Playoffs are underway...yawn!

Check out the rough part and best part of the game...lots o footage:

http://www.hockeyfighters.com

Re: Hockey Fights!

Yawn!?!?! Your home team must suck....

^No kidding, GO SHARKS!!!
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Yeah, the Blackhawks are my team...not much fighting like the old days and, oh yeah, MIA in the playoffs AGAIN!

Does suck that there isn't as much fighting, I will agree there. They are actually talking of banning it from the game altogether. Apparently they think the fans want it that way. Crazy talk if you ask me.

If they take fighting out, the dirty penalties are going to go up. And guys are going to get hurt. I like hockey for a lot of reasons, few things in sports cause me to cheer more than a Thorton/Cheechoo power play. But I love me a good fight. There's something about 2 guys on skates throwing haymakers at each other .
    My Heatware

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

I'll say one thing they definitely need to eliminate completely is the hitting from behind. It seems like it is happening a lot lately, and I just don't understand why the NHL continues to tolerate it.

LOL...sorry, I read that as "hitting it from behind."

Maybe I’m just an old school fan but the fights today just don’t have the same punch (Pun intended)

I remember the glory days of the Kings, way before Gretzky showed up. I remember people trying to give away tickets outside the forum because they couldn’t scalp them. I remember the cheep beer and the shouts of “TIGER…. TIGER….TIGER”

David James "Tiger" Williams

Career highs
    Most goals: 35 in 1980-81
    Most assists: 31 in 1977-78
    Most points: 62 in 1980-81
    Most penalty minutes one season: 358 in 1986-87
    Most NHL regular season career penalty minutes: 3,966
    Most NHL playoff season career penalty minutes: 455
    Most NHL penalty minutes, career, including playoffs: 4,421
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870