Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

The Senate's "Grand Bargain" [Immigration Debate]

I like the way this is going....NOT !
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...007-05-08.html

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) announced Tuesday that after numerous closed-door meetings, his immigration group has come to a “grand bargain” that stresses the need to secure the country’s borders.

“We have come to an agreement on what we call a ‘grand bargain,’ which is the outline of an immigration bill,” Specter said on the Senate floor. “There is no doubt that we want to secure the border and stop illegal immigration as the first item.”

Specter said the “grand bargain” would include funding for fencing along the border and would send an additional 6,000 agents to the border, bringing the total to 12,000.

The bill will also mandate strong employer sanctions against employing illegal immigrants, as a way to shift the focus toward identifying illegal immigrants residing in the U.S.

The senator added that the group has decided to put discussion of a guest-worker program on hold until steps are taken to secure the borders. The committee is “rejecting the idea of amnesty for the 11 million undocumented immigrants,” he said.

“We are trying to structure a temporary-worker program that is temporary,” he added. But he said that illegal immigrants would be given a pathway to citizenship that includes paying back taxes, learning English and providing an extensive work history in the U.S.
    There they go again ! Giving breaks to FEDERAL LAWBREAKERS !

Re: The Senate's "Grand Bargin"

What I want to know is why it seems to be so easy for illegal immigrants to get jobs. I think that's where the real problem lies. Every time I've gotten offered a job I had to give two kinds of proof that I can legally work here.
    -soplcod

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    What I want to know is why it seems to be so easy for illegal immigrants to get jobs. I think that's where the real problem lies. Every time I've gotten offered a job I had to give two kinds of proof that I can legally work here.
    That's very simple. They are extremely cheap.
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx

Here is what I want to know - when my company did a job at Fanniemae - a data center upgrade -every day we had to show ID to gain access , then the general contractor came in with his painters and laborers and all they had to show were company IDs with a picture
    WTF - they were all hispanic but If I have to show state ID and I'm white US stock , why do they get away with a friggen ID I could make at home ?
    "Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect;
    a haphazardly selective memory;
    a set of preconceptions and assumptions
    so numerous that I can never examine more
    than a minority of them-never become conscious
    of them all.
    How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?"

I'm white US stock
    Need you say more?

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    Most of the businesses they hire onto are small businesses. The prospective employee provides a social security number, and the small business sends it up to the IRS. The IRS will usually not tell the small business that the SSN is bogus for up to 9 months... by which time the worker is gone.

And working for another small business.

Now, the employer can call the Police, but most cities won't bother with the call. They could call ICE, but they won't even look into a single person problem. If the employer calls in often enough, the EMPLOYER will get hassled for hiring too many possible illegals.

You are the employer: Do you make a fuss again?!?

I think the ID thing is a tacit admission by Fanniemae that the work YOU were doing was being done by skilled workers, and could cause a problem if you decided to mess with the files... while the other workers had little access to the files, and hey, if you hassle with all the big ID checks, nobody will paint the walls.

Oddly, everytime the Feds raid a meat-cutting plant or something, the resulting job openings go a long way towards cutting down on local unemployment. Political leaders should be begging for a raid in their own districts...

say u ask 10$ an hour to deliver pizza but the poor mehican dude is coo lwith 5..whos gonna get the job? hell, if i were the employer id have a hard time choosing

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Need you say more?
    Forgive me I got carried away , I am not racist but am anti illeagle
    "Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect;
    a haphazardly selective memory;
    a set of preconceptions and assumptions
    so numerous that I can never examine more
    than a minority of them-never become conscious
    of them all.
    How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?"

Quote Originally Posted by william tell View Post
    we all were immigrants, more or less legal. first white dudes came illegally and took the redman's land. so..ahem

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by william tell View Post
    Oh I agree with you. its obvious what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    we all were immigrants, more or less legal. first white dudes came illegally and took the redman's land. so..ahem
    you can replace "red man" with all kinds of labels the strong rule the weak.Its how it is then and now!Is that right? depends on what the strong thinks is right in all reality.

you can replace "red man" with all kinds of labels the strong rule the weak.Its how it is then and now!Is that right? depends on what the strong thinks is right in all reality.
    nyone else?

of no board

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Hmmm.... does that mean that those XX Million illegal aliens who are getting all of the good jobs and not being prosecuted for their crimes... are now the STRONG, and should get to rule?

Just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Hmmm.... does that mean that those XX Million illegal aliens who are getting all of the good jobs and not being prosecuted for their crimes... are now the STRONG, and should get to rule?

Just askin'.
    what good jobs> lol
    usually illegal alens fill the lower end jobs , where dont ask dont tell works quite well i was illegal in italy for a while lol, still werked when not going to school u think ppl ask the delivery dude if hes legal or not? hah

of no board

Quote Originally Posted by Fluff n Stuff View Post
    Most of the businesses they hire onto are small businesses. The prospective employee provides a social security number, and the small business sends it up to the IRS. The IRS will usually not tell the small business that the SSN is bogus for up to 9 months... by which time the worker is gone.

And working for another small business.

Now, the employer can call the Police, but most cities won't bother with the call. They could call ICE, but they won't even look into a single person problem. If the employer calls in often enough, the EMPLOYER will get hassled for hiring too many possible illegals.

You are the employer: Do you make a fuss again?!?

Oddly, everytime the Feds raid a meat-cutting plant or something, the resulting job openings go a long way towards cutting down on local unemployment. Political leaders should be begging for a raid in their own districts...
    That's some interesting info, but it only reinforces my opinion that if the powers that be were really serious about cracking down on illegal immigration, the opportunity is there.
    -soplcod