WIW: My rig.....

Just like the title says. I plan on buying a laptop to replace my current computer. I use it as a gaming PC.

-AMD 3000+ (OCed to 2.5ghz)
    -Epox 9NPA7I nForce 4x
    -2gigs RAM 3200 (1xCorsairXMS,1xKingston HyperX, 2x Corsair Value)
    -2x 80gig WD80JB HDDs configured in Raid1 Mirror array
    -200gig Maxtor HDD
    -nVidia Geforce 6600 GPU w/256mb RAM
    -Sound Blaster Live 5.1!
    -Linksys WirelessG PCI
    -NEC 3502 DVDRW
    -Samsung CDRW
    -Ahanix BlackKnight Case
    -ThermalTake 430watt PSU
    -Legal XP Pro license

This system runs GREAT. I have been able to overclock the RAM (up to 220mhz), and CPU (up to 2.5ghz) without a problem. The PSU is powerful enough to handle a card like a Sapphire 1950GT which is what I planned on getting, but changed my mind as I'll explain later. The CPU is cooled by an Asus Chiller HSF which is very quiet.

This PC is capable of running Oblivion, and STALKER at mid-low settings (playable).

The reason I'm selling it is because I'm going back to school to study Civil Engineering. It is a demanding degree and I've been systematically selling off all of my videogames and all I'm left with are my PC games and PS2 games. The PC games are prohibiting me from concentrating on AutoCAD. SO, I'm looking for a laptop that is capable of handling AutoCAD as well as some light games (but I have my PS2, which I enjoy playing). I just need to get my priorities straight and by getting rid of the things that prevent me from doing it helps out a lot.

I'm hoping to sell the PC as a whole so that it can help with paying for my laptop.

I'm hoping to get at least $400 from it. Is that way too low? I'm willing to throw in most of my PC Games.
    Last edited by madhatter256; 07-30-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Re: WIW: My rig.....

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter256 View Post
    Just like the title says. I plan on buying a laptop to replace my current computer. I use it as a gaming PC.

-AMD 3000+ (OCed to 2.5ghz) 30
    -Epox 9NPA7I nForce 4x 40
    -2gigs RAM 3200 (1xCorsairXMS,1xKingston HyperX, 2x Corsair Value) 100
    -2x 80gig WD80JB HDDs configured in Raid1 Mirror array 40
    -200gig Maxtor HDD 45
    -nVidia Geforce 6600 GPU w/256mb RAM 40
    -Sound Blaster Live 5.1! 25
    -Linksys WirelessG PCI 15
    -NEC 3502 DVDRW 25
    -Samsung CDRW 5
    -Ahanix BlackKnight Case 20
    -ThermalTake 430watt PSU 25
    -Legal XP Pro license 50

This system runs GREAT. I have been able to overclock the RAM (up to 220mhz), and CPU (up to 2.5ghz) without a problem. The PSU is powerful enough to handle a card like a Sapphire 1950GT which is what I planned on getting, but changed my mind as I'll explain later. The CPU is cooled by an Asus Chiller HSF which is very quiet.

This PC is capable of running Oblivion, and STALKER at mid-low settings (playable).

The reason I'm selling it is because I'm going back to school to study Civil Engineering. It is a demanding degree and I've been systematically selling off all of my videogames and all I'm left with are my PC games and PS2 games. The PC games are prohibiting me from concentrating on AutoCAD. SO, I'm looking for a laptop that is capable of handling AutoCAD as well as some light games (but I have my PS2, which I enjoy playing). I just need to get my priorities straight and by getting rid of the things that prevent me from doing it helps out a lot.

I'm hoping to sell the PC as a whole so that it can help with paying for my laptop.

I'm hoping to get at least $400 from it. Is that way too low? I'm willing to throw in most of my PC Games.

the psu is ok for a low end card but i wouldnt stress it too much

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Well now that I started classes today I'm more serious about getting a laptop.

Selling the PC will help a lot.
    Last edited by madhatter256; 08-22-2007 at 12:18 AM.

ya I agree $400 is about right, the drives and the 2 gb ram up the value, otherwise it would be about 300. would sell the games separately, what titles do you have ?