Good hi-def movies

So what are your guys fav high def movies? Seems like we're better off with watching/recording high def movies on sattelite/fiber/cable recievers/tuners, than purchasing hd dvd/blu ray discs. Everywhere I look I see only a limited selection of HD/Blu Ray content.

The only HD/Blu movie that I think would look great in HD that I've seen so far is blackhawk down. Theres a bunch of other movies available on hd dvd and blu ray disc but none of them seem interesting or even recent (unless i'm just looking in the wrong places)

I've yet to see a high def version of gladiator on either broadcast or commercial release. I bet that would look amazing.

Re: Good hi-def movies

I saw Finding Nemo like 2 years ago when we first got our HD plasma tv. It was on ABC, and holy chirstmas superman it looked amazing.

Seen a few other movies since then on the HD channel, but wow...finding nemo was incredible

Crank on my 360. Dled off XBL. It was nice.

Fight club, Xmen 3, Chronicles of Riddiick, Matrix, Alien v Predator, Doom...

All watched in the last few weeks and all i can say is awesome (except doom which imho is crap). All were 720p...

I never saw doom, how bad was it? I mean, lets say you have no expectations at all. Is it even entertaining?

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    I never saw doom, how bad was it? I mean, lets say you have no expectations at all. Is it even entertaining?
    its worth the 5 minutes of 'gameplay' action it shows i wont say more to spoil those 5 minutes but yeah, they(5 minutes) are awsome and if u like first person shooters u might even wet ya pantz watching them(5minutes)

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

I guess it was just too cheesey and it lost my attention pretty quick. I think i must've misunderstood the game completely as i had some preconcieved expectations of the movie. In all im sure i only saw the bfg fired once near the end of the movie and it was a bad shot at that and the overall script and plot misses far too many oportunities to explore the games original environment. I guess if you've got nothing better to do than read random rants on pcper then it might be worth watching...

...once

Well, Doom was never exactly plot-driven to begin with. But if its got some spectacular action, Ill still watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by -=SparX=- View Post
    Xmen 3
    Now that would be something to have the whole x-men trilogy available in high def or blu ray. The mission impossible trilogy is 99$, which may seem a bit much but if the X trilogy was in hd id pay that.

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    its worth the 5 minutes of 'gameplay' action it shows i wont say more to spoil those 5 minutes but yeah, they(5 minutes) are awsome and if u like first person shooters u might even wet ya pantz watching them(5minutes)
    Not sure how stupid people are gonna think I am, but Doom is the only movie I saw twice in theaters for that exact reason...

Well, Doom was never exactly plot-driven to begin with. But if its got some spectacular action, Ill still watch it.
    Doom 3 was, and it was more based on Doom 3 because everything happened on Mars, not its moons phobos and deimos. If the Doom movie woulda stuck more to the story of Doom 3 (regarding characters and stuff) it might have actually been good.
    Last edited by Snyper; 07-22-2007 at 10:48 AM.

Crank on my 360. Dled off XBL. It was nice.
    I LOVE Jason Statham (sp?) but holy lord that was a bad movie. It was not nice :P

I found it very entertaining and funny.

300 is out on Blu Ray, HD DVD (and I think DVD too) in the US at the end of July.

I've ordered the HD DVD version, which includes the DVD and has better extras than the Blu Ray apparantly.

King Kong looks great in hi def. The fight with the two T-Rexs is awsome. I know some people don't like the film, but I thought it was ok. Better than the 1970's remake anyway.