Suspended - user active

For some reason I'm getting this message on one of my systems. I've checked and double checked all preferences and everything is set to do work while the computer is in use. It was fine while I was only attached to and running QMC, but as soon as I attached to Riesel Sieve it suspended itself It will resume crunching if I don't do anything for 3 minutes. Is this one of the new "features" of Boinc 5.10.30? All my other systems are using 5.10.28 or lower and are just fine.

Re: Suspended - user active

Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    For some reason I'm getting this message on one of my systems. I've checked and double checked all preferences and everything is set to do work while the computer is in use. It was fine while I was only attached to and running QMC, but as soon as I attached to Riesel Sieve it suspended itself It will resume crunching if I don't do anything for 3 minutes. Is this one of the new "features" of Boinc 5.10.30? All my other systems are using 5.10.28 or lower and are just fine.
    Go to the rieselsieve web site and click on your account. Click on "view or edit" under general preferences and and click "edit preferences". Change "do work while computer is in use" to yes. That should solve your problem.

That solved the problem all right. But there should not have been a problem in the first place since "Yes" was already checked for "do work while computer is in use". It was set up like that before I attached to Riesel Sieve...

Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    That solved the problem all right. But there should not have been a problem in the first place since "Yes" was already checked for "do work while computer is in use". It was set up like that before I attached to Riesel Sieve...
    I seem to remember the same thing happened with me when I did RS a few months back. Like you say, shouldn't happen but obviously does

At least you have it fixed

I've heard that Riesel Sieve is currently using some sort of non-standard version of the BOINC server software (PerlBOINC), so it's not surprising they have an odd bug. Supposedly they will switch to the standard version at some point.