Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad count

Re: Quad count

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Slider View Post
    Just 1 for me.

Maybe another come the new year as I'm so impressed with the crunching power of mine
    Make that 20 quads and about 55 active members.

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Make that 20 quads and about 55 active members.
    Joker for 2, and Fluff for 1. Taking the running total to 23 out of 55 active.

Maybe we should rename the team to Quads R US

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Maybe we should rename the team to Quads R US
    Or, how about The PC Perspective Killer "Quads" Frogs.

I like it!
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Don`t forget Joker, Fluff, thezfunk, and I`m sure, a few more.
    You is correct. I have one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    Or, how about The PC Perspective Killer "Quads" Frogs.
    Or more likely the "PC Perspective Killer "Quad" Frogs" as that fits and sounds better to Me. And yeah I have 2 so far, I do intend to get 1 more, maybe 1 more than that later on though for a total of 3 or 4 quads total, But It's going to take a bit as I have some fairly expensive fishy purchases to get past first in the next few years.

qwads must be teh single best thing a cruncher would come accross in terms of production and power usage. how much are you guys saving? my curebt system eats less watts than my previous x2 am2

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    qwads must be teh single best thing a cruncher would come accross in terms of production and power usage. how much are you guys saving? my curebt system eats less watts than my previous x2 am2
    In terms of production 1 quad = 10 Athlon XP-M's and the power consumption is probably comparable so it just ain't worth running older PCs for SETI (in terms of running costs).

In terms of production 1 quad = 10 Athlon XP-M's and the power consumption is probably comparable so it just ain't worth running older PCs for SETI (in terms of running costs).
    I know, I should one of these days sell off the two E4300 cpus I have and the Guts of My remaining AMD PC so that I can get 1 or 2 Q6600 cpus and some ram. Rams cheap right now too I hear.

nice aint it?
    one box instead of 4-5 or maybe more. does the sony box crunch seti too? i know it folds.

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your

scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board

Quote Originally Posted by JokerCPoC View Post
    I know, I should one of these days sell off the two E4300 cpus I have and the Guts of My remaining AMD PC so that I can get 1 or 2 Q6600 cpus and some ram. Rams cheap right now too I hear.
    Yep, you can get 2GB of quality DDR2-6400 for a snip which should be plenty for the average quad. Heck, 512MB is more than enough for a quad that's just crunching - my quad is sat here using less than 200MB total at present crunching 4 X SETI (~80MB for the OS and 4x28MB for SETI)

I'm running 4 - v8's...3 are fully loaded now and one is half full..

= 7 quads for me 65.24 Ghz quad power
    Spankinmonkee
    Banana Powered
    151 plus Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
    nice ain't it?
    one box instead of 4-5 or maybe more. does the Sony box crunch seti too? i know it folds.
    Yep, you can get 2GB of quality DDR2-6400 for a snip which should be plenty for the average quad. Heck, 512MB is more than enough for a quad that's just crunching - my quad is sat here using less than 200MB total at present crunching 4 X SETI (~80MB for the OS and 4x28MB for SETI)
    @_dangtx_: Sorry No Seti on the PS3 yet, But I hear somebody is working on It, But I have no idea as to who that is.

@Ned: Ideally PC3 should use one 1GB dimm as It's runnin XP x64, But right now It's running an OCZ pair of 512MB dimms and they should do as much as the Corsair Dimms in PC1, But they can so far only do 300MHz instead of 337MHz and so asap their being phased out for better ram.

Then I'll just need 1GB ram and 1 Quad for each of two PCs, but that will take some money and since I have a few other things to do around here first, that may have to wait some to get, Activating them may be longer still though. Can You say 180 gallon "Fancy Goldfish" aquarium? The Water here is perfect for them, But I'd need pebbles larger than the fishes mouths to keep the plants firmly rooted that would go above the plant gravel, But at least they wouldn't need a heater, Just one or two really good filters.

k. in folding they turn about 700ppd as a minimum, dont remember how seti points were
    also, why goldfish? get some action fish
    for those who didnt get the 'pebbles larger than the fishes mouths' , goldfish will try to eat anything.

of no board