Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Re: The Senate's "Grand Bargin" [Immigration Debate]

To back it up a bit...

I see one of the problems here with illegal immigrants is the separation of families if the illegal members are deported.

Why in the hell are the children of people here illegally granted citizenship? Remove that little quirk and deport them all. Men, women, and children.
    Nuke em'.

^^ Exactly !!

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

You know what would be fun... is the idea that the House should insist on an additional point to the bill: That the Federal Government will cut off all funds to Cities, States, Counties, etc, that pass laws making their precincts a 'Sanctuary' for illegal immigrants. Something along the lines of "Any municipality that encourages the breaking of Federal Law or advertises through legislation or Executive Order the intent to not uphold the Law..." will lose all current and future Federal Funding.

Ta-Da... no more idiotic Mayors encouraging Illegal Aliens to work in their cities 'nStuff.

From Redstate:
    Multiple Senate sources tell RedState that there is no actual immigration bill.

Contrary to earlier reports originating with Senator Kennedy, no bill presently exists and probably won't until tomorrow at the earliest. The lawyers are still behind closed doors putting it together.

Most troubling, Senate sources tell RedState that the bill probably will not be online in its final form until *after* the Senate has voted on it.
    That last one is real disturbing. Our Senate is willing to walk away from Iraq "because that's what the people want", but here they're about to commit us to a $2.5 trillion escapade... behind closed doors with no conversation whatsoever. I'm back to not voting for any incumbant Congress goofs.

Another thing bugs me... I've heard a few of these goofs make the claim that this is the "last opportunity to reach a consensus on 'immigration'". Why is that? They seem so able to vote on all kinds of whimsical protest votes and other vapid malarky, but for some reason, nippin' at the illegal immigrantion is somehow or another an all or nothing deal.

This thing is so easily separated into components and is so much easier to understand than the other junk these goofs do, I just don't get it. There is nothing difficult about separating this problem into components.

Also... a number is floating around... that the average annual cost of an illegal immigrant to the taxpayers in the US is about $16,000 to $19,000. Gulp.

My favorite so far:

Ted Kennedy on Immigration [Mark Krikorian]

1965: "The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs."

1986: "This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

2007: "Now it is time for action. 2007 is the year we must fix our broken system."

05/18 01:02 AM
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 05-18-2007 at 09:51 AM.

^^^ So we can expect another such comment in 2028?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    To back it up a bit...

I see one of the problems here with illegal immigrants is the separation of families if the illegal members are deported.

Why in the hell are the children of people here illegally granted citizenship? Remove that little quirk and deport them all. Men, women, and children.
    This approach is just not practical. How would you go about deporting what, 2 or 3 million people, right now, people who don't want to leave?

How many illegal immigrants say that they'll do whatever they need to to stay here, because they make so much money compared to their home country? I still say the solution is to crack down on employers that pay illegal immigrants with real US dollars. When illegal immigrants have no reason to be here, they'll leave... or go through the citizenship process.

Maybe that is more impractical than it seems, but it's got to be better than deporting millions of people, no?
    -soplcod

^^^ Ya borrow some busses from New Orleans.

One busload at a time.

And its not like you have to round people up to prove if its possible or not... more than a thousand busloads are sitting in our jails this morning. Let's at least try deporting that group before jumping to the conclusion that its "impossible". Remember... average cost to taxpayers of $16,000 to $19,000 per year to do nothing about one illegal immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Ya borrow some busses from New Orleans.

One busload at a time.

And its not like you have to round people up to prove if its possible or not... more than a thousand busloads are sitting in our jails this morning. Let's at least try deporting that group before jumping to the conclusion that its "impossible". Remember... average cost to taxpayers of $16,000 to $19,000 per year to do nothing about one illegal immigrant.
    ^^EXACTLY! The pro amnesty crowd is always flogging the "how do you round up 12 million illegals?" bit. Then follow up with the usual "gestappo door to door search" scare tactic BS. It's a whole lot easier then they make it sound.

1) SECURE THE BORDER!.. beef the hell out of INS so they can handle the load. No more catch and release.
    2) Empty the illegals out of the jails.
    3) Make it mandatory for peace officers to report illegals to the INS... no more catch and release.
    4) DO not extend social services to illegals. Do not allow illegals to get drivers licenses or ID cards. Make it mandatory for financial institution's to require valid ID's.
    5) Fine the hell out of any business who hires illegals.

If they cannot find work and can no longer use our social services for free they will get the message and stop coming. As for the breaking up of families... tough sh*t, you broke the law..... there are consequences. Try applying legally next time.

My2c.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Thompson today With an audio link.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...E4MjE3ZmY1OTY=

No matter how much lipstick Washington tries to slap onto this legislative pig, it’s not going to win any beauty contests. In fact, given Congress’s track record, the bill will probably get a lot uglier — at least from the public’s point of view. And agreeing to policies before actually seeing what the policies are is a heck of a way to do business.

We should scrap this “comprehensive” immigration bill and the whole debate until the government can show the American people that we have secured the borders — or at least made great headway. That would give proponents of the bill a chance to explain why putting illegals in a more favorable position than those who play by the rules is not really amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by sopclod View Post
    This approach is just not practical. How would you go about deporting what, 2 or 3 million people, right now, people who don't want to leave?

How many illegal immigrants say that they'll do whatever they need to to stay here, because they make so much money compared to their home country? I still say the solution is to crack down on employers that pay illegal immigrants with real US dollars. When illegal immigrants have no reason to be here, they'll leave... or go through the citizenship process.

Maybe that is more impractical than it seems, but it's got to be better than deporting millions of people, no?
    It's either that, or we invade Mexico with the military and control BOTH sides of the border. Now that would be impractical.

If this sorta immigration thing keeps up...boy is the grocery store gonna be one f'd up place. You're gonna have the cashier, bagger, and customer all speaking different languages. NONE of them English.

I'm sorry, I guess I don't feel the whole "land of opportunity" thing anymore. Close the borders, make these people fix their shit in their homeland - we've got enough problems already.
    Nuke em'.

Now now Scooter, Nate, sopcloud, Dutch, Jimz. It's this sort of common sense thinking of your's that'll kill any chance of any of you ever being a politician. Isn't it uncanny how 5 average Joes on a computer forum can figure out where the problems lie with illegal immigration and how to fix them yet our highly intelligent leaders don't have any idea what to do, even after 20-30 years of trying to fix it? If I had bosses like Ted Kennedy and George Bush I'd be looking for another job as I know the company would be going out of business, and soon.

The quotes above that Jimz posted of Ted Kennedy's are incredible to me. Here's a man that's been screwing the country for longer than I've even been alive. The most amazing part? He's STILL a congressman even after all of the outright lies! I guess we really shouldn't expect anything else from a murderer though.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

maybe tehres a need for liars too?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Press Briefing on Immigration Reform

Q If you're a law-abiding illegal worker in this country, you pay $1,000 and work here for eight more years —

SECRETARY CHERTOFF: Correct. And you actually could work further than that. You don't have to get a green card.

SECRETARY GUTIERREZ: Did you say law-abiding legal?

Q Illegal.

Q Because we're not —

Q Law-abiding illegal — law-abiding —

SECRETARY GUTIERREZ: They will be legal.

Q It starts to sound like amnesty, is what I'm getting at. It's an eight-year, nine-year amnesty program. And then at the end of that, you've got to go, assuming you can find them at the workplace. Is that how it works?
    "If you are a law-abiding illegal worker....."

Here are a few more that make as much sense you dillholes...

"If you are a law-abiding illegal rapist....."
    "If you are a law-abiding illegal serial killer....."
    "If you are a law-abiding illegal bank robber....."

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    To back it up a bit...

I believe the term most often used is "anchor-babies"

Its a friggin sham. The only way your child born in the US should be an American citizen is if you are legally here when you give birth. You don't even have to be a citizen....a work visa or green card would be fine with me. But if you cannot demonstrate you are here legally, well then congratulations on your new baby and here is the van to take you and your new demon spawn back to your own friggin country.

It just cracks me up.....if ever there was a cause that the dems and the repubs could see eye to eye on it is this one....and our leaders are just f$&*king it all up as usual.
    Last edited by BlackDragon24; 05-18-2007 at 03:46 PM.