Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2278

Re: No MSM bias to see here... move along..

I'm watching the O'Reilly Factor. Its always best when there's a guest host. Tonight its Juan Williams.

And yeah, he's firing off at NPR.

They clearly screwed the pooch on this one.

When you look at the net effect of the firing it's actually a promotion for Juan.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win XP Pro SP3 / MEPIS 8.0.15 / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    When you look at the net effect of the firing it's actually a promotion for Juan.
    I am betting that Juan, in the end, will come out Lilly White on this issue....
    -TMack

"Forgive everyone for everything"

^^^ The far left is making it a habit of turning the opposition into millionaires. First it was Sahara Palin and now Juan Williams.

What do I need to do to get in on some of that easy money?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I'm watching the O'Reilly Factor. Its always best when there's a guest host. Tonight its Juan Williams.

And yeah, he's firing off at NPR.

They clearly screwed the pooch on this one.
    Screwed it how? They won't get any conservatives to listen to them any more because Juan Williams isn't there? You canceling your membership to NPR as we speak Dutch?

Considering that federal funding covers approximately 1-3% of their budget every year, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^^ The far left is making it a habit of turning the opposition into millionaires. First it was Sahara Palin and now Juan Williams.

What do I need to do to get in on some of that easy money?
    Its easy tuck. Say a bunch of really stupid shit on TV, and then convince 1/3 of America that you are just like them and that they should buy your book.

BTW, it aint the liberals who made them rich....I doubt many liberals are dropping coin on her book.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Its easy tuck. Say a bunch of really stupid shit on TV, and then convince 1/3 of America that you are just like them and that they should buy your book.

BTW, it aint the liberals who made them rich....I doubt many liberals are dropping coin on her book.

Hey no problem I can easily do that it's a inherent talent . But you need to make sure the dems and MSM viscously and relentlessly attack me with all sorts of crazy stuff.

It’s the publicity and sympathy generated by the dems and MSM that is the key to the whole thing.

Hey no problem I can easily do that it's a inherent talent . But you need to make sure the dems and MSM viscously and relentlessly attack me with all sorts of crazy stuff.

It’s the publicity and sympathy generated by the dems and MSM that is the key to the whole thing.
    I never thought of it that way. I like to think it is Sarah Palin's stupidity that attracts so many stupid people to her

I never thought of it that way. I like to think it is Sarah Palin's stupidity that attracts so many stupid people to her
    its usually the far left that keeps paying her all the attention!

Considering that federal funding covers approximately 1-3% of their budget every year, I'm pretty sure they'll be fine.
    That's a false statement and you prolly know it. They might only directly get that much. But they also collect from their 'member stations"... the majority which also are pooblically funded. The NPR funding shell game is pretty well known. If they were truly left on their own.. they would fold faster then air amerika.... which Soros also mistakenly sunk millions into.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

This is the best info I could find on NPR funding from the wiki page:

In 2009, NPR revenues totaled $164 million, with the bulk of revenues coming from programming fees, grants, contributions and sponsorships.[14] According to the 2009 financial statement, about 40% of NPR revenues come from the fees it charges member stations to receive programming. Typically, NPR member stations raise funds through on-air pledge drives, corporate underwriting, and grants from state governments, universities, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. In 2009, member stations derived 6% of their revenue from local funding and 10% of their revenue from the federal funding in the form of CPB grants.[14][15] NPR receives no direct funding from the federal government.[16] About 1.5% of NPR's revenues come from Corporation for Public Broadcasting grants.

During the 1970s and early 1980s, the majority of NPR funding came from the federal government. Steps were taken during the 1980s to completely wean NPR from government support, but the 1983 funding crisis forced the network to make immediate changes. More money to fund the NPR network was raised from listeners, charitable foundations and corporations instead.

^^^ Well of course. If $90 million is one percent, then the other $8,910,000,000. comes from donations. Hmmm. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I don't remember the donation board going that high when they spent half an hour trying to auction off a thousand dollar (tax deductible to the donor) painting for a hundred and fifty bucks.

Its all funny money to these people.

Like ACORN and other liberal organizations that live on the government teet, they hide behind a complex web woven to make deniability an easy exercise... and they they run out the "direct" government funding denials.

By BD's example, we see how transparency of the government funds is like looking through obsidian.

If stupidity is the gauge there is no wonder why Obama and the democrats won the last election. It was blooming landslide of stupidity.

“Stupid is as stupid does”

Take the last 20 months of the current regime for example.

If stupidity is the gauge there is no wonder why Obama and the democrats won the last election. It was blooming landslide of stupidity.

“Stupid is as stupid does”

Take the last 20 months of the current regime for example.
    Hey, I'll agree that the media is what makes democrats stupid if you admit that it is Sarah Palin that makes republicans stupid