Page 131 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2118

Thread: Battlefield 3

Re: Battlefield 3

I think I prefer having unlocks, provided that the weapons unlocked later are balanced properly with the initial weapons. I like unlocking them, its an incentive to play. For the most part it seems that the unlocks are done relatively early on so it doesn't take a massive amount of time to unlock them all. I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it.

I also couldn't care less about the unlock packs. If you want to go ahead and waste money on it, go right ahead. If you're getting upset about the idea that they're charging more for content thats already in the game, then suck it up and actually play

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

played tonight for a few rounds and was in "the groove" that I can sometimes get in to.. unfortunately there was a hacker on my server. Nothing blatant like spawn killing with headshots, but there was more than enough evidence IMO to declare that this guy was nowhere near legit. I've got several hundred hours in this game and I can tell when someone is BS. Headshots at range with PDW's, zipping around corners and 1-shotting everyone. I don't understand why people feel the need to ruin other people's games by being a jerk. I guess the only take away for me is that it makes me feel better when I have a good game and can feel proud that I do it au natural

Trust me, I do science

I've been playing a bit more BF3 lately. I'll have to hook up with you guys at some point.

I've mostly been playing on a 24/7 Wake Island server, despite the fact that the map can absolutely be raped by helicopters.

Back when I played CS 1.6, I hated de_dust and hated that everybody played on that map. But, I like BF3 Wake Island even with its flaws. It must kinda like how people who liked de_dust felt.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    I've been playing a bit more BF3 lately. I'll have to hook up with you guys at some point.

I've mostly been playing on a 24/7 Wake Island server, despite the fact that the map can absolutely be raped by helicopters.

Back when I played CS 1.6, I hated de_dust and hated that everybody played on that map. But, I like BF3 Wake Island even with its flaws. It must kinda like how people who liked de_dust felt.
    ugh. I can't stand Wake. I was going to say its the worst BF3 map short of Metro, but Damavand Peak is up there too.

dust was crap, dust2 was good, but CS was only good if you played competitively. pubbing was a nightmare.

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    ugh. I can't stand Wake. I was going to say its the worst BF3 map short of Metro, but Damavand Peak is up there too.

dust was crap, dust2 was good, but CS was only good if you played competitively. pubbing was a nightmare.
    No way. I loved the 15 guys camping with the Scout on public CS 1.6 games. Nothing like getting headshot every 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectShot View Post
    I've been getting little pop-ups to buy more stuff on BF3. Too bad they never do anything when I click on them.

First it was for more kits, then unlocks. Now EA is offering to unlock all classes for almost $40. What?!?

Even though I had bought the "limited edition" pre-order before it was released, I didn't really get into the game until a few months ago. True, it's sometimes a bit discouraging when you get taken down by more experienced players with better weapons....

But isn't the whole point of having unlocks so you can "earn" them? In COD's first modern warfare I used to start from scratch as I loved unlocking gadgets...

What is the world coming to?
    Do these kits give you all the attachments (scopes, heavy barrel, etc.) when you pay to unlock them?

I wouldn't mind getting the engineer one because I want to try new weapons but I hate the downtime between new weapon and getting a scope you can actually use.

Do these kits give you all the attachments (scopes, heavy barrel, etc.) when you pay to unlock them?
    I don't think so.
    I think you have to "rank" then up.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

I wouldn't mind getting the engineer one because I want to try new weapons but I hate the downtime between new weapon and getting a scope you can actually use.
    Some weapons have horrid iron sights... The FAMAS is the worst so far. All iron, no sight.

Q9300 with 4 GB DDR2 1066 RAM
    UltraSharp 2408WFP (needs to be RMA'ed) on GeForce GTX 285 on two 18 amp 12V lines
    Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Logitech Z-5500 & Sennheiser HD 280 Pro and HD 595
    plus the usual stuff in a poorly designed Antec P180 PW case

Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be Double XP weekend for BF3. I will probably be playing a lot.

Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be Double XP weekend for BF3. I will probably be playing a lot.
    I thought this was lame when COD did it. But I will see if I can find some time to "little bird whore" this weekend. Its the only vehicle/kit I have not completely unlocked.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    I thought this was lame when COD did it. But I will see if I can find some time to "little bird whore" this weekend. Its the only vehicle/kit I have not completely unlocked.
    I bet they're trying to draw more people back to BF3 in time to buy the expansion packs. I expect to see a few more of these Double XP weekends so people who bought the game are hooked on it in time for when Close Quarters and the other one come out.

rescheduled.. as seen on battlelog:

PC players: Apologies for delay in your 2XP event. To give you a full weekend as planned, we're rescheduling this for May 26-27

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    rescheduled.. as seen on battlelog:
    Oh my god. Memorial day weekend? I was going to go on vacation and off the grid that weekend. Thanks DICE.

Oh my god. Memorial day weekend? I was going to go on vacation and off the grid that weekend. Thanks DICE.
    yea, seems like a terrible choice

Trust me, I do science

Had enough of this stoopid game, tonight just might have stuck the fork in me to tell me I'm done.