Page 6 of 142 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 2118

Thread: Battlefield 3

  1. #76
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    681

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Do not want. It'll show up public eventually.
    \_(ツ)_/


  2. #77
    Joined
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Joliet, Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,791

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPn00b09 View Post
    The MP was terrible, who would want to play the SP?
    yes because the mp being made by a different group of developers using a different engine totally tells you how good the single player will be.

    not to mention people don't always want every game they buy to be the next big game they play for mp fun. i happen to buy many games because i want to play their sp campaign.

    every new game that is released doesn't have to have a solid mp component...just like they don't all need a solid sp component either *cough*battlefield games*cough*
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz (45 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    SB X-Fi Xtreme Music + Steelseries 5H V2
    XFX 6950 2gb (6970 bios) / 2 x 25.5" Asus VW266H 1920x1200
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black



    The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

  3. #78
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,589

    Re: Battlefield 3

    They shouldn't market it as such then. How much have you (or maybe a casual follower instead) heard of the SP compared with the MP? I get what you're saying, but is it worth $60 to anybody to play an 8 hour campaign? Apparently. But all I'm saying is I don't think it should be. Maybe 10 years ago when MP wasn't as big as it is in FPS today.

  4. #79
    Joined
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Joliet, Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,791

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPn00b09 View Post
    They shouldn't market it as such then. How much have you (or maybe a casual follower instead) heard of the SP compared with the MP? I get what you're saying, but is it worth $60 to anybody to play an 8 hour campaign? Apparently. But all I'm saying is I don't think it should be. Maybe 10 years ago when MP wasn't as big as it is in FPS today.
    most everything i've heard about the game focused on the sp campaign.

    the beta is the first i've seen or heard of the mp.

    8 hour sp campaign is pretty long these days. consider what you pay for a 90 minute movie. 10 bucks at the theater? 20-30 if you buy the movie?

    lots of entitlement around here lately...
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz (45 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    SB X-Fi Xtreme Music + Steelseries 5H V2
    XFX 6950 2gb (6970 bios) / 2 x 25.5" Asus VW266H 1920x1200
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black



    The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

  5. #80
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    are you guys serious? you are willing to buy a $60 POS game just to play the BF3 beta?!?
    Yup, BF3 is teh Holy Grail



    Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    yes because the mp being made by a different group of developers using a different engine totally tells you how good the single player will be.

    not to mention people don't always want every game they buy to be the next big game they play for mp fun. i happen to buy many games because i want to play their sp campaign.

    every new game that is released doesn't have to have a solid mp component...just like they don't all need a solid sp component either *cough*battlefield games*cough*
    I thought bc2 single player was fun, very likeable characters and decent story. AI could have been better though.

  6. #81
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Reading some of the rumors of this game...

    It looks to be another ported game, disappointing to say the least.

    I was hoping for PC exclusive, now I will probably wait for reviews (from real PC gamers) before I purchase
    Well we may get a decent PC game and not a Dumbed down console port.
    Battlefield 3 leaving DX 9 behind, Frostbite 2 engine good news for PC gamers http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14494-...for-pc-gamers/

    Quote Originally Posted by former DICE CEO Fredrik Lilegren
    "What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away."
    Last edited by tjdehya; 08-04-2010 at 02:37 PM.

    BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

  7. #82
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    Well we may get a decent PC game and not a Dumbed down console port.
    Battlefield 3 leaving DX 9 behind, Frostbite 2 engine good news for PC gamers http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14494-...for-pc-gamers/
    Interesting article, however I'm still not sure I believe it...It is still multi-platform

    I'm taking a wait and see approach


  8. #83
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Battlefield 3

    I agree with this request 100%
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3180750&p=1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1up.com
    Basically, we want the aesthetics and destruction of BC2 with the scope and scale of BF2.

    BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

  9. #84
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    681

    Re: Battlefield 3

    It seems like they took everything that was good about BF2 and 2142 and took it out for BC2, so they can add it back for BF3 as 'major improvements'.

    Didn't they just say how 4 classes was way more effective than 6?
    \_(ツ)_/


  10. #85
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Battlefield 3

    If DICE really comes through and doesnt give us a pos console port and make it like the glory days of BF2 with the graphics and destruction of new frostbite engine then we will have the CoD killer. Skeptics also laughed when I said BC2 would be the hit it is months prior to realease. And BC2 I dont think is as good as BF2.

  11. #86
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    18

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Yup, BF3 is teh Holy Grail

    Agreed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    I thought bc2 single player was fun, very likeable characters and decent story. AI could have been better though.
    Yeah did anyone else notice that no matter what wall you hid behind the AI could still see you, and hit you with ease? I've played games 5+ years older with better AI.
    ----------------------------------------
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    ASUS M3N72-D
    4GB Patriot Viper Series DDR2 PC2-6400
    EVGA e-Geforce 8800GT x2
    OCZ GameXStream 850W PSU
    and some crappy spinning disks
    -----------------------------------------

  12. #87
    Joined
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Joliet, Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,791

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It seems like they took everything that was good about BF2 and 2142 and took it out for BC2, so they can add it back for BF3 as 'major improvements'.

    Didn't they just say how 4 classes was way more effective than 6?
    bc2 was a sequel for bc which was never a true battlefield game.

    nothing was taken out of anything or being added to anything else. different games.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz (45 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    SB X-Fi Xtreme Music + Steelseries 5H V2
    XFX 6950 2gb (6970 bios) / 2 x 25.5" Asus VW266H 1920x1200
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black



    The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

  13. #88
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by adseib View Post
    Agreed.




    Yeah did anyone else notice that no matter what wall you hid behind the AI could still see you, and hit you with ease? I've played games 5+ years older with better AI.
    Actually my teamates acting like nincompoops bothered me more, not very good AI. But im not gonna blame DICE, battlefield is always a multiplayer game at the core.

  14. #89
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,010

    Re: Battlefield 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    bc2 was a sequel for bc which was never a true battlefield game.

    nothing was taken out of anything or being added to anything else. different games.
    Yeah - well the way I understood it, Bad Company was DICE's "BF for consoles" brand. Console-style maps, no airplanes, etc. etc. BC2 being on the PC was a courtesy to PC gamers, nothing more. It's an Xbox port: full stop. For example not being able to go prone.

  15. #90
    Joined
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Battlefield 3

    BF2 you were USMC.
    In BC2 your US Army

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •