Thread: Xbox 360

Xbox 360

What would an Xbox 360 that is a little over a year old, with two wireless controllers, play and charge kit, and Gears of War go for?

This Xbox has not had any problems. It's the one with the 20gb HDD.

I'm not selling it, however my coworker is and I was intrested in maybe purchasing it. I want to know what a fair price would be.

Thanks!

Re: Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    What would an Xbox 360 that is a little over a year old, with two wireless controllers, play and charge kit, and Gears of War go for?

This Xbox has not had any problems. It's the one with the 20gb HDD.

I'm not selling it, however my coworker is and I was intrested in maybe purchasing it. I want to know what a fair price would be.
    Some things to keep in mind before you make your decision: 1) all SKUs will receive an official price drop on August 8; as such, the Premium should retail for ~$349, 2) all Xbox 360s manufactured before July of this year have a design flaw inherent in its architecture which makes it susceptible to failure, i.e. chances are good that you're likely to receive the RROD during the course of its life, and 3) although MS has extended its warranty to three years from the date of purchase, I don't know if the warranty is transferable if the unit should change ownership. These are the very reasons that I've held off on a 360 purchase until later in the year, when older stock should be cleared from the shelves and systems based on the newer 'Falcon' architecture (which includes the 65nm CPU) take their place.

If I were in your shoes, I would decline the offer and wait for the newer builds. I don't believe in buying used or refurbished consoles (or any electronics, for that matter), but that's me. Your friend's console may be trouble-free for now, but I won't bet on that being the case during the next 2-3 years. Reliability has been the 360's Achilles heel since its launch, but I'm hoping that will change with the 'Falcon' builds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
    Some things to keep in mind before you make your decision: 1) all SKUs will receive an official price drop on August 8; as such, the Premium should retail for ~$349, 2) all Xbox 360s manufactured before July of this year have a design flaw inherent in its architecture which makes it susceptible to failure, i.e. chances are good that you're likely to receive the RROD during the course of its life, and 3) although MS has extended its warranty to three years from the date of purchase, I don't know if the warranty is transferable if the unit should change ownership. These are the very reasons that I've held off on a 360 purchase until later in the year, when older stock should be cleared from the shelves and systems based on the newer 'Falcon' architecture (which includes the 65nm CPU) take their place.

If I were in your shoes, I would decline the offer and wait for the newer builds. I don't believe in buying used or refurbished consoles (or any electronics, for that matter), but that's me. Your friend's console may be trouble-free for now, but I won't bet on that being the case during the next 2-3 years. Reliability has been the 360's Achilles heel since its launch, but I'm hoping that will change with the 'Falcon' builds.
    Thanks for the input.

The reason I was considering it is because I thought I could get a decent deal.
    I am still thinking of getting a PS3, but they are so expensive.

well if u get it for 100 bucks i wouldnt worry

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    well if u get it for 100 bucks i wouldnt worry
    I don't think he would sell it that cheap. For $100 I would do it even after the good input from PrivatePixel.

I gotta agree, I sold my 360 to a friend for cheap (200 plus games) and it was slightly less than a year old. It died within 2 weeks of him owning it , granted it saw more gaming them I did on it for awhile, and it was under warrenty so M$ replaced it, but it was a hassle. Buy new as I havn't had problems with either of my 360s i've bought new.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I am still thinking of getting a PS3, but they are so expensive.
    In light of the recent price drop on the 60GB model, when compared with the Xbox 360 Elite, I think the PS3 is a better long-term deal, when you factor in annual subscription fees for the Live service. Granted, the Xbox Live service is more mature and, feature-for-feature, a better overall online service than Sony's at the moment, PlayStation Home has the potential to be a viable alternative....with time (plus, it's free). The videophile in me is content with the equipped Blu-ray drive and its playback quality, and functionality is always improving through regular firmware updates. It offers interconnectivity with my PSP. Sony settled their lawsuit with Immersion, and the rumble feature should return soon in future SIXAXIS controllers. Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3 will support K/M controls, as well as mods. The only thing it's lacking is Halo 3, but with UT3 and Killzone 2 on the way, I don't think the Halo franchise will be missed by PS3 owners (although I pre-ordered the Legendary Edition, chances are I'll be spending the bulk of my time on UT3 because I'm a diehard UT fan).