Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: D-Link DGL4300 108Mbps GamerLounge Wireless $79.99 free ship.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I've flashed motherboards and routers dozens of times without incident. I've flashed the DGL-4300 twice since I've had it. I did kill an ECS board once, but let's face it, it was an ECS mobo, no loss at all there as it was already giving me tons of problems. I've even flashed new firmware to my home DVD player, as well as my DVD burner, many times without ever having a problem, and a lot of times those were "hacked" versions that added extra features they never had before.

To say someone is to blame for flashing their firmware is crazy. Believe me, if manufacturers knew their firmware updates would kill their hardware, they wouldn't even allow anyone to download them, they'd make people ship back their hardware to them so they themselves could update it.
    Wait, so you say "I've flashed motherboards and routers dozens of times without incident" and then say "I did kill an ECS board once"? That doesn't sound like "without incident" to me. Then what do you do? You blame the motherboard?

This is a standard with computers and always has been. If it's not broke then don't fix it. If the router is working then why update the firmware? Yes, I will blame the person for the bad firmware update because so many other people have updated without a problem. I'd also hope you understand that "user error" wasn't invented. It's a given with computers ALL the time.

I love it when someone comes to me and complains that their computer is a piece of crap. You look at their computer and they have every toolbar in the world installed as well as a system loaded with spyware because they are using the worst P2P programs out there. I've had to fix computers like this MANY times. The computer isn't crap at all. It's always user error.

So Len was this thing worth the $80 bucks? Sale is still going on and I'm considering it. I have the DI-624 and it still works fine. Was going to give it to a neighbor who is having router issues and maybe buy this. Have you noticed any improvement over the other D-links that would justify this over say a pre-n router?

Thanks
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I really like it. It is a step up from 624 in terms of features and the web interface. And Gamefuel really works! But it's still just a 11g router so don't expect any improvement in range or performance like you would supposedly get with a pre-N router. I say 'supposedly' because I've seen the pre-N specs but I have no experience with them so I don't know if the improvements are as good as they claim. If you think you would benefit from pre-N look for one with QoS which is basically what Gamefuel is.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by BY97 View Post
    Wait, so you say "I've flashed motherboards and routers dozens of times without incident" and then say "I did kill an ECS board once"? That doesn't sound like "without incident" to me. Then what do you do? You blame the motherboard?
    Yea ok whatever man. You're absolutely right. No one should EVER flash firmware. It will kill their components every time. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Learn to read. Did I say anywhere that I "blamed the motherboard"? I'll give you the answer so you can understand it. NO. I said that the motherboard was giving me tons of problems before the firmware update. Wanna make a guess as to why I was updating the firmware in the first place?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19