View Poll Results: How many continents are there?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8+

1 3.33%

17 56.67%

6 20.00%

1 3.33%

1 3.33%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%
  • I don't believe in geography

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many continents are there?

And what are their names? I'll post my answer later after others have responded.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Re: How many continents are there?

Seven:

North America
    South America
    Europe
    Africa
    Asia
    Australia
    Antarctica

7?

North America
    South America
    Europe/Asia
    Africa
    Greenland
    Australia
    Antartica
    Brian

I second Big B-man's answer and that's what they taught us in school back in the 70s. Greenland was considered an island, albeit an extremely large one. I've wondered occasionally who set the boundary between island and continent and what that person had against Greenland (or why they were so enamored with Australia). As for Europe and Asia, I don't recall it ever being explained why they are two rather than one and always assumed it was a tectonic plate sorta thing.

Geologically speaking there is six.

Africa
    Antarctica
    Australia
    Eurasia
    North America
    South America.

Come on, only six votes?
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

I don't believe in geography :d

wich politician didnt know?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

one: Pangea. You never specified a point in time So I picked for my self.
    "The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church"[Ferdinand Magellan]
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." [Albert Einstein]
    "With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."[Physicist and Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg]

north america
    south america
    asia
    africa
    antartica

uhh can't think of the rest. I am horrible at geography btw.

Depends if you count Europe as a separate continent or not I suppose. It's really just a peninsula off Asia. Same with North & South America. Are they one or two continents?

It depends on the interpretation and use of the word "continent". Your question is pretty broad so I'm going to say there's an undefined (or perhaps infinite) number of continents.

What's next? How many planets are in our solar system? Planets, like continents, come down to a definition of what comprises a continent. Obviously that definition for planets is not fixed and I suspect there is not universal agreement on what constitutes a continent.

Vote six. Eurasia mofo. I came up with the same list as Tucker without cheating.

If I remember correctly EUrope and Asia are seperate continents, Eurasia is used to refer to the reigon near the continental border (like Turkey)

And no Greenland is NOT a continent.

It's North and South America, Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Afirca, and Europe

And yes Australia is a continent
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia

I'm assuming this is in response to those who bash politicians for incorrectly answering grade school level questions.

And although most of us answered the correct amount; I'm the only one who correctly named all 7 after 14 posts.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 04-12-2007 at 12:35 PM.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

It's actually just a test of biases and different methods of education.

Geographically I identify four continents:

Eurasica, America, Australia, and Antarctica.

As said above, though, there's not really any good, set definition for what a "continent" really is.