Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Re: Columbia Students Eagerly Anticipate Ahmadinejad Speech

Yes logic.

http://www2.irna.com/en/news/view/li...5280163119.htm

Nothing more logical than some guy flying thru the sky....
    and the 72 virgins is another realistic dream...like all the homosexuals suddenly taken
    by aliens.

Logic Course: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/russell/

As clear as yesterday? I recall my first reading of Russell.
    My brain went "woof" and I still bark.

Russell got me back into math. And I still enjoy it and try to keep up to
    this day.

[add to the Reading Room Thread]
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 10-01-2007 at 09:11 PM.

SF is a one paper town.... and there is no need to wonder why the Comical is taking a nosedive....

Jon Carroll

Now, in the wake of Ahmadinejad's candid admission, a team of gay proselytizers is being formed in a humanitarian effort to bring Iran up to First World standards. "Never let it be said," said Col. Tracy Leslie of the Revolutionary Gay Army, "that America sat idly by while another nation suffered through a decadeslong gay drought."

We're looking for a few good men who are looking for a few good men. Ask not what you can do for your country, ask instead what you can do for the people of Qom.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutan View Post
    It doesn't matter what other people do. What matters is how we behave. The kid down the street steals some candy from the local gas station. Does that mean your kid should do it, too? That it's acceptable? No. Our Constitution guarantees everyone under our jurisdiction the right to free speech and this is a perfect example of the "price" we pay for our freedom. (Freedom isn't free; it costs a buck oh five.) People get pissed off at it? Great, they're exercising their free speech, too. If we only extend rights to people we like (which historically has been the case, cf. women and minority voting rights or homosexual marriage) then why have that Constitution at all? Why have those rights or any liberty? He's going to say things that will piss people off, sure. But his doing so just reinforces our superiority: we're such a free country that even people like him, a man who wants to wipe out Israel and speaks against our "Satanic" government, are provided the ability to speak out on what they want. His speech makes us stronger, not weaker.
    A post from Orang in 2007 I wonder what he thinks about college students trying to deny people with opposing views their first amendment rights. It happens on the campus on a daily basis and it's happening in a presidential primary... So much for free speech and the right to be heard...

Patriot4us had a lot to say in that tread. The same insults he uses now. Somethings never change.
    Last edited by tucker; 03-26-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    A post from Orang in 2007 I wonder what he thinks about college students trying to deny people with opposing views their first amendment rights. It happens on the campus on a daily basis and it's happening in a presidential primary... So much for free speech and the right to be heard...
    The looney libs will fight tooth and nail to get terrorists and terrorist enablers a voice.... and have no problem shouting down everyone who disagrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Patriot4us had a lot to say in that tread. The same insults he uses now. Somethings never change.
    The supposed smart guy in the room was the easiest sockpuppet ever to spot.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^ is there such a thing as stupid smart. Seemingly I see it on a daily basis on MSM and Fox. As a matter of fact we see it here far to often.

:
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin