Page 639 of 730 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 10944

Re: Economic News/Discussion

If you like the Obama 9.00 an hour proposal..read this

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/02/a-c...precific-wage/

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Minimum Wage Thought Experiment #1

Bob works at the bank and makes $50,000 a year.

Miguel works at McDonalds and makes $7.25 a hour.

McDonalds sells hamburgers for $1 each. Bob likes McDonalds

Barack is the President and raises minimum wage to $9.

Miguel now makes $9 an hour.

McDonalds raises the price of the hamburgers to $1.50 because they have to pay Miguel and all his friends more.

Bob still makes $50,000 a year, but now has to pay $0.50 extra for his hamburgers.

So, who "lost" when the minimum wage raised?

Any positives gained by raising minimum wage is washed out by the loss of jobs at the low-end and the increase in the price of good and services for everybody.

Good illustration. All well and good to increase minimum wage but to think there isnt a hidden "cost" is being shortsighted.
    I think the effort is misplaced/misguided attempt to have some foolish "advertising slogan" for election time.

Dr. Charles on the Keystone Pipeline deal

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...seen-nro-staff

Obamaquester!!!

Or not....

The PowerPoint That Proves Itís Not Obamaís Sequester After All

Gotta to hand it to John Boehner. He has taken incompetence to levels even Nancy Pelosi couldn't have imagined achieving while she was speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Obamaquester!!!

Or not....

The PowerPoint That Proves It’s Not Obama’s Sequester After All

Gotta to hand it to John Boehner. He has taken incompetence to levels even Nancy Pelosi couldn't have imagined achieving while she was speaker.
    The point was it was the messiah's idea... not Congresses as the witless wonder has been claiming for some time now. Funny that when the same logic used in your article is applied to things from the GWB era like the Iraq war, you lefties scream bloody murder. Iraq was only GWB's idea. If it were not for all those (D) votes it.. woulda never happened. I know.. things are (D)ifferent now.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ What cracks me up is that the sequester is being portrayed as a bad thing by both sides. This country needs to wake up to the reality that we're broke, busted, out of dough.

That the country has to face a reality similar to California's releasing of prisoners because they can't afford to house them... well, hello!!!

The sequester isn't even a cut in spending. We'll still spend more tomorrow than today. The Democrats don't even have a budget, so how can they know who's getting it in the shorts this time?

Obama's just gaming this for the mid-term elections like he's doing with immigration... its just a game to these bass turds.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Down from *00 range. Everyone laughed way back when

Sep 13, 2004 106.63 108.41 106.46 107.50 3,926,000 107.50

Weekly Pink Slip Report

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

In the week ending February 16, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 362,000, an increase of 20,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 342,000. The 4-week moving average was 360,750, an increase of 8,000 from the previous week's revised average of 352,750.
    The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 2.4 percent for the week ending February 9, unchanged from the prior week's unrevised rate. The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment during the week ending February 9 was 3,148,000, an increase of 11,000 from the preceding week's revised level of 3,137,000. The 4-week moving average was 3,186,250, a decrease of 6,750 from the preceding week's revised average of 3,193,000.
    UNADJUSTED DATA
    The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 346,428 in the week ending February 16, a decrease of -14,758 from the previous week. There were 346,659 initial claims in the comparable week in 2012.
    The advance unadjusted insured unemployment rate was 2.8 percent during the week ending February 9, a decrease of 0.1 percentage point from the prior week's revised rate. The advance unadjusted number for persons claiming UI benefits in state programs totaled 3,648,864, a decrease of 18,188 from the preceding week's revised level of 3,667,052. A year earlier, the rate was 3.2 percent and the volume was 4,010,489.

11 states with more people on welfare than employed

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/201...than-employed/

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. Whatís the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    11 states with more people on welfare than employed

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/201...than-employed/

Last month, the Senate Budget Committee reports that in fiscal year 2011, between food stamps, housing support, child care, Medicaid and other benefits, the average U.S. household below the poverty line received $168.00 a day in government support. What’s the problem with that much support? Well, the median household income in America is just over $50,000, which averages out to $137.13 a day. To put it another way, being on welfare now pays the equivalent of $30.00 an hour for a 40-hour week, while the average job pays $25.00 an hour.
    I really miss the good old "horrible" days under GWB when 5% unemployment drew demands for an explanation from the left. Now we've been hovering around and over 8% for 4+ years, we've added $5 Trillion or so to the debt and 5+ million fewer people are in the workforce making the labor participation rate so low it's only rivaled by the great depression... and all I hear about now is the slow "recovery" we're having.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I really miss the good old "horrible" days under GWB when 5% unemployment drew demands for an explanation from the left. Now we've been hovering around and over 8% for 4+ years, we've added $5 Trillion or so to the debt and 5+ million fewer people are in the workforce making the labor participation rate so low it's only rivaled by the great depression... and all I hear about now is the slow "recovery" we're having.
    Yeah but Scoot, those people all had to work to make money! Now with BO in charge you can make more money by staying home and letting the government take care of you! It's a liberal's wet dream! I personally can't ever see this policy of a welfare state ever becoming a problem. I mean just look how great California is doing. Now you don't even have to try to get a higher paying job anymore. It's simple. You just go for a low paying job (under the table pay is even better!), and you sign up for as much "assistance" as possible. BO and Co. can then take credit for the fact that you are now no longer unemployed, and use that info to get re-elected by the sheeple. The fact that you're making half or less than what you were making when that nasty Scrooge Bush was in office is a moot point, because the gov. picks up the rest of your paycheck through tax credits, SNAP, and any other "benefits" you can pick up. Oh and remember all those taxes you had to pay at your old job? Well not any more. Now tax day is refund day! Now you can go out and buy that new flat screen so you can watch the only thing that matters to Americans. Football!!!! We be screwed.

Moto will not be updating the DroidX2 to ICS which is totally BS because it is fully capable of handling it. I think some people have installed ICS on Droid X2 phones, but I really don't know if it's true or how well it works. But I do know my next phone will NOT be a Motorola for that reason and that reason alone.

I have since installed the Eclipse ROM on my phone and it does run noticeably better in every measurable way, but it's still not a stable or reliable as my iPhone 3GS was.
    As for iOS, it's very easy to use, very stable and reliable. But all of that comes at the expense of limited functionality..... just my .02.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

My next phone will be an ObamaPhone...