Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i finished my pc!

Quote Originally Posted by non-time View Post
    installing the heatsinks was a *****. the zalman i wanted to use for my north bridge wouldn't fit because of my graphics card. the heatsink on the tforce 550 board has to be really short.... the stock was the only one that worked. i don't mind it so much except that it has this fan that occaisionally catches on its own wire and starts to buzz.

installing the scythe ninja wasn't that bad... but at first i had my ram all the way near the cpu and it pushed over the ram... i'm suprised it didn't damage anything. i had to move both sticks 2 spots over. i guess i'll have to get 2 gig sticks if i ever want to go to 4 gigs (i hope i don't have to upgrade this pc for a long time though)

what is that little three hole plug on my MSI 8600 gts oc edition for? i can't find ANYTHING that would hook to that.

i can't seem to get it hooked up to the university wireless network for some reason... i'll have to talk to them about that monday. i can;t even set up kapersky without a damn net connection

i'll post pics of it soon.

how do you find out how fast the cpu is actually going? and the ram and all that too?

this thing does seem fast. it took 1.5 hours to load xp. all the other drivers took seconds or minutes... when they were supposed to have taken over 1/2 hour in some cases.

here's a photo

my first build!

Re: i finished my pc!

Looks good! Now clean your room!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post

LOL and DITTO!!!
    Gigabyte 890XA UD3, Phenom II X6 1090T,4Ghz 2600nb w/Corsair H50, 2x2GB and 2x4GB GSKILL FLARE 1800Mhz DDR3, PNY GTX570, OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD, Intel X25 80GB SSD, Klipsch ProMedia 4.1, ASUS DVDRW, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair 650W Professional series, Hanspree 26" widescreen, Cyborg R.A.T 5/Cyborg Gaming keyboard, Win7 64 Ultimate

Tagen is offline Definitely a Geek now =>

Better yet, take the cardboard boxes and break them down. Use them to board up your window. The glare would kill all attempts for me to use that fine new compuper!
    My system =>:

Windows 7 Ultimate
    Intel Quad Core Q6700
    BFG NVIDIA nForce 680i
    4 Gigs PC6400 Corsair
    ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Hey, he's got a vacuum in there so he's part way there... Good job on the build...

I am surprised your RAM fit with that CPU heatsink

Main Box: BioStar TpowerX58 LGA 1366, Intel i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz Quad-Core, 3GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 2X250GB WD SATA, VisionTek Radeon 4870, Corsair 620w PS, Asus DRW-1608P3S & DRW-1814BL, Win7 SP1 & LinuxMint 10

Red Hour Video

RedHour Gaming

good lord! ure place looks like mine when im looking for sumtn i cont find

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

his room is like mine lol. get a new monitor and your set though.

i love the inside of that case though. i wish my case was easier to work in.

the first one is the case i have. the second one is what i was wanting. but the price went up. i think the lower one has a door that opens more than 90 degrees. is there anyway to take the door off without breaking it? rosewill seems to make good cheap cases. and the room will probably be cleaned tommorow while i wait for my new monitor... it is WAY TOO MESSY! it's like they shipped half a forest with my pc... O_O

how bad is my cable management? and are there extensions available for case fans? what are they called?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147033

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811147038

your cable management is decent the way the case was designed had alot to do with it though, mine is aweful.

when i built my pc a few months ago i decided to go with a bit of a flashier case than the plan black one i had. unfortunently because of price constraints i ended up losing a bit of functionality to do so. ideally i wanted one of the nice cases that looked good + good functionality but i couldn't afford to blow $150-$200 on the case with the specs i was wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiRaene View Post
    Better yet, take the cardboard boxes and break them down. Use them to board up your window. The glare would kill all attempts for me to use that fine new compuper!
    Indeed this is the correct path. You have started on the road to elite “nerd e ness” you have built your first Light saber…. Ehhhh PC.. now you must lock yourself away from the sun completely to gain that pale complexion so coveted by our kind. Next you will need to start playing D&D…

All kidding aside, nice build there. Like the look of the PSU.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

Is that bright white square behind the vaccuum a travel portal to the mothership or just an overexposed window? And what is that red glowing patch on the base of the inside of your case?

I also can't see how you got your ram in. It doesn't look like there's any ram in there in the pic you took.

Do you have enough clearance for your SATA cables at the drive connections? I have a I-Star case with the same hard drive layout and the cables end up being a bit too close to the side door. I'm currently using IDE hard drives but if I went SATA I'd have to use 90-degree connectors.

Let's see what else we can see...ah, you're using Kaspersky and you like peanuts. Clutter is not a big issue for you and neither is hard chairs.

My video "tribute" to Armed Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiles4 View Post
    Is that bright white square behind the vaccuum a travel portal to the mothership or just an overexposed window? And what is that red glowing patch on the base of the inside of your case?

I also can't see how you got your ram in. It doesn't look like there's any ram in there in the pic you took.

Do you have enough clearance for your SATA cables at the drive connections? I have a I-Star case with the same hard drive layout and the cables end up being a bit too close to the side door. I'm currently using IDE hard drives but if I went SATA I'd have to use 90-degree connectors.

Let's see what else we can see...ah, you're using Kaspersky and you like peanuts. Clutter is not a big issue for you and neither is hard chairs.
    Ohh this is a fun game.. he also shops at Target.

And I can see the RAM just fine .. two orange colored sticks,, OZC ?
    Last edited by RatboyX; 06-04-2007 at 11:26 AM.
    Game - BIOSTAR TA785 A2+ / Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W / Patroit 8GB DDR2 800 CAS 4 Timing: 4-4-4-12 / Sapphire HD 6870 1GB / Antec Three Hundred Case / PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W / X-Fi XtremeGamer / Western Digital 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s /Windows Vista home premium 64 SP1

Back up - Biostar 6100-939 / A64 3800 Venice(Stock 2.4) / 1.5 GB Corsair XMS 3200 / HD3870

I love the cooling tower on top of the case, errr wait thats just a big shinny bowl!

I can't help it that room shot reminds of one of those touch screen picture games you play at the bar, you know the "can you spot whats wrong" type game. Like one picture would be missing one of the three peanut cans or one of the bottles from the window sill or say some of the text written on around the edge of the screen.

All kidding aside congrats on your first build!
    i7 Beast: Asus P6T Deluxe, Intel i7 920 21x191 (4000) HT on 1.3875v, Swiftech GTZ/D5/BIX2
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill pi Black DDR3 1600, ECS 9600GT
    CM STACKER 810, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

i7 Game: Asus P6T, Intel i7 920 20x180 (3600) HT on 1.275v, TRU-120
    6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill DDR3 1333 7-7-7-18, MSI GTX260 OCv2, Dell 3007WFP LCD
    CM STACKER 830, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750

AMD: Biostar 790GX A2+, PII X4 940BE 17x200, Freezer 64 Pro
    4GB (4x1GB) Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800, Powercolor 4850
    Corsair VX450

LOL .... just LOL .. The posts here are just too funny ... and so now I must add my own.

1. Clean your room

2. What are those pills that sit in front of your Stargate of a window sill there? Unhealthy for pills/vitamins to get above 75F

3. Clean your room

4. Please tell me that bowl you have on top of the computer is not full of.... anything liquid.

5. Clean your room

6. Do you have an Iron butt? Cuz... If I had to sit my @$$ down on that thing you must call the Tailbone ripper for any length of time... my wife would be sayin..... Dear.... why do you have a tatoo shaped like a star on your tookis? For gods sake and the sake of your Hiney get yourself a cushion at least... preferebly a new chair.

7. Clean your room

8. When your done cleaning your room we want another picture LOL...

And of course.. all kidding aside you did a great job on your first build. I just ordered the last piece for my ... personal compuer build that needed to be done for quite awhile myself. I am pretty excited about the whole thing.

Cheers!