Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: xbox 360 or playstation 3

Really? I thought the 80gb had the emotion engine too. Well, my bad. Yeesh, that sucks since both the 20 and the 60 got axed.

yup the 80 is just like the 60 in europe, only software emulation, no hardware.

Fold with what you have,
    Every Work Unit can make a difference.

After playing both extensively I decided on picking up a PS3 and couldn't be more happy. Plus, I am a huge race fan so GT5 is a must have.

The games will come. I would rather have a system that will mature in a couple years rather than a 360 that is mature right now. Games like DiRT and Madden play much better on PS3 than they do on 360.

I personally like Sonys marketplace and the online capabilities are free. You can't beat that.

360 has benefits but the reliability is still in question.

I'd probably still buy a PS2 if I were in the market for a console, since IMO it's the games that matter. Wii seems to have the most 'fun factor' of the current gen IMO.

For racing games X360 has Forza, PG4, while PS3 will have the GT5, I don't think PS3 has any edge in racing games if you look at the games out, quite the opposite.

What comes to DiRT, it may very well play better on PS3 (was also released later?), but Madden?
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...n-nfl-08_N.htm
    That said if I had to choose either an X360 or PS3 at the moment, I'd probably go for PS3 (I'd only go for a version with at least some PS2 compatibility though).

I had to choose between them, i'd probably choose the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by fatlazyhomer View Post
    The 360 can play DVDs without any addons. The live service that you have to pay for is the gold service which allows online multiplayer. But your standard free silver membership allows you to download everything at will. I have the 360 for over a year now, and it has yet to fail me. I prefer the 360 for a number of reasons.

1. Bu-Ray vs HD-DVD war isnt over yet. HD-DVD has been selling for ridiculous cheap lately. Ive seen 100$ players with free DVDs. But until that whole thing plays out, Im not buying any HD content. Although I am very tempted by Transformers, which is HD-DVD only.

2. Games. PS3 games at the moment suck. Their best exclusive is Resistence Fall of Man. Now people will say that 360 has no "real" exclusives because they eventually get ported to the PC. But the fact is that its on the 360 for years before it gets ported, whereas for the PS3 its on the PC first for a few years before it gets ported over (FEAR, Oblivion,etc). If you have a beefy PC and alot of patience, then PS3 vs 360 is an irreverant to you because PC>ALL.

But if your like me and want to live in the moment, go with the 360. That said, the PS3 will have Metal Gear Solid 4. If you are a fan of the series, then you should pick up a PS3 but ONLY WHEN THE GAME RELEASES. I will pick up a Wii strictly for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but only when the game comes out and the wiis stay on the shelves (common, im not paying some ebay scalper 400$ for a 250$ console). But the 360 has a number of upcoming exclusives (even if they are only temp exclusives) that I cant wait for, including:
    - Ninja Gaiden 2
    - Gears of War 2
    - Banjo and Kazooie

3. Hard Drive. I have the 20gb, its not even half used. If you keep only what you need and use, its unlikely you would need a 120gb. But this varies person to person depending on how much content they download.

4. Developer Support. You know why PS3 has more in-house developing teams than Nintendo and MS combined? Because it lacks 3rd party support. This isnt the PS2, at least not yet. With the low sales numbers (compared to MS and Nintendo) and the more complex architecture, 3rd party companies arnt going to take the gamble on it.

5. Backward-Compatibility. Not really essential for the 360 though it does have limited features. But considering the ridiculous PS2 library, it is a bit more useful on the PS3. But the problem with that is that the 40gb 400$ model doesnt have it(I think they might have a software emulation thing, but Im not sure)! Only the 80gb model has true backward compatibility. This is sort of a moot point for both to me since I have no reason to play last generation games, but for those of you hoping to buy a PS3/PS2-in-one, your gonna have to cough up for the premium package.

The playstation 3 may have more potential power than the 360, but it wont be tapped for a long time - if at all (depending on who you ask). The PS3 is not AMD and the 360 is not Intel, so popularity DOES MATTER. Because developers support popular hardware. If you want a good folder, a semi-HTPC, and a general media player, the PS3 will probably be your pick. But if you want to play really good games as soon as they are launched, you cant go wrong with the 360 (or the Wii, if you can find one).

Although when all is said and done, the PC owns all. It can do everything better and it can do more. But thats only if your willing to constantly put money into upgrading it. Well, thats my take on the whole stupid debate.

Add: As for great online gameplay, Im a PC person. But that said, I live in a college suite of 14 ppl and the game that brings all of us together is Halo 3. These guys play alot! They are totally willing to pay the cost of gold membership to play more.
    The ps3 has much better exclusives. Heavenly Sword, Tekken5 dark ressurection, the new ratchet and clank, UT3 first and better, Resistance like you said, Unchartered, MGS4 for a while, haze, and many, many more.

Gears of War for the PC in dx10 makes the xbox360 look like a nintendo 64.

I think more mature hardcore gamers would rather have a ressurection of Killer Instinct and Battletoads. It's unlikely that the Banjo Kazooie game is going to be all that great or all that different from previous entries in the series.

You are entitled to your own opinions Vote Ron Paul, but the nation's wallet sides with me.

PlayStation 3

PlayStation 3 games that have sold one million copies or more.Xbox 360

Xbox 360 games that have sold one million copies or more.Total Xbox Live Arcade games downloaded (including free demos) as of March 6, 2007: 25 million.[27]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#PlayStation_3

i have both and the answer is 360
    ------------------
    AMD Athlon 64 bit 3200+ Winchester socket 939
    MSI K8N NEO PLAT 2 ULTRA NFORCE 3
    evga 6800 gt
    western digital raptor 74 gb 10,000 rpm
    2 GB RAM
    Audigy 2zs sound card
    nec dual layer dvd/cd rw 16X
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech MX 518 Mouse
    Logitech Z-5300 5.1 speakers

hello all
    I look to get a PS3. The own games I play on console is Madden and NBA live so any or game I play is on my PC. I would like to know from the people who have PS3 how is it playing madden 08 online. Is it like PS2 if so I will get (is then a lot of people play madden 08 like it is in PS2). Is a then person play online on Madden 08 for PS3? I not want an Xbox 360 because I do not want to pay to play online. You pay for the game and you want me to pay to play one online two.
    EVGA nForce 780i SLI
    Intel Q6600 GO FSB 9x400 (3.6) at 1.46 and memory is at 450
    G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB)DDR2 800 F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK 4-4-4-8
    H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Extreme
    2x SLI Evga 8800 GTX
    Thermaltake Mozart TX Entertainment Case
    OCZ 1000w