Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brisbane Overclock! First shot!

So I started my over clocking adventure today. I played around a bit and got to these numbers. I am SHOCKED at how low the temps are with the Stock HSF and TIM.

How am I doing? Any suggestions? It held up to Prime 95 for 4 hours on the settings its on now!

Re: Brisbane Overclock! First shot!

Pop in a memory divider and crank it up. Your just playing so far

The temps probably are not being read correctly. Look for a new bios that supports the 65nm if it's a problem for you.

Thanks for starting this thread, I've been curious about how these chips OC.
    Last edited by TheGlasMan; 08-30-2007 at 10:53 PM.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

just a suggestion, but you might want to lower your HT multiplier down a notch to 4 or even 3.
    Just to remove it from being a limiting factor.
    Electronic Smoke Signals From my "Techno Teepee"
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
    AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5142Mhz [21x244] 1.536v
    Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=53c
    32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
    ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.6 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
    SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

lower all possible things including cpu multi, and loo khow well the bus plays. add voltage when necessary then pop the multi up. with some juice i see u i nthe 3 gig range meaning ure hitting c2d 6600 speeds or a bit more mebe

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Ok, well i'm running into problems. Anytime I lower the Multi from 5 to 4 or 3, using a moderate FSB, it won't post. Well... i get to the BIOS ID screen at which point it tells me to go back into the BIOS and adjust my CPU frequency. I used the CD that came with the MOBO to get a more accurate temp reading. I'm not at 38C idle, and 46-48C at full load on the stock HSF. But I want to get more out of it. I haven't messed with the VCore yet. Should I? I need some help here, but please be gentle... i'm pretty new to this and have never used a board with so many overclocking features.

TIA

Rob

did you end up with the biostar 7025?

are you using the onboard video?

ud

Yeah, Biostar 7025 and I am using the onboard video for now. I would like to get a new Video card, but I think I want to stick with PCIE and I have no clue what is good. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 on my other rig, and that frankly is more than enough. I'm not much of a gamer, as a matter of fact the only relatively new game I own is F.E.A.R. Other than that I'm an Unreal 2003 kinda guy. What video card would you suggest? I would like to stay under $100 considering I am not into gaming

not my field because i don't game at all.

i asked because somewhere around 270-280 htt you'll more than likely start artifacting. so for the minute the 9.5 multi is the best bet for oc'n.

ud

Oh i see, so using the onboard video is limiting my over clocking?

will limit, the last i saw was 9.5x250. i have 2 biostar micro that do that and most others do.

have you tried using clockgen? much easier than the bios when finding the limits of the cpu.

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

i use superpi mod to do a quick stress test. usually it will bust out 5- 10 htt above a stable overclock. that's when i'm using clockgen in windows.

http://www.xtremesystems.com/pi/

for the moment with the stock cooler, 270-280 will be your max anyway.

ud

Clockgen doesn't support my motherboard, and frankly, i'm not sure I trust a software overclock anyways. I will continue to mess around. But I need to look for a new cooler.

we only use clockgen in the testing stage, not for the long run. since it's not supported it's all moot anyway.

always somethin' new to get.

back to your choice of a vid card and not needing anything really top of the line. i usually am happy with something that will do milk drops in winamp well.

i'm off to bed.

ud

100 bucks? go for a x1950pro used. lowest i snatched soem for was 75 a couple months ago or a 7900gs they tend to be cheep too but stick with the ati if possible. also because ure mobo doesnt do sli
    dan

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    100 bucks? go for a x1950pro used. lowest i snatched soem for was 75 a couple months ago or a 7900gs they tend to be cheep too but stick with the ati if possible. also because ure mobo doesnt do sli
    dan
    You and you SLI... I could say again that this computer is not a gaming rig... but that would just be redundant. Anyways, I will look into what you suggested. Here comes the NOOB comment/question... the Board has an NVIDIA chipset, and you think I should use ATI? That is strange to me, but i don't know much about video cards

yes,resistance is futile come time a year from now to sell the puter, dro pa second card to make it look better and youll thank ole dan..wait, u dont/cant do sli

video card doesnt matter.usually its new agp cards that dont or have issues working with older chipsets.

of no board