Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: Vista wont let me OC help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    I had this problem and fixed it by turning off cool n quiet in the bios, im running vista 64 bit right now with now problems
    i always have and had cool and quiet off in bios.........

Thats it I finally gave up on this issue.Just gonna wait to see what happens with vista sp1.
    If that doesnt fix it Ill go back to XP maybe till I upgrade whole rig when AM3 comes out

Don't let this thread fall too far Poci. Right now I'm not running Vista, but I will again and will experiment before any updates. they cpu I was running with it didn't OC for crap anyway, so didn't put a lot of effort into my attempts.

At any rate, just so you know I do think your troubles are worth looking into, and I intend to work on it.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Any help will be apreciated,good luck though
    Cause no one can understand why my vcore and multi are being reset to default

Sigh

Ok Ive decided to give this another try since I have some free time today away from my slave job

Ok heres a quick run down,I was just able to boot into anything I can throw at my rig @ 300x9 and leave CPU burn in test with UBCD for 12 hours straight till I got tired of it.Then I booted into Vista @300x9 in safe mode again just to make sure and it worked fine.
    And now im 100% positive of whats going on,its a software issue,I think its the MS driver for AMD cpus that mister gates forced on us and left the real AMD drivers on the curb.Intresting I saw some of your posts ,showing the same driver I have.Thats what boggles me.
    Hmm could it be cause I have an OEM copy?I dunno,and Im going nuts again.
    See this is why Id rather sell rigs then fix them,they drive me friggen insane!!

This OC issue of mine has gotten to a point where its like,I will even reward the first person to help me find the culprit of this problem and fix it,maybe some money or whatever.I will make it up to this person.
    Why am I so worried about a 3 year old processor?
    BECAUSE I DONT WANT THIS HAPPENING WHEN I UPGRADE TO A QUAD.I got a feeling ill have the same problem even with diferent hardware.And I dont really want to resort to AMD overdrive program and have to OC In windows,not thats its bad,but I just prefer through BIOS the old school way.And as of right now,thats not working the way I want it too.

Sigh! Know the feeling Poci.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Feeling?I doubt it,seriously I dont think I ever found an issue with my own rig that couldnt be fixed.
    This one is definatly for the record books.
    Ill bet the coders at MS know the problem
    Its one of their drivers at boot causing it im positive

How can safe mode and any other OS I load work fine then?

Well at least im not the only one.
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=623762

i see no mention of 64bit in the linked thread. so it's both versions of vista?

edit: i'd see if i could resurrect their thread and compare notes. curious on what motherboards are affected.

ud
    Last edited by uddarts; 04-27-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Honestly I dont think this is a 64 bit issue.
    Seems like a Vista issue no matter what version.What boggles me is why some have it and some dont.

And Im 100% positive its software.Same thing happened to me in XP when I installed the new AMD driver from their website.It "took over" my multi and vcore.

Uninstalling that driver solved the problem and OC was fine.

The question is how do I pinpoint what driver is causing this in Vista?