Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2278

Re: No MSM bias to see here... move along..

More cognitive dissonance from The Won's #1 cheerleader at the NY Slimes. Lemme git my cluebat out. Hey Krug.. the Independents that propelled Bamma into the WH are the very ones who have delivered defeats to those he campaigned for in NJ, VA and now MA. As with many in the far lefts MSM, kruggy seems to think the radical minority are the only ones whose vote counts.

The problem is Bamma is decidedly NOT fight for what his supporters believed in. Not the other way around. He and his party have broken nearly every promise they made... and all but their most ardent supporters are so pissed they would rather vote repug than let bamma have his way.

That's not mad props to the Repugs.. it's a total repudiation of Bamma's agenda.

He Wasn’t The One We’ve Been Waiting For

Health care reform — which is crucial for millions of Americans — hangs in the balance. Progressives are desperately in need of leadership; more specifically, House Democrats need to be told to pass the Senate bill, which isn’t what they wanted but is vastly better than nothing. And what we get from the great progressive hope, the man who was offering hope and change, is this:

I would advise that we try to move quickly to coalesce around those elements of the package that people agree on. We know that we need insurance reform, that the health insurance companies are taking advantage of people. We know that we have to have some form of cost containment because if we don’t, then our budgets are going to blow up and we know that small businesses are going to need help so that they can provide health insurance to their families. Those are the core, some of the core elements of, to this bill. Now I think there’s some things in there that people don’t like and legitimately don’t like.
    In short, “Run away, run away”!

Maybe House Democrats can pull this out, even with a gaping hole in White House leadership. Barney Frank seems to have thought better of his initial defeatism. But I have to say, I’m pretty close to giving up on Mr. Obama, who seems determined to confirm every doubt I and others ever had about whether he was ready to fight for what his supporters believed in.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Righto.. it's OUR fault Bamma's naive and inept foreign policies failed miserably.

Obama: Hey, It Turns Out That 3000 Years of Warfare in the Middle East Wasn't Going to End Just Because You Elected an Unprecedented, Historic Guy Made of Pure Awesome. Sorry, My Bad, I Thought They Would.

He made another stunning admission: He doesn't poop platinum.

President Barack Obama says his administration overestimated its ability to persuade the Israelis and Palestinians to resume meaningful peace talks.

Obama says both parties have been unwilling to make the bold gestures needed to move the process forward. If the U.S. had anticipated that earlier, Obama says he might not have raised his expectations so high.
    Did anyone notice what the AP did there? They are paraphrasing Obama, but check out what they say.

If the US had not failed to understand basic reality, then Obama would not have raised expectations so high.

This is not an error of judgment of "the US." "The US" did not fail to anticipate this. "The US," in fact, isn't really a sentient being capable of anticipating anything at all, but to the extent we collectively think stuff, we collectively have long doubted that the Palestinians would ever make peace. Or at least we've been highly skeptical of any progress towards real peace there.

And yet the AP neatly, in an almost nonsensical sentence, pushes off the fault for this to "the US."

Obama didn't make any errors. Obama can't make any errors.

What happened here was that "the US" made a huge error, and Obama just raised expectations based on "the US'" defect in thinking.

But is Obama to blame?

Of course not.

You are, champ.

Obama's like Reverse Jesus. You will, collectively, assume his sins so that he is cleansed and untainted.*

* Yes, I know there's another word for "Reverse Jesus."

I don't think that's really a good thing to say.

When I was in college, some guy -- a transgressive sort of guy, a guy who liked causing reactions and doing shock value stuff to spook the "straights" -- was goofing around, claiming he was actually the Anti-Christ, to this guy who was Christian.

The Christian guy was just shrugging along at how silly it was.

Eventually the Transgressive Guy said, "How do you know I'm not the Anti-Christ?"

The Christian guy smiled. "Easy. Satan wouldn't be so fat."

So funny. Transgressive Guy, to his credit, busted a gut at that too.

Anyway, if you had suspicions Obama was the Anti-Christ, put them out of your mind. Satan wouldn't be such a ••••-up.

Thanks to Gabe.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Change...

Video: Guess who’s out of favor now?

Just a year ago, media outlets like CNN praised and courted independent voters, both explicitly and implicitly as they ran endless stories about partisan bickering and bipartisan outreach — that inevitably focused on getting Republicans to vote with Democrats in Congress instead of the other way around. Suddenly, independents are “feathers in the breeze,” drama queens with a constant need for attention fixes, people who have no idea what they want and can’t articulate any principles at all. Tony Harris compares independents to people who take the Fifth in Congressional hearings, and clips in a portion of Tareq Salahi’s appearance on Capitol Hill this week to emphasize how weaselly Harris believes independents to be:

When did CNN’s treatment of independents change? Why, right after they stopped voting for Democrats. Instead of being post-partisan, common-sense, salt-of-the-earth voters who rejected the partisan sniping, suddenly they’re vapid, inarticulate, cowardly voters who demand to be courted.

So, independents …. how does it feel to be treated like Republicans and conservatives by the media?

Update: Jazz Shaw wonders why CNN wants to alienate the people who will decide the 2010 midterms.

-The Gipper

I love the often repeated rhetoric on the left as to the only reason anyone evar votes against liberals.. and especially liberal demorats... anger. Could not possibly be any rational excuses.. it's always some sort of anger. Bible thumpin racists or some such variety. Even when those voting against the ultra liberal Dems are... ultra liberal dems and independents. It's nearly as comical as Bamma blaming GW for all his own parties failings. Including the election of Brown.

Mobs Rule

I sure do hope Captain Bullsh*t and Co. continue to take advise from clueless agenda drivel pushers like this NYSlimes puke.

-The Gipper

where can you get that as a sticker?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Of course. The only reason anyone would vote against the MSM's party of The Won is anger...

New Englanders: Not Nearly as Smart as They Were Eight Months Ago, According to NYT's Charles Blow

"In 1984, Ronald Reagan won every Northeastern state. Since then, the leadership of the G.O.P. has systematically shed its idealists in favor of ideologues, reducing itself to the current Cheney-Limbaugh illusionati whose strategy is to exploit faith and ignorance by fanning fear and hatred. But, Northeasterners are not so easily duped. Voters there tend to be wealthier, better educated, less religious and more progressive than those in other regions." -- New York Times columnist Charles Blow, writing on May 23, 2009.

vs.

"Welcome to the mob: an angry, wounded electorate, riled by recession, careening across the political spectrum, still craving change, nursing a bloodlust." -- Charles Blow in his January 23, 2010 column, after Republican Scott Brown's victory in a special Senate election in Massachusetts.

-The Gipper

^^^Please quote for me in the article where he (Charles Blow) said New Englanders are not as smart as they were 8 months ago. I seem to not be able to find it. Seems nothing more than a opinion by the blogger (Clay Waters) to me. And what's funny is the commenters swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. Now we know who the dummies are.
    Last edited by liteman; 01-30-2010 at 03:05 AM.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    ^^^Please quote for me in the article where he (Charles Blow) said New Englanders are not as smart as they were 8 months ago. I seem to not be able to find it. Seems nothing more than a opinion by the blogger (Clay Waters) to me. And what's funny is the commenters swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. Now we know who the dummies are.
    ...this is why reading a slanted blog and then virally posting it, for any side, is simply an exercise in, er well, sheepleness, for lack of a better word. One example is blown up into an outrage post complete with selective c&p designed to think for you. Scooter posts a lot of these not worth answering entries. Usually machine gun style.

I agree the comments found with those posts are usually entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    I love the re-phrasing is wrong arguments coming from you people on the left. Its as if your brains have evacuated their cognitive skills and the ability to reason.

Let me try to explain. Becoming part of a mob, wounded, riled, careening, craving and nursing a bloodlust are the opposites of improving one's smartness if they weren't traits held previously. They are all examples of traits not expected of clear thinking people commonly considered to be as smart as they were previously if, as Mr. Blow asserts, they weren't traits held eight months ago.

So although Mr. Blow doesn't say what you ask in those exact words, he says exactly that.

It doesn't take a smart person to figure that out.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 01-30-2010 at 12:25 PM.

^^^ As usual.. the point gets lost on those whom habitually claim to be the smartest among us.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    ^^^ As usual.. the point gets lost on those whom habitually claim to be the smartest among us.
    Did you snipe that comment from a blog? You should know better than to argue from any position other than "let's wait and see" or from an approved government or peer reviewed source.

Oh wait, those were your own words. You don't have them wrapped in quotes so our liberal master debaters can attack the source.

Oh my.

I'm waitin' for the claims of misusing semantics.

Tingles hypocrisy would be staggering if there were not so many other examples to dull the blow..

Video: Noted leg thriller warns about the dangers of charismatic politicians

Has to be seen to be believed. It comes at the end of last night’s Hardball, and within minutes my friend John Ziegler tipped me off to it. Chris Matthews talks with Eugene Robinson and Susan Page about Sarah Palin’s speech and hyperventilates about “secession”, which is where Robinson picks this up, attempting to keep up with Matthews’ paranoia. At the end, Matthews actually warns Robinson that “Charismatic leaders have done this country and this world a lot of harm,” apparently oblivious to his own track record over the last two years in being Barack Obama’s number-one fanboy.

Of course, we don’t forget it, and I’ve mashed this up with a couple of highlights from Matthews’ career as a journalist in the Age of Obama:

Actual mentions of secession in Palin’s speech: zero. Actual mentions of “states’ rights”: zero. Actual mentions of the Tenth Amendment: one, in describing how Washington bribes states with money to get them to ignore it:

When Washington passed a $787 billion stimulus bill, we were nervous because they just spent $700 billion to bailout Wall Street. On the state level, as a governor, we knew a lot of that money came with fat strings attached. The federal government was going to have more control over our states. They were going to disrespect the Tenth Amendment of our Constitution by essentially bribing with us. Take this federal money and then we going to be able to mandate a few more things on you though. I joined with other conservative governors around the nation in rejecting some of those dollars.
    Actual mentions of “revolution”: two, and neither in a context of armed rebellion against the US:

Very good to be here in Tennessee, the volunteer state. It’s the home of good country music and good southern barbecue, and great to be at the tea party convention. I guess down here that’s some southern sweet tea. In Alaska, we have a smaller version of tea party up there. And we call it iced tea. And I am a big supporter of this movement. I believe in this movement. Got lots of friends and family in the lower 48 attending these events across the country, and just knowing that this is the movement, and America is ready for another revolution, and you are a part of this. …

Now in many ways Scott Brown represents what this beautiful movement is all about. He was just a guy with a truck and a passion to serve our country. He looked around and he saw that things weren’t quite right in Washington, so he stood up and he decided he was going do his part to put our government back on the side of the people. And it took guts and it took a lot of hard work, but with grassroots support, Scott Brown carried the day. It has been so interesting now to watch the aftermath of the Massachusetts shout-out revolution.
    A “shout-out revolution” ain’t exactly Lexington and Concord; it’s 1994, not 1776. Palin certainly never called for secession or the overthrow of the government, regardless of Chris’ hissy fit last night on MS-NBC. Instead of getting thrills up his leg, Palin apparently sends something down his leg, but it’s not based on reality — it’s based on Matthews’ animosity towards anyone who opposes the man to whom he pledged allegiance.

Addendum: On another subject, John Ziegler responds to Nate Silver.

Update: The Right Scoop has another clip from the same segment in which Matthews calls Palin a fascist. Which is it — fascism, secession, “balloon-headism,” or what?

-The Gipper

Freakin NYSlimes... go away already gray lady..

Ignorance is Strength
    When it comes to Obama, the "New York Times" always looks on the bright side of life.

Let's play a game.

Let's say you conducted a poll with a fellow news organization. The poll found that the president's approval rating had fallen to 46 percent. The poll found that 56 percent of respondents did not believe the president had a plan to create jobs. The poll found that majorities disapprove of the president's handling of the economy, the deficit, and his signature initiative, comprehensive health reform. Moreover, the poll found that "fewer than one in ten Americans say members of Congress deserve reelection."

Would you title the article describing the poll results "Obama Has Edge Over G.O.P. Among the Public"? Because that's what the New York Times did.

Incidentally, you have to read to the end of the fifth paragraph to discover that Obama's approval rating is "as low it has been since he took office."

File this one under "Beyond Parody."

-The Gipper

Funny thing about moonbats... they always claim to not be exactly what they are. BTW... didya hear that Bamma says he's not an ideologue either...

Maddow's MSNBC Promo: 'I'm Not Trying To Push An Agenda'

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Funny thing about moonbats... they always claim to not be exactly what they are. BTW... didya hear that Bamma says he's not an ideologue either...

Maddow's MSNBC Promo: 'I'm Not Trying To Push An Agenda'

Just like Obama it’s a communications problem. She just needs to explain her position better and then everything will be peachy keeno.