Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Korean Peace Treaty?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc...mit/index.html

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea and South Korea on Thursday agreed to begin work on a peace plan that would officially put an end to the Korean War.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Orangutan; 10-04-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Updated story
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Re: Korean Peace Treaty?

^^If we have learned anything its N.Korea cant be trusted. I don't know exactly when in the last 12 or so years but Madlin Albright went there to head off a nuclear N.Korea so we wouldnt have to be dealing with this crap now and here we are dealing with this and numerous other things NK promised they wouldn't be doing.I suspect they are sincere as ever in abiding by any thing they sign this go around.The agreements are not worth the paper they are written on.I do know Kim boy got a basketball signed by Michael Jordon tho
    Last edited by /\/\adGamer; 10-04-2007 at 07:13 AM.

54 years is pretty permanent.

Any formal deal would require S Korea to give things to the northern regime. They can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/40251/

^ Fear Korea's united. They are an amazing people when they work together.

Nuke em'.

Updated.
    Promote then, as an object of primary importance, institutions for the general diffusion of knowledge. In proportion as the structure of a government gives force to public opinion, it is essential that public opinion should be enlightened.

Well who knows. Part of me is real suspicious. Another part of me says:"ive seen stranger things happen"

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Well who knows. Part of me is real suspicious. Another part of me says:"ive seen stranger things happen"
    Should be an interesting "negotiation"... though I have serious doubts and suspicions as to NK's motives.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

^^^Ditto to that....Anything Lil' Kim does these days should be taken with a grain of salt.

That being said, lets hope its real.

I wonder just how much money they are being paid to be cooperative ?

Well the sanctions have hurt Kim real bad. He was unable to pay all of his strawmen generals in the military.
    There were also programs in the south of N. Korea where investment is allowed by foreigners. That's also paying off.
    Lets just say he's motivated a bit.
    Whisper Performance setup:
    Asus Maximus Formula (X38)
    Asus Geforce EN8800GT
    Intel Q6600 3720 Mhz 1.45v.
    2x 74Gb WD Raptors RAID-0
    WinXP Pro SP2
    Eheim 1048 // Apogee GT // Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow
    TT Mozart Tx

Isn't NK actually complying to the IAEA?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,418205,00.html

Japanese Expert: North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il Died in 2003

Sunday , September 07, 2008

Is Kim Jong Il for real? The question has baffled foreign intelligence agencies for years, but a veteran Japanese expert on North Korea says the “dear leader” is actually dead — and his role is played by a double.

The expert says Kim died of diabetes in 2003 and world leaders, including Vladimir Putin of Russia and Hu Jintao of China, have been negotiating with an imposter.

He believes that Kim, fearing assassination, had groomed up to four look-alikes to act as substitutes at public events. One underwent plastic surgery to make his appearance more convincing. Now, the expert claims, the actors are brought on stage whenever required to persuade the masses that Kim is alive.

The author has been derided by rival analysts of the hermetic communist state. Yet so few facts are known about North Korea’s ruling dynasty that some of the strange things reported in Professor Toshimitsu Shigemura’s bestselling book cannot be readily explained.

“Scholars don’t trust my reasoning but intelligence people see the possibility that it will turn out to be accurate,” he said. “I have identified and pinned down every source.”

The book, "The True Character of Kim Jong-il," cites sources from inside North Korea and from the intelligence services of Japan and South Korea.

Sounds like 'El Cid' - poor old Charlton Heston being tied to his saddle.

Nothing would surprise me about these loons though.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480446,00.html

S. Korean Military On Alert After N. Korea Pledges 'Confrontational Posture'

Sunday, January 18, 2009

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea said its military forces remained on alert Sunday a day after North Korea issued a statement pledging "an all-out confrontational posture."

The Korean People's Army called South Korea's president a "traitor" and accused him of preparing a military provocation, according to a Saturday report by the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency.

A Defense Ministry official said Sunday the South's military will remain on alert. The official spoke on condition of anonymity citing department policy.
    Spoiler!

For whatever reason, I watch a lot of KBS and those
    crazy soaps and mid-ages series on weeknights and
    Sat nights. It's strange but one can learn just how
    mercurial the Korean peoples are.I know it's just
    TV, but when one converses with a person of
    Korean origins and watch how they react to certain things,
    many times it's interesting how much I see reflective
    of these shows I watch in real life actions, thoughts,
    etc.

Success and perceived class placement/respect is everything !

One thing I have learned, one can make a deal
    on Monday morning, and it can all change by
    Monday noon. They are a puzzling people in
    many many regards. For instance >

What was yesterday, is not today..
    SEOUL, South Korea – South Korea said its army remained on alert Sunday, a day after North Korea threatened military action in response to Seoul's hard-line stance against its communist regime.

The latest harsh rhetoric from the isolated regime appeared aimed at heightening tensions on the divided peninsula and could be a test for Barack Obama days before he is sworn in as the new U.S. president.

The North's Korean People's Army called South Korean President Lee Myung-bak a "traitor" and accused him of preparing a military provocation, according to a statement carried Saturday by the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency.

Pyongyang said it was adopting "an all-out confrontational posture" and warned of a "strong military retaliatory step." South Korea immediately put its forces on alert.

Seoul's Yonhap news agency reported Sunday that the South has significantly beefed up forces along its heavily armed land border with the North and near their disputed western sea border. But the presidential office and the Defense Ministry denied the report.
    I have found they take great pride in beating the
    chest and for a short term fight, they can hold
    grudges, yet sit and have t'ong-baeh'u kimchi
    with an enemy anytime, well almost anytime.

Very interesting people.

[I sort of duped the above post, but what's new..
    I screw up all the time.]