Page 80 of 142 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2118

Thread: Battlefield 3

Re: Battlefield 3

So whats the deal...

Should I order the game or not ?

I couldn't give the game a fair shake as I only have my laptop with me, (hotel bandwidth sucks) and I wont make it home before the open beta ends.

In my opinion, with polishing and time, BF3 will be the standard for online gaming. If mod tools are released, this game will not die for a while. It will not be a perfect release (name one online FPS that has been in the last 5 years) but in time and with updates it will prove to be one of the best shooters of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    So whats the deal...

I couldn't give the game a fair shake as I only have my laptop with me, (hotel bandwidth sucks) and I wont make it home before the open beta ends.
    i would hold off for a bit. i understand this beta is supposedly a month old or more and dice claims to have fixed quite a bit. but no one knows for certain whats changed in the live release. we just have little tid bits about certain bugs being fixed.

honestly the beta is very very broken. so many technical issues, bugs, and balance tweaks need to be made.

if its fixed by the 25th hooray, but im not holding my breath. if you look past the problems you can see the makings of a great game. like ctunit said with time and fixes this can be a great game. it remains to be seen what the state of the game will be at launch. i hope dice is right and most of its fixed.

but ill just say this, even though its a beta, i have NEVER EVER played a beta thats been so bad, so broken. thats whats concerning me at this point. see what the waters like when its comes out the 25th, if the temperature is ok jump in! if not you might wait and save your money, might pick it up cheaper in a few months if they drop the ball and don't get it fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
    i would hold off for a bit. i understand this beta is supposedly a month old or more and dice claims to have fixed quite a bit. but no one knows for certain whats changed in the live release. we just have little tid bits about certain bugs being fixed.

honestly the beta is very very broken. so many technical issues, bugs, and balance tweaks need to be made.

if its fixed by the 25th hooray, but im not holding my breath. if you look past the problems you can see the makings of a great game. like ctunit said with time and fixes this can be a great game. it remains to be seen what the state of the game will be at launch. i hope dice is right and most of its fixed.

but ill just say this, even though its a beta, i have NEVER EVER played a beta thats been so bad, so broken. thats whats concerning me at this point. see what the waters like when its comes out the 25th, if the temperature is ok jump in! if not you might wait and save your money, might pick it up cheaper in a few months if they drop the ball and don't get it fixed soon.
    This is good advice, and I'm going to take it.

I agree a good bit with Modru. Many things are very broken. You can see flashes of good things, but its all through a veneer of general sh**y-ness. There are times when I feel like I've got the damage balance figured out and I'm playing well.. and then i'll go 0-8 with an average lifespan of 3 seconds over that time-period. Goes without saying, thats not fun and its not "balanced" they way some people here have claimed. I'll take BC2's "low" damage every single day of the week over the insta-kills, the camping and the general BS that comes from this new damage system. I've been contemplating pre-ordering, but when I'm evaluating my time in-game thus far, I generally find myself not having very much fun. I'm kind of playing it just to play it because its time-limited. The only downside to not pre-ordering is that if I do wind up buying it I'll have to give EA even more of my money to play w/ everyone in return to karkand.

I do disagree strongly with those claiming the graphics aren't up to par.. they're better than anything else I've played lately and we know for a fact that not all the graphics options are in the beta. I don't know what else you want out of the graphics.. most of the pre-release videos were in single player and we haven't even seen those graphics yet.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

^^^

I agree about the graphics. I keep hearing how terrible they are. But maxed out, at least for me. The game looks good. I load up bc2 or another fps and you can really see the massive difference.

That being said, the game is a glitch fest.

And the damage issue is more to do with client side hit detection then the actual dmg its self. EA dropped the ball massively on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    So whats the deal...

I'll let you know if it's worth it after I played the retail version. lol I have it preordered. Going through with it. You don't have to, can wait for reports about it after release from forum members or another source.

I think BF3 has huge potential if they can work out a few of the kinks and I'm sure they will. I remember being quite negative about BC2 in the beginning but over time it got better. I'm less negative about BF3 and it's only the beta. Yes the beta has plenty of bugs and glitches but somehow despite that it's still very playable. I agree the damage model is terrible in it's current state so I am hoping that gets tweaked. The fast often instant deaths are beyond annoying.

IMO BF3 will become the standard game for our FF gaming nights come Oct 25. The retail release will be the beta with less bugs, more stability, more maps & more game modes. I think the pros are going to far exceed the cons.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

The complaints about the graphics are obviously from people who don't know that you have to get in game to change video settings from the low setting that the game defaulted to because of the graphics card that they have installed. But I have to admit that even on the low setting the game still looks good.

They made a big mistake by releasing the beta in its current state. I had turned people off and made people cancel their pre-order... I almost did.
    BF3 in its current state is BAD, VERY BAD. I have never played a beta that looks sooooo far away from what the retail game should be.
    I am not expecting the final game to get any better from its current state and I find it hard to recommend this game to anyone including myself.
    If I didn't per-order then I wouldn't, and I would agree with anyone who has cancelled their per-order if they did.

Right now the game is a "DO NOT BUY"

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post

They made a big mistake by releasing the beta in its current state. I had turned people off and made people cancel their pre-order... I almost did.
    BF3 in its current state is BAD, VERY BAD. I have never played a beta that looks sooooo far away from what the retail game should be.
    I am not expecting the final game to get any better from its current state and I find it hard to recommend this game to anyone including myself.
    If I didn't per-order then I wouldn't, and I would agree with anyone who has cancelled their per-order if they did.

Right now the game is a "DO NOT BUY"
    I have to disagree. Look at Rage, much worse at release than the BF3 beta is now. The main bugs in the beta have been resolved. Mark my words, this will be the best selling cross platform FPS of all time. For a month old beta, this game was incredibly stable. Yes there were issues with players falling through the map. This was a server side issue that was fixed by server side patches on day 3 of the beta (on most servers.) As far as the damage goes, there was a bug that caused moving players to take random amounts of damage, this is fixed for full release. Yes the gameplay differs from BF2, this is not a BF2 clone. It's 2011, gaming is moving forward and some people will not like this. Personally, I really enjoyed the time I had in the beta and can not wait to get my hands on the game. It's not perfect but damn is it good.

Quote Originally Posted by CTUnit1 View Post
    I have to disagree. Look at Rage, much worse at release than the BF3 beta is now. The main bugs in the beta have been resolved. Mark my words, this will be the best selling cross platform FPS of all time. For a month old beta, this game was incredibly stable. Yes there were issues with players falling through the map. This was a server side issue that was fixed by server side patches on day 3 of the beta (on most servers.) As far as the damage goes, there was a bug that caused moving players to take random amounts of damage, this is fixed for full release. Yes the gameplay differs from BF2, this is not a BF2 clone. It's 2011, gaming is moving forward and some people will not like this. Personally, I really enjoyed the time I had in the beta and can not wait to get my hands on the game. It's not perfect but damn is it good.
    I dont think you can compare Rage to BF3... here's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche at id software
    We do not see the PC as the leading platform for games, he explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douche at Dice
    We always want to show a platform that we have chosen to be our lead platform. In this case we did choose PC as the lead platform; its the one that has been, mostly, driving development forward.
    Second point is that Rage did not release a Demo or Beta... If they did then much of the Rage "suckers" would not have bought it. Rage is a Horrid game, if Rage in its current state was just a Beta release then we would all be saying the same thing. Also Rage will not get fixed or get any support for PC because the Douche that got its start in PC gaming has burnt that bridge and gone over to console.

BF3 Dino:
    i7 2600k, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, 8GB Corsair, X-25M 120GB, WD 300GB Raptor, 2xEVGA GTX570HD 2.5GB, X-fi Titanium, Antec 1200W.
    Monster: i7 930, MSI X58 Platinum, 9GB Corsair, WD 74GB Raptor, WD 2TB, Palit GTX460 1GB, PCP&C 750W.
    Beast: AMD4400+, Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, 2GB Corsair, 2x 1TB WD Green Raid0, 2TB WD Green, KFA2 9600GT, Dynex 500W.
    Relic: Intel P4 3.2GHz, Asus P4SD-LA, 1.5 GB PC2700, 160GB WD, 120GB Maxtor, ATI 9600Pro, Dynex 500W.

Here's a good beta feedback thread about problems with the BF3 net code.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...1139123655506/

IMO the BC2 net code wasn't the greatest so I've always been concerned it would be bad in BF3 but I must admit it's worse than I expected. I just hope it's better than this in the retail game.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

So I can't compare BF3 to Rage, fair enough.

Here's what I really think. People that are bad at BF3 are the ones saying they won't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by tjdehya View Post
    I dont think you can compare Rage to BF3... here's why.

Second point is that Rage did not release a Demo or Beta... If they did then much of the Rage "suckers" would not have bought it. Rage is a Horrid game, if Rage in its current state was just a Beta release then we would all be saying the same thing. Also Rage will not get fixed or get any support for PC because the Douche that got its start in PC gaming has burnt that bridge and gone over to console.
    If rage had gotten half of the overall press and spotlight and anticipation of BF3 at this point, it would be a MASSIVE disappointment. As it is, I didn't hear to much about it other than the hot air coming from John Carmack (and now we know it really was just hot air) and the TV commercials going back a couple weeks. I just hope dice realizes that with great hype comes great responsibility... so far i'm not particularly encouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I think BF3 has huge potential if they can work out a few of the kinks and I'm sure they will. I remember being quite negative about BC2 in the beginning but over time it got better. I'm less negative about BF3 and it's only the beta. Yes the beta has plenty of bugs and glitches but somehow despite that it's still very playable. I agree the damage model is terrible in it's current state so I am hoping that gets tweaked. The fast often instant deaths are beyond annoying.
    I thought of this after we were talking on TS last night. Think about beta GPU drivers. You might expect 1 or 2 obscure games to crash or have issues, but you expect the drivers to render the windows taskbar correctly. Some of these glitches in this "beta" are the gaming equivalent of not rendering the taskbar... how is dice going to hear about the obscure games crashing is everyone is yelling about the taskbar

Here's what I really think. People that are bad at BF3 are the ones saying they won't buy it.
    Wow. Heres what I really think: that attitude has no place with [FF]. Not everyone has enough time or will to dedicate to a game so they can measure their e-peen by their 2.0 k:d. If Dice can't make a game thats accessible to the masses, then they're shooting themselves in the foot. Forgive me for not wanting to spend $60 on a broken game that doesn't live up to my expectations

-sincerely,
    only a 1.6 BF3 k:d

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

So I can't compare BF3 to Rage, fair enough.

I'm not so great and I bought it