URGENT help required

final uni dissertation due in 2 days and the worst has happened. xp home rig wont boot, normally or in safe mode, it BSODS and loops back to start up.

Ive never dealt with this before, i need to get xp back without losing the important files i need to keep on the comp.

Ive got recovery console up at the moment,is this the right way to go or should i bve doing something else??

help!!

thx, sktr4lf

Re: URGENT help required

Depends on why it's blue screening. Since you're already at the recovery console, type "chkdsk /p" at the command prompt. After the command completes, type "exit" to see if unmountable_boot_volume was the source of your problem. If it reboots in the same manner, and you have SP2 installed, you can disable the "automatically restart on failure" feature by picking it from the boot menu. Having the information displayed on the BSOD could prove useful.

hows this for odd?

disabled automatic restart on failure and it booted into windows ok ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sktr4lf View Post
    hows this for odd?

disabled automatic restart on failure and it booted into windows ok ?!?!
    Now set it that way permanently and the next time it happens, you'll be able to see what it's saying.

Right click My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery, Settings and untick the "Automatically Restart" option under System Failure.

backup whatever u can as fast as you can and see what memtest,drivefitness test gives..matter of fact, get yourself a ubcd

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...