Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Columbia Students Eagerly Anticipate Ahmadinejad Speech

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Looking at what the President of the College Republicans said with

How can we adequately prepare ourselves in four days for the insightful and productive debate that this event should elicit on campus? How can students who wish to protest successfully organize and plan in four days when demonstrations on campus require a minimum of seven days advance notice for security review? How can students who actually care and want to learn and attend the event if registration is closed before the event is even officially announced?

We understand the University's hesitation to announce earlier, since President Ahmadinejad had not accepted the invitation until Wednesday. But, in an event as controversial as this, the needs of the students should take precedence. The student body should have been informed as soon as the invitation had been extended. Even if the invitation had been declined, students would have begun the debate that the event was originally meant to inspire. To keep information like this from the students actively stifles debate.
    I have no idea how you or the other neopublicans can come up with "Columbia Students Eagerly Anticipate Ahmadinejad" or a bash on colleges as you or someone wrote in the first post.

Do me a favor, AMDSCOOTER, go tell the guy that shot 2Pac that making a comment about posts is not insulting a person. From what I see here, I was being subdued.

Do you need me to repost my actual point that the President of Columbia was going to come down hard on that jerk or do you want to keep saving face and continue regurgitating posts from the bloggers?

Quote Originally Posted by patriot4us View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

Looking at what the President of the College Republicans said with

I have no idea how you or the other neopublicans can come up with "Columbia Students Eagerly Anticipate Ahmadinejad" or a bash on colleges as you or someone wrote in the first post.

Do me a favor, AMDSCOOTER, go tell the guy that shot 2Pac that making a comment about posts is not insulting a person. From what I see here, I was being subdued.

Do you need me to repost my actual point that the President of Columbia was going to come down hard on that jerk or do you want to keep saving face and continue regurgitating posts from the bloggers?
    Say.. you cherry pick pretty well for a TLR noob.... though your tone is oddly familiar. I'll reserve my opinion there for the moment. How about you include the entire release including the VERY FIRST PARAGRAPH?

As is surely common knowledge to everyone by now, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the president of the Islamic Republic of Iran, will be speaking on campus this Monday, September 24 th 2007. We believe that this presents an incredible opportunity for the student body to learn about world affairs and to challenge a major controversial figure. In a university setting, no view is too disreputable to be excluded - the goal of a university is to hear and present a wide array of opinions so that they may be challenged and debated in the spirit of free speech and the pursuit of knowledge.
    Back under the bridge with ya..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Sorta makes my earlier point

The U.S. Media and Nazi Propaganda--According to Al Jazeera [Mario Loyola]

Earlier this week, I appeared on The Other Direction, Al Jazeera's equivalent of Nightline, which is hosted by Dr. Faisal Al-Qassim from the headquarters at Doha, Qatar. For an hour I had a lively debate with a Sunni sheik from the area of Mosul, who asserted that no Sunni sheiks of honor would ever join with the coalition. Both Dr. Faisal and the sheik repeatedly asserted as fact that American forces have killed 1.2 million Iraqi civilians, citing one of those European studies that combine dubious methodology with the premise that all deaths in Iraq over and above the natural pre-Saddam death rate are due to the occupation, and therefore have been killed directly or indirectly by the U.S.

Today I learned that In a recent article in a Syrian newspaper, the very gracious Dr. Faisal comparedU.S. media to Nazi propaganda:

If Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's famous propaganda minister, were alive today, he would be demanding extensive compensation from the American media. Indeed, why not? This media is using his propaganda methods of premeditated and systematic lies, implementing them in toto without mentioning the inventor.

In response I wrote Dr. Faisal the following email:

Dear Dr. Faisal,

I have learned of your recent comparison of U.S. media to Nazi propaganda. I was surprised and somewhat confused that you would write this, since the essential message of Nazi propaganda was that (a) the western democracies are corrupt, (b) they are controlled by a capitalist conspiracy dominated by Jews, and (c) their purpose is to oppress the poor people of the world. Since this is also and often the message of Al Jazeera, I ask you — do you mean this comparison to Nazi propaganda as a compliment?

I thank you in advance for your response, and for permission to publish it. Thank you once again for inviting me to appear on your show earlier this week. I would be honored to return. And please accept my best wishes to you in this month of Ramadan.

Sincerely....
    No response yet.
    09/20 05:13 PM

As I suggested earlier...setting aside all the supossed "good"? If the message is turned into shit along the way? Feel good?
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-20-2007 at 06:43 PM.

guys,no pun intended lol, but if ya meet on the street will any of u come out ok?

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

While this guy wants to lay flowers at the WTC and talk at Columbia,
    one of his cronies was caught red-handed with the training and connections
    to further main and kill our troops as well as other coalition members and
    the people of Iraq.
    Iranian caught in Iraq
    SULAIMANIYAH, Iraq - An Iranian officer accused of smuggling powerful roadside bombs into Iraq was arrested Thursday in northern Iraq, the U.S. military said.

The arrest could add to tensions between Washington and Tehran already strained by the detention of each other's citizens as well as U.S. accusations of Iranian involvement in Iraq's violence and Iran's disputed nuclear program.

The military said the suspect was a member of the Quds force — an elite unit of Iran's Revolutionary Guards — and was seized from a hotel in the Kurdish city of Sulaimaniyah.
    If someone tries to tell me the Pres of Iran doesn't know that his
    Nation's "Guard" is trying to usurp the mission in Iraq, forget it.
    Last edited by no2guncntrl; 09-20-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by no2guncntrl View Post
    While this guy wants to lay flowers at the WTC and talk at Columbia,
    one of his cronies was caught red-handed with the training and connections
    to further main and kill our troops as well as other coalition members and
    the people of Iraq.
    Iranian caught in Iraq

If someone tries to tell me the Pres of Iran doesn't know that his
    Nation's "Guard" is trying to usurp the mission in Iraq, forget it.
    ^^

Ahmadinejad is the President of Iran, a rogue nation the State Department has indicated is the “world’s most active state sponsor of terrorism.” Ahmadinejad is a holocaust denier who has repeatedly called for the destruction of the United States and Israel. Iran was recently cited by General Petraeus as actively aiding attacks against American troops in Iraq.
    And some people still think Iran is not meddlin in Iraq and supporting terrorism around the globe. I cannot even begin to guess where that disconnect begins. I do not want him or his cronies on US soil at all. Move the UN to Tehran... I'm tired of that rats nest of terrorism being hosted and funded by this country.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

FUnny...this is the same University who would not allow the Minutemen guy to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by londonandlawson View Post
    FUnny...this is the same University who would not allow the Minutemen guy to speak.
    If I remember correctly.. he was invited.. but shouted down and accosted on stage. Or was that some other campus?

-The Gipper

would be a shame if the students there held him captive for 444 days.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    If I remember correctly.. he was invited.. but shouted down and accosted on stage. Or was that some other campus?
    You may be right, I just read that on another forum. Let me see if they have a link.

Quote Originally Posted by clement View Post
    would be a shame if the students there held him captive for 444 days.
    The only issue is on most campuses he would hailed as a hero like Che, Chavez, and Mao.

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    If I were the President? Id welcome him at the gate.
    And Id take the guy on a tour of America.
    I'll print up some T shirts

'Ahmadinejad - the Great Satan Tour 2007'

I wonder if we could book Gaddafi for the support act.

Quote Originally Posted by londonandlawson View Post
    He was shouted down last year by the kids lookin' to be learned... canceled this year in anticipation of a bad reception...

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/C.../19/33958.html

^ So 'freedom of speech' doesn't extend to politely listening and allowing the other person to be heard?