Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Re: The Senate's "Grand Bargain" [Immigration Debate]

McCain getting pounded in town hall meetings by constituents for his immigration proposals.

http://news.yahoo.com/mccain-defends...004915369.html

^^^We need a caption contest for that photo.

My first submission: "I built this!" by John McCain.

Its back.

I was reading this piece and got to wondering... if 47% of our citizens don't pay federal income tax because they're in the lower half of the income scale, how are our politicians expecting to squeeze "back taxes" out of new people who are likely to be in the lower half of the income scale? Heck, with the proper tax credits, the IRS might have to pay them money. I'd wager that IF they could collect all of the back taxes from all of the illegal immigrants, they'd be lucky to cover the costs of a week in Vail for Moochelle and the girls.

Its pretty clear that once again we're going to end up with some cobbled together "grand bargain" that's full of fancy do nothing rhetoric and lot of hidden hose the populace junk.

It seems as if once again, our politicians will put jobs and the economy on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    . . .

It seems as if once again, our politicians will put jobs and the economy on the back burner.

Because that's hard reality they have no clue how to handle and have no more $$$ freebies to throw to keep the masses placated. Instead it's the gay immigrant assault soda agenda. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

&

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Marco, I really, really want to like you. But I'm getting the sense you're as full of double speak and bulldung as Barrack.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...013/rubio.html

Another agenda that relies on distortion, misinformation and outright lies... no thanks.

My favorite:

The bill clearly states that DHS has five years to meet the 90% apprehension rate with "persistent" awareness, and if they don't, a Border Commission will be created. The bill also clearly states who determines whether or not DHS has met the standard - the Secretary of Homeland Security. That's right, the Secretary of Homeland Security gets to decide whether his/her department has followed the law, and if not, it forfeits control to a Border Commission.
    What could possibly go wrong?

And if not, commission!!! Awesome.

Imagine the IRS allowing us to conduct our own audits.

^^^Scooter, you're posting the wrong charts trying to make it look like BO's "recovery" isn't working. I'll bet I could find charts showing people living off of the government one way or another to be skyrocketing, both in "participation" and "income".

Marco, I really, really want to like you. But I'm getting the sense you're as full of double speak and bulldung as Barrack.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...013/rubio.html

Another agenda that relies on distortion, misinformation and outright lies... no thanks.

My favorite:

What could possibly go wrong?

And if not, commission!!! Awesome.

It makes me wonder what's changed since 5/2007 when this thread started to make things different. My guess in an additional 6 years of intensive politically correct dumb down and indoctrination.

You're right about Marco I dumped his stock when he got involved with the Gang of whatever. I dumped Christie's stock when he did photo ops with Obama after the hurricane. I'm real close to dumping my Rand Paul stock too. I wonder who is next... I had moderately high hopes for all 3 but it looks to me like they've gone over to the dark side of Washington politics.
    Last edited by tucker; 04-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    ^^^Scooter, you're posting the wrong charts trying to make it look like BO's "recovery" isn't working. I'll bet I could find charts showing people living off of the government one way or another to be skyrocketing, both in "participation" and "income".

Thune: Food stamp participation has increased at 10 times the rate of job creation under Obama

Thune and Stutzman said their “Streamlining the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Act” would eliminate waste, fraud, and abuse and close loopholes in a program that, under President Obama, has seen participation increase from 32 million to 47.8 million people and spending double to $80 billion in fiscal year 2012.

“Since President Obama came into office, SNAP participation has increased at 10 times the rate of job creation, the annual spending on SNAP has doubled, and one in seven Americans now participates in SNAP,” Thune said in a statement.. . .

I'm sorry... you were saying?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Its ok, he might just need some water
    Talk about a libertarian's wet dream eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    It makes me wonder what's changed since 5/2007 when this thread started to make things different. My guess in an additional 6 years of intensive politically correct dumb down and indoctrination.
    The faces are different but the game stays the game.

You're right about Marco I dumped his stock when he got involved with the Gang of whatever. I dumped Christie's stock when he did photo ops with Obama after the hurricane. I'm real close to dumping my Rand Paul stock too. I wonder who is next... I had moderately high hopes for all 3 but it looks to me like they've gone over to the dark side of Washington politics.
    I love it when the big election is over and you REALLY conservative guys can get back to your ideological purity contests. We all get to watch you guys try and pretend you weren't sucking on Mitt Romney's pecker for the last year. It's high comedy.

But to paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld, you don't go to an election with the politician you want, you go to an election with the politician you have hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I love it when the big election is over and you REALLY conservative guys can get back to your ideological purity contests. We all get to watch you guys try and pretend you weren't sucking on Mitt Romney's pecker for the last year. It's high comedy.

But to paraphrase Donald Rumsfeld, you don't go to an election with the politician you want, you go to an election with the politician you have hehe.

I retain my conservative ideological purity year around 27/7. I criticized Romney and the republican RINO leadership for the beginning of the republican primaries thru Election Day. All of the republicancandidates were losers from the very start. The RINOs keep trying to move left thinking they will out left the democrats. It just ain’t going to happen period. The only chance republicans have is moving right and staying there.

Donald Rumsfeld never was one of my favorites and what he may or may not have said is of little consequence to me.

Before you start talking about ideological purity you better take a good look at the democrats, the far-left and their communist Christ Child…

I’m the designated spokesman for Goldwater conservatives, all 5 of them…
    Last edited by tucker; 04-22-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

Hope and Change! Hope and Change!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    This is clever. A response acknowledging support for Romney and sucking a pecker is not one I'm able to do.

You wanna know a secret?

Since the California thread got me fired up about unions...

Democrats don't want a solution to immigration because Big Labor is against it. The AFL-CIO and all their little teet suckers under that umbrella organization are deathly afraid of cheap brown labor. Unions are the biggest Democratic special interest. Dems have dragged their feet on immigration for years. Why didn't they force immigration reform through in 2009-2011 when they had control of everything and rammed through ObamaCare and Dodd-Frank? Dems have done nothing on immigration and let Republicans get all the heat for being "anti-Hispanic" and the immigration status quo not changing.

This is clever. A response acknowledging support for Romney and sucking a pecker is not one I'm able to do.
    They are one in the same, grasshopper