Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: US to force diplomats to take Baghdad jobs

I have no problem with the rules, or the fact that the diplomats signed up to them. I do have a problem with someone saying "we" about an unpleasant posting that they have almost certainly never experienced, nor will ever have to.

M

Re: US to force diplomats to take Baghdad jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
    I have no problem with the rules, or the fact that the diplomats signed up to them. I do have a problem with someone saying "we" about an unpleasant posting that they have almost certainly never experienced, nor will ever have to.

M
    I do not have an issue with the we as he came up through that very same system. His BIO:

Harry K. Thomas, Jr.

Harry K. Thomas, Jr.
    Director General, Foreign Service and Director, Human Resources
    Term of Appointment: 09/21/2007 to present

Ambassador Thomas, of New York, is a career member of the Senior Foreign Service and served most recently as a Special Assistant to the Secretary and Executive Secretary of the Department. Mr. Thomas, who joined the Foreign Service in 1984, served as U.S. Ambassador to Bangladesh from 2002 to 2005. He also served in the White House as the Director for South Asia at the National Security Council from 2001 to 2002. His other postings include: New Delhi, India; Harare, Zimbabwe; Kaduna, Nigeria; and Lima, Peru. He has served as Senior Watch Officer, Deputy Director, and Director of the State Department Operations Center; Special Assistant to the Under Secretary for Political Affairs; and Staff Assistant to the Assistant Secretary for African Affairs.

Ambassador Thomas speaks Spanish, Hindi, and Bangla. He has received many awards including the Arnold Raphel Award for leadership, motivation, and mentoring of colleagues. Ambassador Thomas is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and pursued further study at Columbia University.

Released on September 21, 2007
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper