View Poll Results: Which project should we support as a team project?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rieselsieve

    9 50.00%
  • Protiens@home

    2 11.11%
  • PrimeGrid

    0 0%
  • Tanpaku

    3 16.67%
  • Rosetta

    1 5.56%
  • Einstien

    1 5.56%
  • Spinhenge

    1 5.56%
  • Rectilinear crossing

    1 5.56%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 133 of 133
  1. #121
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Feel the wrath of the KILLER FROGS!

    Nice frog!

  2. #122
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Correction, Mean frog!

  3. #123
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    The Goat Pen
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Looks like the demise of the Finns is imminent

    http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/orig/top_teams.php

    Chrunch!!


  4. #124
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,935

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Movin on up!
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

  5. #125
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Great crunchin guys. We've topped 92000 today. Now here is the fly in the ointment, unless we can convince mac2312 to change teams or leave rieselsieve alone we're probably gonna have to settle for #2. Take a look at the stats.

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team...eselsieve&st=0

    Let's just hope that it was only a drive by.

  6. #126
    Joined
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    48
    Posts
    13,852

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Great crunchin guys. We've topped 92000 today. Now here is the fly in the ointment, unless we can convince mac2312 to change teams or leave rieselsieve alone we're probably gonna have to settle for #2. Take a look at the stats.

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team...eselsieve&st=0

    Let's just hope that it was only a drive by.
    Yeah, he probably has access to like 500+ work desktop machines. We can't compete with that kind of HP
    Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    4GB Corsair PC6400
    ATI X1650 Pro

  7. #127
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,935

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    I think that user name is a collection is users for the SETI.USA team, not a solo user if I remember correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay See Bee View Post
    Yeah, he probably has access to like 500+ work desktop machines. We can't compete with that kind of HP
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

  8. #128
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Yay!

    I made it to the team with a whopping 84 points!

    Well at least it's a start!

  9. #129
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,935

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007



    Good going there SP!
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

  10. #130
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Yay!

    I made it to the team with a whopping 84 points!

    Well at least it's a start!
    Wohoo - looks like you're up'n'spankin'

    Those crunching times look similar to mine - 90 mins on a Semperon 3000+/Linux

  11. #131
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Now all I need to do is get my home server back up (been down since I added new hardware last week ). Then I'll add it and a few others as well.

    That was weird though, I requested something like 40 points and was awarded around 23 points for a WU I did. And the thing is, I'm the only one who returned anything.

    Have to figure out what they base their points on.

  12. #132
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    Now all I need to do is get my home server back up (been down since I added new hardware last week ). Then I'll add it and a few others as well.

    That was weird though, I requested something like 40 points and was awarded around 23 points for a WU I did. And the thing is, I'm the only one who returned anything.

    Have to figure out what they base their points on.
    The ether winds.

  13. #133
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Spankin Partier View Post
    That was weird though, I requested something like 40 points and was awarded around 23 points for a WU I did. And the thing is, I'm the only one who returned anything.

    Have to figure out what they base their points on.
    They don't use the standard BOINC credit system so requested credit is meaningless. They have their own formula, from their FAQ:

    http://boinc.rieselsieve.com/?faq

    Q: How are the workunits scored?
    A: The work units are scored by using a formula based on three things: maximum bound of the range, the number of k's in the DAT file, and whether or not a factor is found. Factors found can increase the base score, which comes off the bound and the number of k's. This creates a static amount of credit per WU that is not affected by processing time or client benchmarks, as the amount of computation required is the same.

    Because of this scoring system, "optimized" clients will not add extra credits to your score. Large amounts of credit will be requested, but the granted credit will be based on the formula
    Because most WUs have a quorum of 1 (only sent to one user), you get credit instantly. I have been getting 27 credits for the vast majority of WUs I've returned, and some get 30 credits (presumably because a Factor has been found). I'm running the stock boinc app (not optimized for Linux) that's only requesting about 11-13 credits so I'm doing well
    Last edited by Ned Slider; 07-17-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •