Thumbs down HELP - Vista crashing on boot

Hi ALL,

Just bought a new pc and things are not going as well as I thought.

Have installed Vista Ultimate and done the updates from Microsoft. When I restart, all goes well. When I turn the pc off and then on again, during the boot part of the startup, just before that green lined boot indicator the pc gets a bsod. But its is so quick I can't figure out whats causing the problem. I have activated the boot log option to see the boot file, but there is nothing there that might even show whats going on.

HELP... PLEASE !!!
    Ice2Fire

I'll be damned if I can't figure it out!!!

Hemet, California (Mandatory age 65 + area, like Palm Springs)

Re: HELP - Vista crashing on boot

Have you tried the MS site for bsod errors? Vista is still so new that I haven't seen a list of errors for it yet any way to get the bsod screen to freez so you can see the error message ? There is a way to do it with Win XP but I don't know if the same method would work with vista.
    Best to start with google and try to find a way to freeze the screen to read the error message. You can always call M$ and ask them if you have them as a support option. I'll see what I can come up with as far as getting Vista to stop at the error

I would star here there appears to be relevant information for you at this url http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php
    Good luck, according to the site your problem has a high likelyhood of being hardware related
    Last edited by howieh60; 04-10-2007 at 10:12 AM. Reason: more info

Re: HELP - Vista crashing on boot

What USB devices you have plugged in?
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!