Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Re: The Senate's "Grand Bargain" [Immigration Debate]

Build the fence...

Or become Maywood...

Welcome to Maywood, Mexico

Boasting a population that is 97% Hispanic, more than half foreign born, and 40% illegal, the Los Angeles County, Calif., incorporated city of Maywood has achieved the Reconquista goal. It is now as lawless and chaotic as any place in Mexico. Maywood is a warning to every city and town in America.

The Maywood City Council announced this week that after years of radical policies, corruption and scandal, the city was broke and all city employees would be laid off and essential city services contracted out to neighboring cities or to L.A. County government.

How did this happen? Until recently, Maywood was the model for "brown power" politics.

Maywood was the first California city with an elected Hispanic City Council, one of the first "sanctuary" cities for illegal aliens, the first city to pass a resolution calling for a boycott of Arizona after that state passed a law to enforce federal immigration laws, the first California city to order its police department not to enforce state laws requiring drivers to have licenses to drive, the first American city to call on Congress to grant amnesty to all illegals.

Council meetings were conducted in Spanish. Maywood was the leader in the peaceful, democratic achievement of the La Raza goal to take power in the U.S.

The City of Maywood started out quite differently. Back after World War II, Maywood was a booming blue-collar town with good jobs, a multi-ethnic suburb of Los Angeles.

On the 25th anniversary in 1949 of Maywood's incorporation as a city, the town celebrated with a beard-growing contest, a rodeo, and wrestling matches in City Park. Chrysler operated an assembly plant there until 1971.

But the early 1970s saw these industrial jobs in aerospace, auto and furniture manufacturing, and food processing evaporate under the pressure of higher taxes, increased local and state regulation, and the attraction of cheaper land and cheaper labor elsewhere.

The multi-ethnic Maywood of the post-war years was transformed in the ’80s and ’90s by wave after wave of Hispanic immigrants, many of them illegal.

In August 2006, a "Save Our State" anti-illegal immigration rally in Maywood drew hundreds of protesters—but a larger number of defenders of illegal immigration. The pro-illegal protesters carried signs which read "We are Indigenous ! The ONLY owners of this Continent!" and "Racist Pilgrims Go Home" and "All Europeans are Illegal Here."

According to newspaper reports at the time, objectors to illegal aliens were subject to physical attacks. A 70-year-old man was "slashed," a woman attacked, and cars vandalized. Pro-illegal demonstrators raised the Mexican flag at the U.S. Post Office.

The illegal population and their sympathizers became increasingly radicalized. Elections to the City Council saw "assimilationist" incumbent Hispanic council members ousted by La Raza supporting radical challengers.

For years, the Maywood City Council authorized police checkpoints to stop drunk driving. Drivers without licenses had their cars impounded. Illegals in California cannot get drivers licenses. By 2005, the number of such impounds were in the hundreds. A community campaign was launched forcing the City Council to suspend the checkpoints.

Cars were still being impounded whenever a police traffic-violation stop resulted in a driver without a license. Felipe Aguirre, a community activist with Comite Pro-Uno, an "immigration service center," coordinated a new campaign against any impounds. He was elected in 2005 to the City Council. He is the mayor of Maywood today.

Aguirre and a new majority of the council dismantled the Traffic Department. Illegals were given overnight-parking permits and impounds stopped. You didn't need a license to drive in Maywood. The Los Angeles Times wrote glowingly of this "progress" in a story entitled "Welcome to Maywood, Where Roads Open Up For Immigrants".

The Maywood Police Department was restructured by the new council. A new chief and new officers were hired. Later it turned out that many of the new officers had previously been fired from other law enforcement agencies for a variety of infractions. The Maywood P.D. was known as the "Department of Second Chances."

Among those hired was a former L.A. Sheriff's deputy terminated for abusing jail inmates; a former LAPD officer fired for intimidating a witness; and an ex-Huntington Park officer charged with negligently discharging a handgun and driving drunk.

Even the L.A. Times called the Maywood Police Department a "haven for misfit cops." Their story alleged that a veteran officer was extorting sex from relatives of a criminal fugitive; that another officer tried to run over the president of the Maywood Police Commission; and that another officer has impregnated a teenage police-explorer scout.

Charges of corruption and favoritism led to one recall of city council members and threats of more recalls are heard to this day.

Maywood is represented in the state Senate by Democrat "One Bill" Gil Cedillo. He earned the nickname by introducing every year in the state legislature a bill to grant drivers licenses to illegals. Maywood is represented in Congress by Democrat Lucille Roybal-Allard, a staunch advocate of amnesty for illegals.

Today, Maywood is broke. Its police department dismantled along with all other city departments and personnel. Only the city council remains and a city manager to manage the contracts with other agencies for city services in Maywood.

Maywood is the warning of what happens when illegal immigrants, resisting assimilation as Americans, bring with their growing numbers the corruption and the radical politics of their home countries. Add the radical home-grown anti-Americanism of Hispanic "leaders" and groups like La Raza and you get schools where learning is replaced with indoctrination, business and jobs replaced by welfare and gangs, and a poisonous stew of entitlement politics.

In too many American communities, this sad tale is all too familiar.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Ya.. they are serious about securing the border... really...

Obama WH to illegals: We’ll help you get paid fairly

Via FoxNation, behold the most tone-deaf public-service announcement — yet — from the Obama administration. The US government occasionally conducts raids on employers who hire illegal immigrants as workers, even during Barack Obama’s term of office. Now suddenly Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis has established a hotline number, not for people to tip the government to employers breaking the law, but to act as an agent for illegals to make sure they get paid “fairly”:

Does it occur to the White House at all that “undocumented” workers are breaking the law themselves? They shouldn’t be exploited, but then again, they shouldn’t be here to be exploited, either. At the same time that the Obama administration contemplates a lawsuit against Arizona to stop them from enforcing immigration law, they’re working on a program that supports the people breaking that law, all while unemployment continues at a high rate long after their stimulus plans have run aground. Instead of enforcing the law – which is, after all, the raison d’être of the executive branch — they’re conspiring to help people break it, and with our tax dollars, no less.

Of course, this could be an elaborate ruse to find new sites to raid. The political fallout from that would be fun to watch, but alas, it seems that despite the cheesy graphics and extraordinarily bad concept, Obama and his team are serious about helping illegal immigrants get paid more for their work.

Update: Stephen Gutowski reports that this is a work-around for a Supreme Court decision that ruled that illegal immigrants don’t have standing to fight wage issues:

Basically they know that they’re violating the intention of the supreme court’s ruling in Hoffman Plastics but they don’t give a damn. They throw up the weak argument the ruling only applied to the specific law that was addressed in the case. However, I think the court is clearly saying that the government can’t force employers to pay wages that couldn’t have been legally earned in the first place.

This all makes me wonder if Obama’s DOL is going to make sure that drug dealers are paid a “fair” wage by the gangs that employ them? I mean is that not the same situation? An employer which knowingly illegally employs someone and exploits them?

Will Obama’s DOL make sure all people illegally employed are paid a “fair” wage or just the ones whose political cause they support? And even if they do try to help all people employed illegally does that make it any better? How can anybody justify any of this as a good idea?
    The only interest that the government should have is enforcing the border and immigration laws.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Change u can believe in. Fences don't work so instead we'll emulate the French and simply conceded control of our territory without a fight. Smart power at w3rk...

It Begins… Obama Gives Major Swath of Arizona Back to Mexico (Video)
    Where's the deed? Oh, I get it now. and about the sign,

Read the sign...does it say off limits, Umm...no....
    Again....sure it would be nice if you did not have to be careful, but hey, there are areas in california, kentucky, and other states where you are taking your life into your own hands if you venture by accident into say a pot field.....or a still.....or a meth lab..

These lands were ceded just in the last 18 months huh? My guess is it's been happening for at least 30 years.
    Last edited by liteman; 07-01-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

^^^ Hey yeah. Since there's other dangerous places, its all good.

Brilliant!!!

Guess what? There have been other oil spills, so what's the big deal there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Hey yeah. Since there's other dangerous places, its all good.

Brilliant!!!

Guess what? There have been other oil spills, so what's the big deal there?

These lands were ceded just in the last 18 months huh? My guess is it's been happening for at least 30 years.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Show me a 50 foot wall I'll show you a 51 foot ladder not to mention most come in with legal visa's and simply overstay visa. By plane, by car, by ship doesn't matter we let people visit USA and some stay.

The whole fence idea is a canard to get people on board with amnesty it won't stop anyone but fools think it will.

The only thing that will stem the tide is repatriation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation

And locking up those who cheat labor laws and tax code and hire illegal labor.

The bleeding hearts will never do Repatriation and the Chamber of Commerce/banks/small businesses running slave ships won't allow their masters to be locked up.

In summation dream on boy and girls. They are here to stay.

- Thomas Jefferson

actually, a bunch of razor wire and a moat, along with various motion detection devices would work quite well. and the construction would give thousands, if not millions of people jobs.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    Show me a 50 foot wall I'll show you a 51 foot ladder not to mention most come in with legal visa's and simply overstay visa. By plane, by car, by ship doesn't matter we let people visit USA and some stay.

The whole fence idea is a canard to get people on board with amnesty it won't stop anyone but fools think it will.
    Israel.

San Diego.

Wherever there's a [good] fence on the border.

And I'd like to see your 51 foot ladder. Heck, eight feet is too high for me these days.

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

Actually, no. These lands are hot, dry, and very difficult to cross. People die out there daily in the attempt. It's only become used by anybody other than Drug Runners in the last few years, since the Wall went up in San Diego area.

Then why is Mexico so upset at the idea of us building one? If it wasn't going to stop anybody, the Mexican authorities would be applauding it, and getting paid to build it.

The only thing that will stem the tide is repatriation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Repatriation
    A good issue. One not really involved in this debate, but a good issue. If it went down like the Wiki article says it did, then something needs to be addressed. But I highly doubt that the folks crossing the Arizona desert are the same folks involved in that article... or their descendants.

And locking up those who cheat labor laws and tax code and hire illegal labor.
    We actually had a decent program in place doing just that... until the current administration found out about it and put a stop to it. I'd support it's rebirth.

The bleeding hearts will never do Repatriation and the Chamber of Commerce/banks/small businesses running slave ships won't allow their masters to be locked up.
    Actually, competition makes it likely that small businesses who AREN'T hiring illegal employees would welcome raids again.

In summation dream on boy and girls. They are here to stay.
    Again, no... as we are seeing in Arizona, we don't have to deport most of the folks who are in the US to work illegally. We just remove their ability to work without proper papers, remove their social nets, and stop granting Citizenship to the children of those who came here without getting in line behind the millions who ARE trying to follow the laws... and they will leave of their own accord. In droves so large that Mexico is complaining of them coming home!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Israel.

San Diego.

Wherever there's a [good] fence on the border.

And I'd like to see your 51 foot ladder. Heck, eight feet is too high for me these days.
    Again, walls work. Not perfectly, unless you have a patrolled wall, but they do work, quite well. The BERLIN wall was built to keep the people in East Germany... it worked very well. Our Border wall isn't needed to keep people IN, though... but to keep criminals OUT. Build it. It will work.

Congressman Pete Stark (D-Calif.) leaves Glenn Beck speechless for once:

Of course if the Administration says the border is secure then it must be secure.

Shootout At El Paso City Hall

"El Paso's City Hall found itself in a war zone as gunfire from the Mexican side from either traffickers or the Mexican lawmen trying to fight them pocked the edifice. News reports said as many as seven bullets hit the building. No one was hit — this time."

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...obref=outbrain
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Fluff n Stuff is offline ♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♪

No, no... that was Pete STARK who said the Borders are secure. Obama admits they are not secure, he's just suing any States that try to do anything about it 'nStuff.

I voted "yes" now it is your turn to vote

Here is your chance to, at least silently, vent. MSNBC has been viciously critical of conservative Americans and conservative causes.

They have an online poll asking if Arizona 's immigration law should be on the book.

I FOR ONE THINK MSNBC will be shocked at America 's response...

If you don't do anything else today, please answer this MSNBC Poll question. The silent majority must not be silent on this one.

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_ques...al-immigration

Quote Originally Posted by liteman
    Show me a 50 foot wall I'll show you a 51 foot ladder
    You expect them to jump down from the top of the wall?

^^^ Hehe... an interesting way to think about that one.