Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Ran spybot, adaware, now can't access ONE SITE

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Sorry I didn't jump into this thread yesterday. I read it but ran out of time. Everything I was going to suggest has already been suggested. Good to see you've got good help so far

The traceroute shows the last hop (that site) is blocked/timing out. The fact that it's making it all the way to the last hop makes me think that the site name itself is blocked. Do you have a software firewall (eg. ZoneAlarm) and/or some other antispyware or pop-up blocker (like Jimz suggested the antiphising thing)? If so, you might like to disable those and try again.

The fact that the ping and traceroute also can't complete indicates that it's not the browser at fault. Windows is working on other sites, and the HOSTS file is empty so it seems to me that the site has been blocked by some other software. It's vaguely possible that it's been blacklisted by your ISP, but I imagine they ISP would have mentioned it. Can you reach www.inmotionhosting.com?
    edit: MJ - THANKS for editing my info above...
    i am truly amazed at how great you guys are...
    as my last post says, all is fixed. and you are right on target. i was blocked, by the host. they don't know how or when but it has been fixed.
    i am still curious about the link that they gave me whatismyip.com

i see it is ip, not isp... what is the difference? this was the breakthrough giving webhost my ip.
    Last edited by cjinca; 09-08-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjinca View Post
    music playing... not sure if this should be a death march or the kind you hear at mardi gras or what... but...
    IT'S FIXED!!!
    my isp was blocked... reply from webhost was: The ip address *** was blocked in our firewall due to too many connections to the website. Was this user connecting to the site multiple times or working on the website, or is this person a normal user? Sometimes the ip's are blocked on accident by a system administrator. I'm not able to tell why the block was put into place, but if it does happen again, we can track down exactly what caused it.

THANK YOU GUYS AT PCP SO MUCH!!!
    kudos, kudos, kudos!!!
    Well good. Remember us when Ed McMahon delivers the check for 15 MILLION dollars.

Go figure. Firewall issue. My second guess.

Come back and visit next time you want to work us over!!

And good luck.

Good on the Forum mods and CMB.

I would never have guessed that it was going to be the site itself blocking your IP. That's a pretty rare scenario! LOL Glad you got it sorted Great to see tips flowing in from all directions too. That's the sort of stuff that keeps me coming back to this site too, mate People here care.

yeah, and really for you whizzes, brains, whatever... you really can't get in my shoes on this issue at least, and realize just how much i really appreciated knowing i wasn't alone in this.

i really do depend on that site right now, and not knowing all the ends and outs of computer technology, i was pretty well screwed without help.

and knowing that made me crazy, so yall kept me from 'crazy' till we got to the bottom of it... so really, thanks SO MUCH!!

my husband thanks you too, he just doesn't know it... he would if yall hadn't been there.

Thanks for the "thank you" note to everyone in the off topic forum.
    It was much appreciated.

Wow I am so sorry I missed all the fun~

Glad it got resolved. Had I been there this is what I would have said after the post about your host.file being empty:

This sounds to me like either a dns problem with your ISP not being able to resolve the correct IP address. Did you not say that the website was new or has/had moved? Its possible that your ISP has not yet updated their DNS to contain the new IP of the website you want to go to.

Or is sounds like either YOUR isp has blocked the connection or the website has blocked your connection.

THEN: The anonymizer site was to determine if it was something blocking on your computer. Which it obviously wasnt.

I did not visit the site you were trying to go to but it appears to me that the administrators of the Hosting company have something setup wrong. Are you an administrator at the site you were trying to get to? Or do you often have thier website open with multiple browser windows? The email response you got suggests that the webhosting company that the website you were trying to visit will block your IP for having too many open connections or too many valid sessions. But in actuallity what should happen is the webhost should invalidate and old session from the same IP or, allow it. I think PcPer automatically invalidates a session if you log in twice. Which means it will ask you to log in again if you try to post something. This may be greek to you but maybe you can get an idea of what happend.

Sorry I wasnt here to help and I realize that this is now ' after the fact '

Cheers.

Hey. The op was asking for you and thats a nice thing to do.
    I like reading that stuff.
    You were/are here in spirit.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah View Post
    Wow I am so sorry I missed all the fun~

Glad it got resolved. Had I been there this is what I would have said after the post about your host.file being empty:

This sounds to me like either a dns problem with your ISP not being able to resolve the correct IP address. Did you not say that the website was new or has/had moved? Its possible that your ISP has not yet updated their DNS to contain the new IP of the website you want to go to.

Or is sounds like either YOUR isp has blocked the connection or the website has blocked your connection.

THEN: The anonymizer site was to determine if it was something blocking on your computer. Which it obviously wasnt.

I did not visit the site you were trying to go to but it appears to me that the administrators of the Hosting company have something setup wrong. Are you an administrator at the site you were trying to get to? Or do you often have thier website open with multiple browser windows? The email response you got suggests that the webhosting company that the website you were trying to visit will block your IP for having too many open connections or too many valid sessions. But in actuallity what should happen is the webhost should invalidate and old session from the same IP or, allow it. I think PcPer automatically invalidates a session if you log in twice. Which means it will ask you to log in again if you try to post something. This may be greek to you but maybe you can get an idea of what happend.

Sorry I wasnt here to help and I realize that this is now ' after the fact '

Cheers.
    Hey Yeah...
    Glad you caught the thank you, cuz you really were one of the best 'hand holders'. And you REALLY were on target...
    I actually do follow your line of thought and I do think that is exactly what was happening... I would be searching threads, answering others, and at times, had several windows opened at a time. No, I am not an administrator, just too dang active... chillin' out today.
    Again, thanks for EVERYTHING... yall remember, at times you provide more than just computer support... especially during the 'try this, try that period'. Moral support is priceless. Hope it comes back to all of you when you need it.
    cj
    EDIT!! YIKES, I won't hit backspace, but... i TOLD yall that my brain ain't firing right... I recognized the YEAH/wolf... and DID remember all the great advice (and tlc) you gave the week before...
    and yes, you are/were right on target in this post. even if you weren't part of the insanity thread, fix from #%$, whatever you want to call it... it was a ride for sure. woohooo...
    Last edited by cjinca; 09-10-2007 at 07:50 PM.

^^[jimz makes "adjustments" to Yeah's profile and "doubles"...yes "doubles" his phonebook thickness annual "raise"]

Nice of you to say. There should be more of that in this world

jz

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    ^^[jimz makes "adjustments" to Yeah's profile and "doubles"...yes "doubles" his phonebook thickness annual "raise"]

Nice of you to say. There should be more of that in this world

jz
    i like puzzles???
    i have hit reply, back page several times, re-reading this reply of yours and i conclude that probably YEAH gets it, or other regulars... but what the heck are you saying???

unless you'd have to kill me afterwards... then, just ignore.

Its an old joke. Nobody gets paid here. Mods...nobody.
    So the joke is .."want your annual raise?"..."stand on this phonebook"

And my dark humor is to extend the same joke to members I like as sort a sign that Im enjoying what they are doing....

Its an old joke. Nobody gets paid here. Mods...nobody.
    So the joke is .."want your annual raise?"..."stand on this phonebook"

And my dark humor is to extend the same joke to members I like as sort a sign that Im enjoying what they are doing....
    you know, when i worked, it was with the emotionally disturbed kids/teens. lots of learning curves, though some were off the charts bright.

i must confess, each time i have come to this site with a new question, my heart beats a bit faster, palms a bit damp, as i 'know' the geeks are gonna have a real hard time coming down to my level...

i don't know if i just have you real well trained by this point, or if you are a natural at dealing with dumbies, but you are GOOD!

I kinda think most folks have heard (AND remember) the joke/saying and could have pulled that from your gibbly-gook... but NO, not me... arghhh and thanks...

All the guys here are good. Im surrounded by the brightest characters and its just amazing. Been here for a long while and Im still amazed how good the guys are at their specialties.

So now he's on six digits? Cool.

cjinca, as Jimz and CMB have already said, we all appreciate the thanks - and thanks to you for that (even thought I didn't help much in this thread) It's nice to get feedback and as you've probably guessed, it's our pleasure to help people