Page 646 of 730 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 10944

Re: Economic News/Discussion

If you're as confused as I am about whether we're celebrating Easter, or like Google says, Cesar Chavez's birthday, and want some head spinning economic history with your coffee, here's a good read: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/op...=1&ref=opinion

Ya know what I DON'T like about Easter? NASCAR takes the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    If you're as confused as I am about whether we're celebrating Easter, or like Google says, Cesar Chavez's birthday, and want some head spinning economic history with your coffee, here's a good read: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/op...=1&ref=opinion

I have not read a TYSlimes article in some time.. that one leans pretty far to one side as well but ain't as horrible as their usual fare.

They've come a long way..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^ I got a kick out of their competing headlines:

- Median Household Income Down 7.3% Since Start of Recession

- Reports Show Income Is Up, and So Is Spending

I see the extreme right is pissed at google on twichy, lol. Some priceless comments that parrot what you wrote minus the NASCAR expression.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I see the extreme right is pissed at google on twichy, lol. Some priceless comments that parrot what you wrote minus the NASCAR expression.
    Extreme right? I think its Christians. Maybe they're one and the same in your eyes, I dunno. Or maybe on Twitchy its not as inclusive.

I just learned that I share a Birthday with Cesar Chaves.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

So says the Extreme Left...

Extreme right? I think its Christians. Maybe they're one and the same in your eyes, I dunno. Or maybe on Twitchy its not as inclusive.
    Sure Dutch, maybe Twitchy is a Christian site now, so maybe I see the Christians as belonging to the extreme right. That's a lot of maybes absent the fact that Malkin's site is known as a tweeter of extreme right views. Also absent is a traditionally conservative view that corporations can do what they wish without regulation. Free from rule, be it a hot headed mob or the government. I did have fun reading through the rants about the lack of Easter on google while they argued about bing's use of eggs instead of the savior lord.

In spite of all the maybes you throw, I'll focus on the fact that all Christian churches successfully celebrated the day and this was nothing to me but another ridiculous rage topic and the tweeters don't represent a faith outside of an extreme view that their religion needs to be celebrated by private corporations in order to be respected.
    Last edited by otoc; 04-01-2013 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Auto spell sucks
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

I'm guessing we'll see a "War on Easter" piece from O'Reilly tonight.

Because Obama.

Because Freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    I'm guessing we'll see a "War on Easter" piece from O'Reilly tonight.

Because Obama.

Because Freedom.
    Again? From the guy who petitioned the Catholic Church to throw out his ex wife? Mr faith needs some forgiveness scripture lessons and less learning from the Taliban.

Sure Dutch, maybe Twitchy is a Christian site now, so maybe I see the Christians as belonging to the extreme right. That's a lot of maybes absent the fact that Malkin's site is known as a tweeter of extreme right views. Also absent is a traditionally conservative view that corporations can do what they wish without regulation. Free from rule, be it a hot headed mob or the government. I did have fun reading through the rants about the lack of Easter on google while they argued about bing's use of eggs instead of the savior lord.

In spite of all the maybes you throw, I'll focus on the fact that all Christian churches successfully celebrated the day and this was nothing to me but another ridiculous rage topic and the tweeters don't represent a faith outside of an extreme view that their religion needs to be celebrated by private corporations in order to be respected.
    Your definitive analysis is once again _______.

Your definitive analysis is once again _______.
    Really Dutch? And yours was what? You chose "participation" on a topic and threw out an Alinsky illusion of Easter and Chavez as meaning something to you. You get called on it with facts, respond with maybes and now simply throw my view off as ridiculous or something like that and nothing else said. You couldnt even finish your statement for some reason, leaving it up to us to fill in the blank. Excellent Alinsky response. No wonder you guys focus on him. He seems to be your new guide to discussion of topics with these types of nonexistent responses. Good job.

Really Dutch? And yours was what? You chose "participation" on a topic and threw out an Alinsky illusion of Easter and Chavez as meaning something to you. You get called on it with facts, respond with maybes and now simply throw my view off as ridiculous or something like that and nothing else said. You couldnt even finish your statement for some reason, leaving it up to us to fill in the blank. Excellent Alinsky response. No wonder you guys focus on him. He seems to be your new guide to discussion of topics with these types of nonexistent responses. Good job.
    Is this how you want to spend the day after Chavez's birthday?

Shame, shame, Mr. GotFactsFromTwitchy.

Is this how you want to spend the day after Chavez's birthday?

Shame, shame, Mr. GotFactsFromTwitchy.
    No mr Alinsky, I would have preferred a discussion on your bringing up the topic of google and Easter but apparently you are unable. I'm done.

Again? From the guy who petitioned the Catholic Church to throw out his ex wife? Mr faith needs some forgiveness scripture lessons and less learning from the Taliban.
    You throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is bound to stick.

Though building on Dutch's point, I'm thinking we could start a rumor that communist liberals plotted to have Easter on Chavez' birthday. If we expound upon it further, I'm sure we could convince them that the liberals took away their NASCAR too