Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

D-Link DGL4300 108Mbps GamerLounge Wireless $79.99 free ship.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4315795

D-Link DGL4300 108Mbps GamerLounge Wireless -G Gaming Router; 4-Port Gigabit Switch!
    D-Link:
    FRYS.com #: 4315795

D-Link introduces the performance-driven Wireless 108G Gaming Router powered by GameFuel Priority technology designed to provide a seamless user experience for online gaming, multimedia streaming, and VoIP applications.

* Up to 108Mbps* 802.11g Wireless Connectivity
    * Reduced Latency and Intelligent Traffic Management with GameFuel-Priority Technology -Ideal for Multitasking Between Applications
    * Ideal Solution for Small LAN Parties with Blazing Fast Gigabit Ethernet LAN Ports, High-Powered Wireless Performance New GUI Design - Sleek and Intuitive with Enhanced Effects
    * New Chassis Featuring Hypnotic Blue LEDs, Chrome Brushed Front Panel
    * Flexible Setup Options - Up to 256 Configurable Policies
    * *Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors lower actual data throughput rate.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Re: D-Link DGL4300 108Mbps GamerLounge Wireless $79.99 free ship.

$125 + $6 shipping at newegg! 4/5 star rating

I have to think about this. My D-Link DI-624 died recently. It's still under warranty but I had to buy a cheap $35 Belkin router (which works just fine btw) from Walmart to get me back online. I'll probably RMA the DI-624. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Lenny; 06-01-2007 at 06:11 PM.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

I have the DGL4100 wired version of this router and have to say this is one of the best routers I have ever owned. So if the wireless one is as good as the one I have you will be very happy with the one at Fry's.
    Last edited by Eldest_One; 06-01-2007 at 11:50 PM.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

I have to agree, if you have the coin, get it...I love mine, no issues what so ever, wish it was this price when I got mine....

I gave in to Zetachi's peer pressure and ordered one

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I gave in to Zetachi's peer pressure and ordered one
    LOL I ordered one for my Xbox live playing Brother-in-law. Probably over kill for him but it's his B-Day.

Was gonna get one for my self but again just may be overkill with my less then steller Time Warner Road Runner speed.

I picked this up at Fry's. Great price. This router will give you at least 1-2 more range bars versus the DL-624.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Aims View Post
    I picked this up at Fry's. Great price. This router will give you at least 1-2 more range bars versus the DL-624.
    Range isn't a big concern for me because the DI-624 already reached 100' outside my house into the yard but that's certainly good to know!

Gotta say fry's has some fast shipping. I ordered it Fri wit free shipping and DHL rang my bell at 8:30 tonight with the delivery

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Gotta say fry's has some fast shipping. I ordered it Fri wit free shipping and DHL rang my bell at 8:30 tonight with the delivery
    Cool. The sooner I get mine the sooner I can return the Belkin 54g to Walmart. Not that the Belkin was a bad router. Actually it has been totally solid - not a single disconnect that I noticed. Surprising for a $35 router. I just want the advanced features of the 4300. This will be my fourth D-Link router I think. It's the only brand I buy.

I'm shipping out my D-Link DI-624 tomorrow for RMA. When I get that back I guess I'll use it as a spare.

Did you guys know that D-Link has emulators for the web interfaces of many of their routers? The emulator for the 4300 is on this page along with firmware downloads and other stuff. Warning: the emulators don't always work right on Firefox so use IE.

Question for those that already own the 4300 - on this page of the web interface do you only need to check 'enable gamefuel' to get the benefits or gamefuel or do you need to add rules on that page for every game you play?
    Last edited by Lenny; 06-04-2007 at 11:35 PM.

add that 624 back in to your network as a access point, at the other end of the house.....works great that way.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter4u View Post
    add that 624 back in to your network as a access point, at the other end of the house.....works great that way.
    Good idea but I don't really have the need. As I mentioned earlier I get great coverage throughout my house and well into the yard with just one router.

I forgot that I bought my DI-624 in a kit with a DWL-G650 wireless notebook card which I also don't need any more. Maybe I'll just sell the entire kit on ebay. I should be able to fetch a decent amount for it.

I had ordered that deal from Outpost.com a few weeks back. There was also a $25 rebate for the PCI and notebook adapters. I have to say I was nonplussed with the router. I flashed the latest firmware and went to work setting up MAC only access and such. It connected to the interwebby fine but I had a few intolerable issues.

It started to continually reboot. And I mean so fast that I could not even log onto the UI for over an hour. Turning the router off and/or hitting the hard reset button had no effect. Their support site claimed it might be due to having UpnP enabled with Windows XP. Well great... so what use is the UPnP function of the router then? At one point it stopped rebooting long enough for me to disabled UPnP. It then worked for a few hours.

While it was up the wireless range/speed was less than stellar, even in the same room with the router less than 10 ft from the notebook equipped with the matching d-link adapter configured for "optimum" performance per their instructions. I tried several less secure configurations with 0 improvement.

I figured our house is not that big and I was going to let it's wireless performance pass for the moment. I hooked up our Netgear print server.. boom... the d-link continued it's previous rebooting habit. This time I could not get the router to recover at all.

I figured I might have a bogus unit. Made a quick run to Frys and got another. It lasted about 45 minutes and started to reboot continually much like the first. I gave up and returned both and bought a Linksys which is currently sitting in it's box waiting to be configured.

It would have been a slamming deal had I been able to get it to work reliably.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

That sucks Scooter. I've had my DGL-4300 setup now for 6 months or so and it's by far the best router I've ever owned. It's the only router I've had that will allow me to use the internet and P2P at the same time with any success. It's also been the most stable router I've owned. I use Vonage so having a stable router is imperative. If the router freezes, the phone stops working. Not too mention it works great in online games. It has a TON of options in it's menus as well. My wireless range was better than the Linksys WRT54GS I replaced with this.

I just rebooted the Dlink last night after 50 straight days of uptime. It actually never froze, but I always try and reboot them every 30 days or so with everything I have plugged into it.

You should really like this one Lenny, especially at that great price you got it at. Mine was $129.99 with a $25 rebate back when I got it. Make sure you update to the newest version 1.8 firmware when you get it. It's been very stable and trouble free for me so far.

The only thing that worries me about the DGL-4300 is how hot it runs. I'm worried that because of this it will die prematurely. Maybe I should do the first router fan mod?

Hmm, I saw this on the reviews at Newegg. It looks like exactly what your's was doing Scooter.

Pros: This router worked great....until I updated the firmware.

Cons: I upgraded the firmware from 1.7 to 1.8 as suggested by the routers web interface, and all of a sudden the router went from working great to constantly resetting. I tried resetting the router back to the factory defaults and it would not work. Not even D-Link tech support could figure out why I could not reset it with the reset switch.

Other Thoughts: I must have received a lemon out of the box, but Newegg customer service were very helpfull in helping me get a new one very quickly. I still think this is a good router, I just don't think I will upgrade the firmware.
    Last edited by kbohip; 06-06-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

My first day of usage but so far so good. It does have an impressive amount of features in the settings. One problem I had was the VPN didn't work out of the box like every other router I owned. Oddly I had to UNcheck the VPN/IPSec box on the Advanced/Firewall page. But overall I'm impressed.