Dual Lan inputs?

I could not find any information in Search...

I am buying a board (Abit KN9 SLI) with dual LAN inputs. I have two different Internet Providers, one is Comcast and the other our apartments T1 line. Can I plug them both in at the same time? (I am thinking T1 uploads faster and cable downloads faster, but I am not sure which would be better) or if you can combine them. This is for the Warden. (She always needs to be weird for some reason) Any way she uses it for streaming audio over the net. If you don't know what I am asking don't worry I don't know either.

(Be simpler if they just offered one LAN, then I wouldn't have to figure why or how they worked)
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

Re: Dual Lan inputs?

You have two options, in Windows you can bridge the two connection and you'll be able to use both of them to increase your download/upload.

Or you can buy a router that has two WAN ports and it'll use both connections. Hope this helps.

It does as I am using XP .... It doesn't have to be XP Pro does it? I'll price out routers too currently I am using two routers and a Hub, 10 computers total.
    There are advantages to being retarded...and I'm taking advantage of all of them.

If you have some cache I would trust router approach, I'm not sure about XP home. I have only used XP pro and win 2003 server.

The windows bridge won't increase bandwidth as it only supports gateway fail over.

If your needing increased upload speed, then your current arrangement won't support a dual wan setup.

Downloads will only see an increase if the application your using for downloads supports multi-threaded downloads.

So, if the audio streams are aimed upstream you might want to settle for serving the audio solely on the T1 as it has higher upload rate and just use the cable for the home lan.

On the otherhand, if the requirements are more for downloads and multiple hosts then a dual wan router would be the way to go. ( Just make sure to use a multi-threaded download manager.)

While I realize NewEgg is not the only source, it does have a easily search-able database, and they had five dual WAN routers the cheapest that would work for me is $469. A little steep for a experiment. I'll stick with my current set up. Thanks to both of you.

I guess you didn't see the Dlink DI-LB604 at $109.99.

I am running ten computers and it only has four outputs.

Soy el caimán seis cincuenta.

Okay that might work.

It will. Just run one of your 'ports' from the 4 port router into one of the 'ports' on the switch and viola! you just added a bunch more ports. Make sense?
    Soy el caimán seis cincuenta.

Oh yes it does and thanks

You are aware he's dealing with two seperate WAN connections and not a single WAN connection?

I took it to mean get the dual Wan D-Link but add a switch after to get enough ports for my other computers.

Ah, just making sure.