Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graphics System

Re: Graphics System

64,000 pounds.....and they are tearing themselves apart. We only have 40 of them. Most of the time at least 13-15 are down.

Here's a sample of my buddies graphics work. Thats the back of my toolbox. He also did the graphics on the tool boxes in the bus picture.

Nice stuff, man!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

I'm probably a bit late but on this but any reason why no one ever specs out a workstation with FireGL or Quadro cards? Aren't those more specific to a workstation environment?

Whoops! Backup! Just saw the "sample" workstation specs up top. Had NO IDEA quadros has gotten so expensive on that level!
    Last edited by grumblemarc; 10-26-2007 at 07:19 AM.
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

There ya go!!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Most of the time, I'd still recommend standard GeForce or Radeon cards over the Quadro or FireGL equivalent due to pricing.

Any reason you guys would say to not do so?
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

But if price were NOT a factor...?
    Ebay---Heatware---Paypal verified---Project:Geared Up---My Site-ROSSWERKZ.COM

Sure, then go for it. At least you get mroe support with those cards.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Most of the time, I'd still recommend standard GeForce or Radeon cards over the Quadro or FireGL equivalent due to pricing.

Any reason you guys would say to not do so?
    Only from personal experience, but I'd take a FireGL first, standard Radeon second. Reason for that is that I just spend a ton on a Sun workstation with a pair of Quadro FX3500 cards in it. Long story short, I don't like those two FX3500's. They don't measure up to Fire-GL X3 256 cards that I am extreemly familiar with in terms of fine line rendering. I yanked them out and stuck in a pair of X1950 Pros 512's, definitely better for what I do. Based on that experience/finding coupled with ATI's long standing reputation in true engineering workstations, I am ordering a pair of FireGL V5600/512 cards. Speed isn't my concern. Rendering quality (non multimedia) is.