Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Quote of the Day...

"In the wrong hands, samurai swords are dangerous weapons "

Vernon Coaker, Home Office minister (who is about to ban them in the UK)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7139724.stm

On the death a 16 y/o girl, who died after her father called authorities saying, "I killed my daughter.", this:

"I don't want the public to think that this is really an Islamic issue or an immigrant issue," said Mohamed Elmasry of the Canadian Islamic Congress. "It is a teenager issue."

Yes, because we all know how pervasive the parents-killing-their-teenagers-for-disobeying problem is. Get a clue, bud. At minimum this is a cultural problem, and that aspect of culture isn't inherent in Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    On the death a 16 y/o girl, who died after her father called authorities saying, "I killed my daughter.", this:

"I don't want the public to think that this is really an Islamic issue or an immigrant issue," said Mohamed Elmasry of the Canadian Islamic Congress. "It is a teenager issue."

Yes, because we all know how pervasive the parents-killing-their-teenagers-for-disobeying problem is. Get a clue, bud. At minimum this is a cultural problem, and that aspect of culture isn't inherent in Ontario.
    In short.. call it everything under the sun.. but what it really is. Keep moving.. nothing to see here..
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

lets see that mug of your scoot - like a dogs buttocks probably

"Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect;
    a haphazardly selective memory;
    a set of preconceptions and assumptions
    so numerous that I can never examine more
    than a minority of them-never become conscious
    of them all.
    How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?"

Foot in mouth quote from the Huckabee camp...
    "Honestly, because Rush doesn’t think for himself. That’s not necessarily a slap because he’s not paid to be a thinker—he’s an entertainer. I can’t remember the last time that he has veered from the talking points from the DC/Manhattan chattering class. If they were praising Huckabee, he would be too."

"Also, I have to think that he’s dying to have Hillary in the White House. Bill Clinton made Rush a megastar. Having another Clinton back in power would make him the Leading Voice of the Opposition once again."
    Of course, Rushbo responded and now its a big arsed deal.

Why attack the leading conservative talk show host?

Stupid.

Huckabee needs all the friends he can get.

That's just plain dumb...

French president hails New Year's Eve largely unmarred by youth unrest

The Associated Press

document.writeln('<div id="bodyText" style="font-size: ' + currentTextSize + 'px; line-height: ' + currentLineHeight + 'px;">');

PARIS: French President Nicolas Sarkozy thanked police officers and firefighters on Tuesday for helping decrease the number of run-ins with rowdy New Year's Eve revelers who have made torching cars an annual problem in the country's troubled neighborhoods.
    The Interior Ministry said 273 cars were set alight overnight on Monday, down nearly 13 percent from the 2006 total of 313 vehicles.
    "Overall there were fewer incidents of arson and almost no clashes between gangs or with the police forces," Sarkozy told a gathering of civil servants who were on duty on Jan. 31. Besides security forces, the audience also included paramedics, doctors and employees of the national train authority.
    "We can be happy," the French leader said.

Yeah. "We can be happy"^^^^

No no no, Bush the 1st has dibs on that song. The song was used in George H. W. Bush's campaign in the 1988 election until McFerrin (Who was a Democrat) objected, and the campaign desisted.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Really? Who said so? Show me the traders and quote them that it was all about recession fears.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Really? Who said so? Show me the traders and quote them that it was all about recession fears.
    Funny how "fears of recession" turn into this overnight

Stocks Rise Following Economic Reports

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Funny how "fears of recession" turn into this overnight

Stocks Rise Following Economic Reports
    Not to worry Jim. We all know if a Dimocrat is elected in "08" the news will be equally distorted as positive even if the reality is the polar opposite. It's MSM math..

Repug administration = no way in h3ll we're headlining positive economic news.

Dimocrat administration = recession.. what's that?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Leading citizens of Hillaryland are in a rage. Partly at themselves, partly at each other, partly at the situation. It's like it's their turn in Scrabble, and they have no vowels. They look at the board and see nothing but Os.

- Mike Allen... after the Iowa caucus
    I like Scrabble.

They can spin all they like? Me? As a gentleman's bet? I have a 5 on Obama
    handing her ass on a platter tonight. Bigtime.

And I think McCain is gonna squirm tonight as well.

Yeah. Dont bet on my political predictions!!

But I will say...Obama geve her a run for the money.
    I think he got as many delegates out of the deal.