Page 643 of 730 FirstFirst ... 143543593633639640641642643644645646647653693 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,645 of 10944
  1. #9631
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Truth is, he has already done that. Its tough to claim he can't or he won't when he already has.
    Of course its the truth. And of course because it is the truth that Obama has authorized the killing of US citizens abroad who were known terrorists, we get heap-fuls of wonderful conservative logic like we saw from Rand Paul on the floor of the Senate the other day.

    But hey, I'm a fear-mongerer because I pointed out that Paul Ryan has lied, and when called on being a liar, has lied about being a liar. Better stock up on ammo Dutch....the eebil left is out there pheer mongrin'.

  2. #9632
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Of course its the truth.
    Then you'll have to explain how saying so is "fear mongering". "Fear mongering" clearly is the suggestion that something nefarious might happen, not describing what already has, which you've done here.

    In other words, you're making a false argument. If you want to defend what happened, power to ya. I'd probably agree.

    I think you know that already and are simply grasping at straws.

    To your claim of Ryan being a liar, since we all know his honesty level far exceeds that of say, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, or any of your other favorites, its kind of a dumb position for you to teeter on. I'm a liar too. Told the wife I was painting the bathroom in a brown tone, changed my mind and painted it grey. Liar, liar, I am, I am.

    But I get it. You want to play the Boosh/Kerry game. Liar, liar, flip flopper.

  3. #9633
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Then you'll have to explain how saying so is "fear mongering". "Fear mongering" clearly is the suggestion that something nefarious might happen, not describing what already has, which you've done here.
    So its exactly like what Rand Paul did on the Senate floor the other day. Lots of hyperbole, lots of innuendo, lots of suggestion of something bad that might happen....suggestion that Obama would say, bomb you with a drone because have too many guns, or say, bomb you because you donated to the wrong political party.
    In other words, you're making a false argument. If you want to defend what happened, power to ya. I'd probably agree.
    I'm arguing that calling Paul Ryan a flip flopping douchebag is not fear mongering, because that is what I was told I was doing by another conservative in the forum.
    I think you know that already and are simply grasping at straws.
    I think the original point is completely lost.

    To your claim of Ryan being a liar, since we all know his honesty level far exceeds that of say, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, or any of your other favorites, its kind of a dumb position for you to teeter on.
    Funniest thing I've read all day, but please do go on....

    I'm a liar too. Told the wife I was painting the bathroom in a brown tone, changed my mind and painted it grey. Liar, liar, I am, I am.
    Yeah but the difference between you and Ryan....when your wife found out it was grey, I bet you didn't spend much time trying to convince her that you had never intended to paint it brown in the first place. You changed your mind and you owned up to it.

    But I get it. You want to play the Boosh/Kerry game. Liar, liar, flip flopper.
    Well yeah, its fun.

  4. #9634
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,614

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Truth is, he has already done that. Its tough to claim he can't or he won't when he already has.

    Why bother with the truth the Obambi lovers Can’t Handle the Truth.






  5. #9635
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    LOL. Ok Scoot. Left says Paul Ryan is a flip-flopping douchebag. Right says Obama can vaporize US citizens. And the left is fear mongering, and the right is a super duper serial group who we should take uber super duper serial.

    I think you should look up the definition of fear mongering....then re-listen to what Rand Paul said on the Senate floor the other day during his 11 hour filibuster, and then get back to me.
    You call Ryan's rhetoric, which pales in comparison to the floppin of your own personal geebus in the WH... "criminal".

    You said GITMO is an affront to humanity.. habeas corpus.. rule of law.. shreddin' the constitution!

    You have diddly sqwat to say about your messiah hand picking and vaporizing US citizens and their kids... well until it's brought up. Then ur just fine with it..

    Lets just say those 3 positions should not exist in the same personality were there a shred of real conviction to any of them. Yet here you are.

    oh... and Rand Paul said sumtin'



    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  6. #9636
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Why bother with the truth the Obambi lovers Can’t Handle the Truth.






    Truth is they got bought off cheap and simply cannot admit it. After all, they've always been told how smart they are compared to their political opposites. They would rather belly up and eat what bamma's shovelin' with both fists..


    than admit they got fooled twice.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  7. #9637
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    You call Ryan's rhetoric, which pales in comparison to the floppin of your own personal geebus in the WH... "criminal".
    A matter of opinion I guess.
    You said GITMO is an affront to humanity.. habeas corpus.. rule of law.. shreddin' the constitution!
    Well I have a whopping two posts in the GITMO thread Scooter. Maybe you should re-read them before you start spewing out what you remember about what I said.

    You have diddly sqwat to say about your messiah hand picking and vaporizing US citizens and their kids... well until it's brought up. Then ur just fine with it..
    Because I don't have a problem with a president ordering the death of terrorists on the field of battle. Didn't have a problem with it with Dubya. Don't have a problem with it now. I certainly don't like the idea of the president having the power to target US citizend with drones on US soil, but I'm also realistic enough to chalk that up to "chances are similar that I'll be struck by lightning."

    Lets just say those 3 positions should not exist in the same personality were there a shred of real conviction to any of them. Yet here you are.
    Lets just say based upon who you worship I won't take your word on what you think is a shred of real conviction, mmmmkay.

    oh... and Rand Paul said sumtin'
    I think he said sumthin about bein' careful what you say so the evil Obama drone army doesn't come lookin fer ya.

  8. #9638
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Tictoc in regular forum I see. The only the only "reasonable" people you see are the ones willing to go nobama's way.. go figure. The hive speaks.
    No, I see you are in regular form. Name calling, disrespect of a position by minimizing it through dismissive terms, and smiley faces. Reasonable people in politics know it takes compromise and a willingness to come to a table. I don't expect Obama's way if this occurs.

    More importantly, my point that your opening salvo was designed to sidestep, was that the your GOP party is in disarray at this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Wanna mince words about a "balanced" budget? Table it.
    Mince words? Naw. You brought the words balanced budget up and called it criminal that Obama hasn't submitted a balanced budget. Criminal. Your words. And another sidestepping dance from you when I gave you the facts about who didn't balance a budget in his eight years, and how balanced budgets are transitioned. Was it criminal then too, lol?


    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    I'd be happy with a budget period at this point 5 years without one.
    5 years? Interesting math since Obama has only had to submit 4 budgets at this time: 2010-2013. Oh yeah, that Bush problem again. He never signed off on his 2009 budget, knowing full well how crappy the the economy was and how the rightwing would have short term memory loss and blame the Democrat for his doings. BTW, Obama has done what the law states. He has presented a budget proposal for each of his years in office.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    But hey.. who on the left is counting any more anyhoo. The only reason we have a recession rivaling anything is because your boy god had no clue how to deal with a recession. Many presidents.. including GWB were handed recessions. They managed to come back without 6+ million people permanently outta the workforce and more people on gubberment assistance than any other time in history. But GWB is the dumb one.
    Really? This was just another recession? Banks failing? TARP bailouts? An aging workforce and jobs going overseas? Pretty simple viewpoint you harbor there. Too simple. Way too simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Of course all this is mishmashed in with your spin that I'm looking for "perfection" while you readily gloss over what an absolutely abysmal failure your messiah is by any measure.
    Talk about spin and mishmash over a simple response to two points. Great example of projecting as usual. As to what you think, that abysmal failure shtick we've gotten from you daily over the years... my point exactly. That measuring stick of perfection where it never existed during the Bush years. Thanks, I've hear it repeatedly complete with the "funny" pictures of shit on a plate that goes with that hairy balls avatar of yours.

    Have your last word, scooter. I'm sure it will bring many more interesting heartfelt topics into the mix.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  9. #9639
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    12,925

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Elvis is in the house.

  10. #9640
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I blame bush for obama's failure to pass a budget.
    Did not bother to read past the fact you posted at all. Bet I'm spot on in the adjustment anyway, you little green squirrels are an easy lot to predict.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  11. #9641
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    12,925

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Especially when all they have in the toy chest is a stale "Blame Bush" Token...

  12. #9642
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: Economic News/Discussion


  13. #9643
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,285

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Absolutely no chance at all of this leading to a run on the banks. People are stashing our their money! How dare they!
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  14. #9644
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    12,925

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    ^ Prolly more fallout from the Bush Years in the White House - he really screwed things up.

  15. #9645
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    20,453

    Re: Economic News/Discussion

    The federal fiscal year begins on Oct. 1 and runs through Sept. 30. In the first five months of fiscal 2012 (October through February), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement, total federal spending was approximately $1,473,999,000,000.00. In the first five months of fiscal 2013, total federal spending was $1,504,547,000,000.00.

    Thus, federal spending was $30,548,000,000.00 more in the first five months of fiscal 2013 than it was during the first five months of fiscal 2012.
    If we continue to reduce federal spending like this, Barrack Obama will be correct in his claim that we don't have a debt problem.

    Yeppers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •