Page 125 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2278

Re: No MSM bias to see here... move along..

CNN is now reporting that Zimmerman is hispanic, without the white moniker in front. I predict this story will now die down quickly in the media.

Martin's family and supporters say Zimmerman, who is Hispanic, profiled the boy, who was black, as "suspicious" and ignored a police dispatcher's request that he not follow him.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/02/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Move along, nothing to see here anymore folks!

So, you're sarcastically saying that because he's not white that the racism aspect is no longer valid??

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    So, you're sarcastically saying that because he's not white that the racism aspect is no longer valid??
    I think thats what the media thinks not what kbohip thinks. I'm not sure it ever was valid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Ann Romney will be next on the docket, I predict.

Ah jeez... that was too easy. Today's headline:

Media smears Ann Romney, suggests she invested in sex trafficking website.

link

Are these people predictable, or what?

I'm saying that since the crime didn't involve a "white" guy, it was not a hate crime, therefore there is no longer a story here, according to the media at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I'm saying that since the crime didn't involve a "white" guy, it was not a hate crime, therefore there is no longer a story here, according to the media at least.
    Well that's because the vast majority of Americans a freaking stupid and think racism only applies to whites vs. xyz race. So yeah, the media won't use the hate crime aspect anymore even though technically this can still be one.

So yeah, the media won't use the hate crime aspect anymore even though technically this can still be one.
    You do realize that its a politically fabricated term designed to make certain crimes more egregious than others according the ideology of the left, don't you? Its very clever and all that, but its total bull. On its face it may not be bull, but since its so selectively applied, its become a freakin' joke.

Well that's because the vast majority of Americans a freaking stupid and think racism only applies to whites vs. xyz race. So yeah, the media won't use the hate crime aspect anymore even though technically this can still be one.
    Agreed, and it's the point I was trying to make. In the case of Zimmerman, it seems he's quite a few different races, so it's just another reason why I think the whole idea of a "hate" crime is complete and total rubbish.

On the MSM handling the Martin/Zimmerman story, from a commenter on the WSJ’s opinion page today:
    “Brown Democrat shoots Black Democrat, White Republicans blamed.”
    That's really what the furor was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Ah jeez... that was too easy. Today's headline:

Media smears Ann Romney, suggests she invested in sex trafficking website.

link

Are these people predictable, or what?
    Ha! You think that's bad? Wait until the entire Mormon religion is put on trial in the media.

It's gonna happen. My wife's family is staunchly republican and quite active in their presbyterian church. They also believe mormonism is a cult. They hate Obama, but to put it into my wife's fathers' words directly "There is no way I'm voting for a cult member to be president."

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Ha! You think that's bad? Wait until the entire Mormon religion is put on trial in the media.

It's gonna happen. My wife's family is staunchly republican and quite active in their presbyterian church. They also believe mormonism is a cult. They hate Obama, but to put it into my wife's fathers' words directly "There is no way I'm voting for a cult member to be president."

Good luck
    Should make for interesting viewing.

Black Liberation Theology

-vs-

Mormonism

If I compare the two objectively (which I'll have to do on my own as the MSM will never attach their messiah to the church he attended for 2 decades)... I'd take the Mormon any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Good luck
    This.... It hasn't been brought up, but a ton of the old folks I know and including my mother and I believe mormonism is a cult.... but guess what.. I was baptized a mormon when I was 8 years old lol.

Remember when JFK was President? I was told by my grandfather he had a tough time during the election because he was Catholic. Most Presidents were Free Masons, so the thought of a Catholic as president was very foreign.

However, I think Romney still has a good chance and might do well to not bring attention to his religious beliefs and he might use it as an angle.... Most Republicans rather have a Christian (even if it's a pseudo-denomination) than a Muslim as President .

Good luck
    Hmmm, mormon versus muslim. Two different cults and two different candidates who belong to each one. One denies it though. One religion sends a couple of well dressed young men to your door every once in a while to get you to join their cult. The other sends death threats to anyone that dares disagree or says anything that might be considered negative by them. They nurture an environment of hate towards women or any religion that is not theirs, thereby leading to terrorists using the religion to hide behind as a shield for their atrocities.

Yeah, tough choice in candidates if it comes down to religion.

NBC "apologizes" for editing the well-known Zimmerman 911 call to the point it sounded racially motivated...

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/04...erman-911-call

The Washington Post reports that NBC has completed its investigation into the Today show's mishandling of the police dispatcher's conversation with George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case with a finding of error, plus an apology. The apology addresses the show's failure to accurately abridge the conversation between Zimmerman and the dispatcher in this high-profile case. This is how the program portrayed a segment of that conversation: Zimmerman: 'This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black' Here what was actually said: Zimmerman: 'This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.' Dispatcher: 'OK, and this guy is he black, white or Hispanic?' Zimmerman: 'He looks black.' In an appearance on Fox News's Hannity, Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center, called this omission on the part of Today an 'all-out falsehood' not just a distortion or misrepresentation. 'On the good front, [NBC] acknowledges the mistake and apologizes to viewers for the bad editing. It's a forthright correction and spares us any excuses about the faulty portrayal. On the bad front, the statement is skimpy on the details on just how the mistake unfolded,' writes Erik Wemple. 'In light of all that's happened, Zimmerman may be a tough person for a news network to apologize to, but that's just the point: Apologies are hard.'"
    Of course, if you work for the media, you can intentionally make shit up and say sorry even though the whole motive was to get exposure, which in turn equals profits...

The black liberation theology/Muslim angle has been played out. It's only relevant on talk radio.

This country has never looked closely at the Mormon religion and how they do things. "Big Love" doesn't count