Page 128 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2118

Thread: Battlefield 3

Re: Battlefield 3

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    The annoyance for me isn't the size, since installing the patch will certainly not be adding 1.6GB to your total installation size, but the fact that origin sucks and probably won't DL it automatically, so I'll most likely be stuck downloading 1.6GB right when I want to go play
    I launched Origin this morning, and it did indeed start the download of the patch without me doing anything.

Updating now.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Updating next week, when the PC is back together

Quote Originally Posted by drkCrix View Post
    Updating next week, when the PC is back together
    I am in same boat.
    Who got the paddles?
    Intel Core i5-3570K ASUS P8B75-V CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB corsair 850w Ati 7870
    http://www.mnuclan.com/

-

-
    --http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63401

Noticed a few UI tweaks playing last night. The gameplay ones aren't so obvious. The havoc no longer flies like an overweight sow on morphine.. which is a massive improvement. The changelog is long enough that I'll be able to blame deaths on "the patch" for a long time to come

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

tried something last night. Switched to color blind settings and makes the HUD easier to read. Not sure if it will help my gaming but looks different enough that its easier to see.

Some of the items in the path notes are contradictory:

-Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
    &

-Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares.
    So the guided rockets that will no longer track air targets will be distracted by flares from targets they are unable to track?

Disabling a vehicle makes it go faster...in reverse.

-Disabled vehicles now have an increased reverse speed to help escape to cover after being disabled.

SOFLAM goes auto-pilot:

Making the SOFLAM a passive income gadget
    Oh.. and get ready to retry every weapon as they seem to have left nearly literally no stone untouched:

WEAPONS
    Several weapons have had recoil or accuracy adjusted in orer to balance these weapons in effectiveness and also increase the feeling of individuality in each gun

Some thoughts on this one and those similar to it...

-Zooming shotguns with Buckshot and Flechette loads will now result in a slightly tighter cone for the pellets.
    Why should the level of "zoom" effect the spray pattern of a weapon at all? Makes no sense what-so-ever.

I think entries like these explain why some of us have such a hard time killing people in game. I use a holo or red dot a lot on SMG and assault rifles. Did the same in BC2. The way I read what they have done in BF3 is essentially "punish" those who do not use magnification. Never mind that I'm aiming right at the target and adjusting for drop. I incur an "accuracy penalty" for not using a 4x,8x,12x scope to accomplish aiming. They make sure you hit less by making the weapon less accurate w/o a scope. Total horsepoo IMHO. So not only do I have to account for each weapons unique characteristics as far as recoil.. initial accuracy and such.. I also am subjected to these "accuracy penalties" if I'm using the gun sans scope. End result for me is the huge inconsistency between how to hit a target with any given rifle consistently if I can figure out how to hit at all. Spray and pray now takes precedence over aimed, controlled, three round bursts. I used to be able to successfully engage multiple targets with the better FOV provided with holo and red dot scopes in BC2. In BF3 it usually takes me the better part of a clip to down a single target if I can down it at all.

Eh.. whatever. I'm getting more attached to driving tanks as a preference anyway. Their aim seems to be:

1) Immune to the stupidity they have applied to the hand held weapons.

2) Necessary. With the lack of splash damage you pretty much have to blow someones head off to kill with a tank anyway.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

So who's buying a kit shortcut?
    http://store.origin.com/store/ea/sea...words=shortcut

TBH I wouldn't mind having the ground + air vehicles unlocked. I'm bad at both and any advantage would be very helpful.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    So who's buying a kit shortcut?
    http://store.origin.com/store/ea/sea...words=shortcut

TBH I wouldn't mind having the ground + air vehicles unlocked. I'm bad at both and any advantage would be very helpful.
    LOL even with the air kit unlocked I still can't fly worth a damn. No if they made a kit that would make me fly better that I would buy

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Some of the items in the path notes are contradictory:
    you're being deliberately obtuse
    So the guided rockets that will no longer track air targets will be distracted by flares from targets they are unable to track?

The guided rockets are different from the guided missiles. The guided rockets have a slight bit of guidance to them, the guided missile is the lock-on/laser designated missile.

Disabling a vehicle makes it go faster...in reverse.
    they increased the reverse speed when disabled. its not faster than when its not disabled

Why should the level of "zoom" effect the spray pattern of a weapon at all? Makes no sense what-so-ever.
    Because thats how game mechanics like that always work? In virtually every shooter game ever the ADS mechanic tightens accuracy. Is it a bit of a non-sequiter for a shotgun? of course, but if it makes a given loadout more properly balanced or useful, then I don't care how "unrealistic" it is.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I will probably buy some of those shortcut things. I hate unlocking crap.

you're being deliberately obtuse

The guided rockets are different from the guided missiles. The guided rockets have a slight bit of guidance to them, the guided missile is the lock-on/laser designated missile.
    News to me.

they increased the reverse speed when disabled. its not faster than when its not disabled
    That was not my point. What part of the word "disabled" are you not getting?

Because thats how game mechanics like that always work? In virtually every shooter game ever the ADS mechanic tightens accuracy. Is it a bit of a non-sequiter for a shotgun? of course, but if it makes a given loadout more properly balanced or useful, then I don't care how "unrealistic" it is.
    Well if you "don't care" how about you just say so? I'm not into "balance" when it comes to making spray patterns bigger or smaller based on magnification for any weapon. The pattern from any given weapon aimed at the same spot from 100 feet or yards should be identical regardless of the aiming mechanism. This is not "balance".. it's retarded.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

The stingers lock on faster now.... but you basically have to be standing next to them to get a lock, seems like anything past 30 yards is a no go. Also, the chopper and jet flares are back to 11 seconds for the pilot to reload, so good luck getting a hit.

I don't understand the confusion regarding the disabled/reverse issue. Before patch if your tank got disabled you could travel at a certain speed in reverse. Now after patch the tank moves a little faster in reverse when disabled.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't understand the confusion regarding the disabled/reverse issue. Before patch if your tank got disabled you could travel at a certain speed in reverse. Now after patch the tank moves a little faster in reverse when disabled.
    It's not confusion.

dis·a·bled

1. Inoperative: a disabled vehicle.
    "Disabled" vehicles should not move at all. Instead of fixing this.. they went the other way and made a "disabled" vehicle faster in reverse than it was previously.

-The Gipper