View Poll Results: Which project should we support as a team project?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rieselsieve

    9 50.00%
  • Protiens@home

    2 11.11%
  • PrimeGrid

    0 0%
  • Tanpaku

    3 16.67%
  • Rosetta

    1 5.56%
  • Einstien

    1 5.56%
  • Spinhenge

    1 5.56%
  • Rectilinear crossing

    1 5.56%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 133
  1. #46
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    This shows what's really going on with Rieselsieve. It seems that the Frenchies are after SETI USA and PLANET3DNOW! are trying to arrange support to go after us. We're gonna need some BIG guns to pull off #1 on this one.



    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/team...eselsieve&st=0

  2. #47
    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sumter,SC
    Age
    45
    Posts
    903

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Times a wastin!!!!!!! Crank those crunchers up!!

  3. #48
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Just checked the Aussies Rieselseive forum and they don't have a clue. They haven't even posted in the forum since the 20th of May.

  4. #49
    Joined
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sumter,SC
    Age
    45
    Posts
    903

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    This is going to be one of those races where every WU counts!!

  5. #50
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Just did a recon of the TEAM3DNOW forum and they have caught on and are arranging a counter offensive. It also seems that team SETI USA is doing the same thing on another project! Here is the link if you can read German.

    http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/...308367&page=64
    Thank god we now have someone who can read german. The german teams are heavy in all of these projects and a spy is very helpful. I am sure more them can read english than we can read german. Isn't it manditory in school?

    Anyway...A BATTLE! It will be glorious! Filled with Honor! And VICTORY!

  6. #51
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7,743

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Divert all resources to Riesel Sieve immediately?

    Aye aye, captain!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB


    Take a Kid FISHING!

  7. #52
    Joined
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    704

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout View Post
    Divert all resources to Riesel Sieve immediately?

    Aye aye, captain!
    I think if we attack with attack pattern Kirk Epsilon we will do just fine. Ramming speed, Captain!

  8. #53
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
    Thank god we now have someone who can read german. The german teams are heavy in all of these projects and a spy is very helpful. I am sure more them can read english than we can read german. Isn't it manditory in school?

    Anyway...A BATTLE! It will be glorious! Filled with Honor! And VICTORY!
    Yea it's mandatory. My son started it in second grade. But they usually get some even in kindergarten.

  9. #54
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Let's see, 10 of us verses 78 of them at PLANET3DNOW. Kinda sounds like one of those old kung fu movies from the 70's. Check out the opposition:

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...ve&st=0&ti=683

  10. #55
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,935

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Let's see, 10 of us verses 78 of them at PLANET3DNOW. Kinda sounds like one of those old kung fu movies from the 70's. Check out the opposition:

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...ve&st=0&ti=683
    That number can be a wee bit misleading. Take me for example, I crunch under the Team Swordfish banner, and so do several others. So techincally there are more than ten of us. But, at least it will make them feel bad when they get whopped by a group of 10 or 11 people..
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

  11. #56
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout View Post
    Divert all resources to Riesel Sieve immediately?

    Aye aye, captain!
    Having put one machine on for a few days to get a feel for RS, I'll move the rest of my home crunchers over this evening

    Let's whoop us some ass

  12. #57
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Joofoo View Post
    That number can be a wee bit misleading. Take me for example, I crunch under the Team Swordfish banner, and so do several others. So techincally there are more than ten of us. But, at least it will make them feel bad when they get whopped by a group of 10 or 11 people..
    Actually the Riselsieve web site tean stats only show 8 of us doing the deed so it can be very misleading to them.

  13. #58
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Here are some interesting stats for ya.

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...o=&date=&or=12

    Please note , we have 7 members in the top 30:

  14. #59
    Joined
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    7,743

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
    I think if we attack with attack pattern Kirk Epsilon we will do just fine. Ramming speed, Captain!
    Executing Kirk Epsilon. Pressing 'Ramming Speed' button....now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider View Post
    Having put one machine on for a few days to get a feel for RS, I'll move the rest of my home crunchers over this evening

    Let's whoop us some ass
    I like these little bitty wu's, Einstein was getting....boring. I feel like I'm slapping these RS wu's around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Let's see, 10 of us verses 78 of them at PLANET3DNOW. Kinda sounds like one of those old kung fu movies from the 70's. Check out the opposition:

    http://www.boincstats.com/stats/user...ve&st=0&ti=683
    I like those odds! And the analogy.

    Crunch on!
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB


    Take a Kid FISHING!

  15. #60
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    UK
    Age
    51
    Posts
    20,229

    Re: Team project poll for Aug 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by smoked trout View Post
    I like these little bitty wu's, Einstein was getting....boring. I feel like I'm slapping these RS wu's around.

    Crunch on!
    I'm seeing good RAC too. My slowest cruncher has gone from 330 in SETI (with an optimized SETI app too) to a steady 400 in RS

    I did loose a day's crunching time though... My darn Linux clients keep erroring out and restarting each WU every time my internet connection gets dropped. It's not an RS problem, same thing happens with seti too so it must be a boinc issue. Only affects my Linux boxes though and has been happening for years

    Just tried updating my router firmware to see if that helps, as since upgrading to 8mbit adsl it seems to have got worse and drops the connection almost daily

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •