Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Quote of the Day...

“When it takes two weeks and six different positions to answer one question on immigration, it’s easier to understand why the Clinton campaign would rather plant their questions than answer them,” said Barack Obama spokesman Bill Burton…”
    In hopes that we find more clever quips... here's a thread for 'em.

Have fun.

Re: Quote of the Day...

Can we go back in time?

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." --George W. Bush, in response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000
    Tyan S5397 2x X5450 16GB - SuperMicro H8DCI 2x 275 8GB - Iwill DK8X 2x Opteron 250 2GB

Take a Kid FISHING!

First, one we received at 6:41 p.m. ET Monday:
    Washington, DC -- Dodd campaign spokesperson Colleen Flanagan today issued the following statement today (sic) after Senator Clinton said as president, she would have the United States take a "time out" regarding trade agreements with other countries. Last week she said she would support President Bush's Peruvian free trade agreement.

"On Saturday at the Iowa Jefferson Jackson Dinner, Senator Clinton said she stands now where she's always stood. Today she confirmed it: on both sides of every issue."

Alan Colmes say:
    By the way, he's for free trade, Kos is. He's for balanced budgets. He's really - he's not a far left liberal as he has been portrayed.

This isn't really a quote of the day, but a follow up to the first post... maybe Obama's staff guy, Burton should take over the talking job... 'cause even with all the prep for the inevitable question, Obama gave us this in the debate (yeah, I watched the entire thing):
    Wolf Blitzer: …Barring, and uh avoiding… assuming there isn’t going to be comprehensive immigration reform, do you support or oppose driver’s licenses for illegal immigrants?

Barack Obama: I… am not… proposing… that that’s what we do. What I’m saying is that we can’t be… [audience laughs] no, no, no look I , I have already said… I support the notion that we have to deal with public safety and that driver’s licenses at the state level can make that happen. But what I also know…

Blitzer: All right.

Obama: But what I also know, Wolf, is that if we keep on getting distracted by this problem then we are not solving it.

Wolf Blitzer: Because this is the kind of question that it’s sort of available for a yes or a no answer… either you support it or you oppose it!
    Fe, fi, fo, fumble...

Thanks to MM for the transcript.

BTW, Hillary's answer to the question, do you support driver's licenses for illegal aliens?:
    No.

One I just noticed I hadnt read in awhile

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side.
    Hunter S. Thompson

To questions surrounding Hillary Clinton's claimed experience in the field of foreign diplomacy... Bill Clinton responds:
    "In my first term, Hillary was, in effect, the face of America."
    So there... Hillary's got experience as "the face"...

I'm sure Scooter's got an appropriate face or two...

Pathetic. The "face" of America.
    And Bill was the "head".

Bill Clinton

Last edited by jimzinsocal; 11-27-2007 at 06:24 PM.

"The static electricity created by my shoes rubbing across this carpet creates more energy than the Democrats' energy bill."

Rep. George Radanovich (R-Calif.)

12-06-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    To questions surrounding Hillary Clinton's claimed experience in the field of foreign diplomacy... Bill Clinton responds:So there... Hillary's got experience as "the face"...

I'm sure Scooter's got an appropriate face or two...

Caption: "But I'm feeling much better now..."

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

"Quote" of the century. It's the fricking twilight zone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZ...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post

Caption: "But I'm feeling much better now..."

Ive seen a better smile on a race horse

that picture of her even makes John McCain look good!

^^reminds me of that cheerleader we all knew in HS or College " Ive never done this before [as the chrome is sucked off all bumberhitches within a 2 mile radius]"

Put some horns on her and shes a dead ringer for Tim Curries devil, Darkness
    in the movie Legend.
    Or Jim Careys Grinch
    Last edited by THOMAS LYNN; 12-07-2007 at 02:54 AM.
    Asrock 990FX FX8120 8G Gskill 2133 2x WD2T 6.0 pc p+c 950w
    Asrock 890FX 1090t 2x4 Gskill 1866 RipJaw WD 1T 6.0 mushkin 850w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 8 Gskill RipJaw 1866 WD1T 6.0 ocz 750 w
    DFI 790FXB M3H5 PII 965 2x4 Gskill Rip Jaw 1600 Ocz evo720
    DFI 790FXB M2RSH PII 955 2x1Gskill 1600 Saph 4670 Ocz Evo 720W
    DFI LP Jr 790GX PII 720 2X1Gskill 1600 Sapph 3650 Seas 600w
    DFI 790FXM2RS PII 720 2x1gig Gskill 1600 Sapphire HD3400
    DFI Lp ultra D SLI Opti 148@300x10 @33c 1 gig Crucial ballistix 4000

From a WSJ piece this morning:

BY BRET STEPHENS
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:01 a.m. EST

"The USSR could derive considerable military advantage from the establishment of Soviet medium- and intermediate-range ballistic missiles in Cuba, or from the establishment of a submarine base there. . . . Either development, however, would be incompatible with Soviet practice to date and with Soviet policy as we presently estimate it."

--Special National Intelligence Estimate 85-3-62, Sept. 19, 1962