Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Muslim world inflamed by Rushdie knighthood

Good post Robert3. Unfourtinately you'll never get a rational response... as you would expect I gather.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by sabrewulf165 View Post
    You're one to talk. I've read the whole thread and all I see is you arguing about satirical photochops and apologizing for fanatical islam with the the usual token examples.
    Apologizing? Might I ask you to quote the post where I apologize for fanatical islamists? I blame the fanatics as much as you all do. But that's where it ends, with the fanatics. I'm not calling a serious percentage of the worlds population violence advocates.
    And yes, as a matter of fact I do think I'm one to talk. Just as much as anyone else m8. And so I repeat, I'm really not that interesting to base your only reply on, but do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Like it or not.. those advocating violence are part of the Muslim world.
    Exactly. That statement is much better. "Part of".

I could give a hoot what country the Muslims calling for the death of an author who penned a piece of fiction live. There is no rational excuse for their actions.
    I agree, there is no excuse.

But the fact that this violent rhetoric works kind-o-proves the point. In what other religion/government would calls for death to those who have simply penned a piece of fiction that you do not care for actually get you voted into office? I imagine outside of Islam, the list is rather short.
    Repeat it enough from birth to adultship and it works, yes. It's called indoctrination. Muslims aren't the only ones who are indoctrinated. Islam is being used for the indoctrination but in other places other means are just as easily found.
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx

^^^Agreed. We are all subject to indoctrination, if for no other reason than the fact that the feral have difficulty functioning in a society and that we live better as part of a society than in a feral state. The question becomes one of who the indoctrination actually ends up serving. If it's the people, then there are usually few unanswered questions. Unfortunately, there are those in the muslim world who are causing too many questions to remain unanswered. Death threats can have a tendency to dissuade inquiry and/or dissent and/or reform. One might conclude that there are aspects of islam, as practised by some, that are failing to serve the people.
    Last edited by Robert3; 06-22-2007 at 07:00 AM.
    What the genteel demand is something of themselves. What the vulgar demand is something of others.
    The true church is one's own heart.
    It has been my experience that those who proclaim the world is going to hell in a handbasket are the same ones who are leading the way there with their grip fixed firmly on the handle.
    Why can't you find god? Everyone knows he lives in a little black box.
    A carp who deals in red herrings is a traitor to his species.

Ah. So they did give Laden a title.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/p...d-to-bin-laden

Like I said. Ill be ready for the ceremoney and official award presentation.
    Whenever our "friends" the Pakistani's decide on a place and time.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Ah. So they did give Laden a title.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/p...d-to-bin-laden

Like I said. Ill be ready for the ceremoney and official award presentation.
    Whenever our "friends" the Pakistani's decide on a place and time.
    Give Laden a title... I'm outraged!! I demand they turn him over to us at once for JUSTICE!! Whats that....?? Only werks for Muslims..?? D@mn..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^and Robert is precise and correct above. IMO

Sucks... hard to listen to Cat Stevens any more. To listen to his early work and of late have to hear his radical BS. Keeping this guy out of the US is a good idea.

Video: Cat Stevens Wishes for Salman Rushdie's Death by Fire

-The Gipper

^^LOL, I guess 'ol Cat Stevens "Peace Train" has left the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    ^^LOL, I guess 'ol Cat Stevens "Peace Train" has left the tracks.
    I think his brain has derailed too!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11