Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: MIT student arrested with fake bomb

There is a section of society that lives in some dream world.
    Only the guilty are arrested. By some "miracle" there is never a mistake.
    And crime is non existant....because there is some "magic formula" that law enforcement should have to stop crime beforehand.

It was a movie with Tom Cruise.
    Precogs are just part of the storyline...they dont exist.

Its a formula: The harder society presses law enforcement to prevent crime? The harder were pressed
    so far as privacy etc etc.
    Last edited by jimzinsocal; 09-22-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    It was a movie with Tom Cruise.
    Precogs are just part of the storyline...they dont exist.
    Minority Report, directed by Speilburg, based on a short story by Philip K. ••••. •••• also wrote the stories that inspired Total Recall ("We Can Remember it for You Wholesale"), Screamers, Paycheck, A Scanner Darkly, and of course Blade Runner ("Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?"), which BTW is coming out this year in a final re-mastered version featuring three versions, including the impossible-to-find Ford-voiceover/unicorn-dream version (I held a VHS copy of this once) and a new "definitive" version re-cut by Ridley Scott. Questioning the nature of humanity, reality, and identity is typical in his works. He could also be said to have predated author William Gibson in developing the Cyberpunk genre.

blade runner is one if not the best scy fi movies ever. saw the director's cut, i think there 2-3 versions lol but cant wait for the one and only one cut by the man himself.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Blade Runner!
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Blade Runner!
    Werd... that flick is still decades ahead of it's time. Often imitated.. never equaled. I'll definitely be buying final re-mastered version and adding it to my collection.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Werd... that flick is still decades ahead of it's time. Often imitated.. never equaled. I'll definitely be buying final re-mastered version and adding it to my collection.
    dvd, blu or hddvd? i know theyll take it from thsoe laserdiscs, so to fit even on a dual layer dvd itll be hard.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    dvd, blu or hddvd? i know theyll take it from thsoe laserdiscs, so to fit even on a dual layer dvd itll be hard.
    It will depend on what is available.. probably HD DVD.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper