Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Some of you were 100% correct/Pitbull Attacks.

Pit Bulls have an image problem like assault weapons. With Pit Bulls it's how they're trained and treated. With assault weapons it's who is using it. The last dog that tried to get a piece of me was a Corgi. I would have been insulted if the little sucker actually drawn blood.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

They always single out the Pitbull attacks, because that what gets ratings, right now. It's not uncommon for a dog attack to be reported as being a Pitbull attack, even if the reporter has no idea what breed the dog really was. They're the ones currently raised for fighting, so they're the breed with the most currently raised to be mean. Before Pits, it was Rottweilers. At one point, it was Dobermans. That's right people, Scooby Doo is a viscious dog!

I'd still be far more wary of a Chow Chow, than a Pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiNazi View Post
    How is a dog considered loose if it is in a fenced in yard?
    when the fence borders a road, or another person's house where poeple walk by, and the dog is a large breed dog

Wouldnt smaller dogs be more "loose" since it can fit through the slits or dig under much easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyryder View Post
    They always single out the Pitbull attacks, because that what gets ratings, right now. It's not uncommon for a dog attack to be reported as being a Pitbull attack, even if the reporter has no idea what breed the dog really was. They're the ones currently raised for fighting, so they're the breed with the most currently raised to be mean. Before Pits, it was Rottweilers. At one point, it was Dobermans. That's right people, Scooby Doo is a viscious dog!

I'd still be far more wary of a Chow Chow, than a Pitbull.
    Freaking Chows..I've seen up close how nasty they can be twice. My friend had 2 of them, good dogs but for some reason you could only pet them when they wanted to be pet and one of them bit my niece but nothing major..then again all dogs bite my niece (she's a demon). We're always around so there's never a problem but I've seen them snap like maniacs. We used to setup my friend when he'd fall asleep watching baseball or football..he'd have one hand on one of the Chows and my brother and I would pretend we were creeping up on him to attack and the chow would give it's pooch warning of showing the teeth and the growl..then after it had enough he'd bite the closest thing to him...my friend's hand.

You eat beaver?
    May I ask where you live that beaver is eaten?
    Originally posted by POCI

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Pit Bulls have an image problem like assault weapons. With Pit Bulls it's how they're trained and treated. With assault weapons it's who is using it. The last dog that tried to get a piece of me was a Corgi. I would have been insulted if the little sucker actually drawn blood.
    Shit..they can. A freaking Chihuahua will F@#$ you up. my friend lost his thumb nail to his Chihuahua he found on the street. Looked like he lost his finger from all the blood..

He grabbed it wrong and the pooch bit him. I think he was hurt because he limps here and there and he must have grabbed him wrong and caused pain. He was trying to give it a bath..but he's a good little dog. I see more smaller dogs bite than any big ones.

It's mostly who owns the pooch too. In Detroit alone they have a disgusting amount of pitbulls..who owns them? Take a guess? The Michael Vics, the rappers..in other words all the low lives or morons.

You eat beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Right, yea. Pitbulls never attack anybody. They just have a bad rap that's all. Sorry, but I've witnessed a pitbull attack myself, and became part of the attack when the guy being attacked by it came to me for help. Had I not been able to hit the thing back with a broom handle and get inside a garage I have no doubt it would've bitten me at the very least. He was nothing like that lovable pup in the video you posted Stan I can tell you that. I only thank God my 3 year old wasn't outside playing when that dog came around.

I'll say it again. I don't personally care for pitbulls but I have no problems with them if they have a responsible owner. This means keeping the dog in a tall fenced in area, or at the very least a strong leash at all times. It doesn't mean letting the animal roam the neighborhood freely to terrorize anyone walking or running.

The fact is a pitbull is a large dog that can do a lot of damage to a person or kill them if the mood strikes it. This kind of animal takes a responsible owner but all too often with pitbull owners it's exactly the opposite. They seem to think their dog is incapable of harming anyone and therefore don't see why it shouldn't be allowed to run free.

There are many, many reports of pitbulls snapping and attacking people for seemingly no reason. This is not the media that's making these stories up either. It's gotten bad enough that some insurance companies in my town no longer offer homeowner's insurance to people with pitbulls. They realize the litigation risk a pitbull may pose.

Is any of this the dog's fault? I don't think so at all. This is the direct result of a certain percentage of owners who just don't care. They ruin it for all the responsible pitbull owner's out there.
    That's all I was saying just like in the other pitbull thread..it's always the owner's fault unless it's rabies or something else but it's the owners man.

You eat beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by midyxadryl View Post
    It depends. Most people who own pitbulls dont fight them. There are many more out there who breed good dogs but garner a bad rep because of the events that are publicized. You never hear of dogs other than pits or rotts in the news, but that doesnt mean violent attacks by other dogs dont happen. Heres a prime example of a vicious pitbull. The best of friends.

That's a pretty one..you have more pics?

You eat beaver?

Quote Originally Posted by StanRoman View Post
    That's all I was saying just like in the other pitbull thread..it's always the owner's fault unless it's rabies or something else but it's the owners man.
    Definitely agree with you there. BTW, my sister had a Chow and it was a really nice dog. I could always walk right up to it and pet it. Now her other 2 dogs!

Heres my dangerous pit.

Well she is mixed pitbull and boxer. Plays with my three-year old sister all the time.

My Pit is mixed as well. Shes also part Springer Spaniel...thats where she gets her shaggy hair from. Here you go Stan. I live near Detroit, but I dont have a pit as a status symbol. I got her cuz she was free and had the shaggy hair the rest of the litter didnt have. That dog was babied her whole life...wouldnt hurt a thing. Shes actually scared of alot of things. I can put a quarter in my hand and chase her around the house with it.

Last edited by midyxadryl; 07-02-2007 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
    PCPer CAN'T have a dollar value attached. For those of us, PcPer is worthless!

funny pooches

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by Kzar View Post
    Heres my dangerous pit.

Well she is mixed pitbull and boxer. Plays with my three-year old sister all the time.
    its like my dog is looking i a mirror.....sorta....

Mix being the key word here. Breeders mix wolves with Shepard's to make the wolf mix legal. Mix a wild dog with a super trainable one and cross your fingers.
    Any more pics of that hot pussycat? Kinda skinny but still a hottie.
    "The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church"[Ferdinand Magellan]
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." [Albert Einstein]
    "With or without (religion) you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."[Physicist and Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg]

Quote Originally Posted by Kzar View Post
    Heres my dangerous pit.

Nice pooch my gf loves it.

You eat beaver?