. They received performance payments up to $33,000 each, a figure equal to about 20 percent of their annual salaries.

Also receiving a top bonus was the deputy undersecretary for benefits, who helps manage a disability claims system that has a backlog of cases and delays averaging 177 days in getting benefits to injured veterans.
    A true disgrace to America's true hero's.

What a mess.^^all that. Im not gonna blame any particular politicians for the state of affairs at the VA. But one really obvious thing sticks in my craw.
    What is a society thinking when we spend what seems like unlimited money to educate illegal immigrants...go thru countless gyrations around language etc...and penny pinch on guys that have served?
    Whats up with that?
    What was the statistic I read at another thread today? 600 a month per student? [I think it was a Dutchcedar post]
    VA costs should be figured like social security. They come first.
    Let the other stuff fight over the remaining pie.
    And ALL jobs at the entire VA should be slanted toward vets. Preference to vets.
    Its what any smart country does with its returning soldiers. Get them involved and
    working.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 05-03-2007 at 07:31 PM.